30/09/19 | Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 30/09/19 | Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:Happy with the point. Good from Saka and Leno

Scrappy but hay, we got the goal back and held on

Man United started a 10% fit Rashford, Championships Danny James & forever 21 Jesse Lingard

Whilst having both of their fullbacks our injured, one of which is a world class defensive talent

Blimey

Our midfield is a bag of shit

So whats your point?

1000x what United’s midfield was, even Pogba wasn’t fit

Okey dokes
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Jedi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:47 pm

Dejan wrote:
Zenith wrote:If we ignore the OT factor for a second and consider the number of glaring chances we've failed to convert, it kind of feels like we've dropped 2 points.

Then again, United have had several chances of their own, so I guess we can't be too entitled about the end result.

On a positive note, we're 4th whilst United continue to be stuck in mid table.
Thought united were the better side. They controlled first half and we only had a good 10minutes in 2nd.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

xG disagrees. We objectively had the better chances in both halves. Surprisingly enough, in terms of chances created vs chances conceded, this is one of our best games this season.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby theHotHead » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:56 pm

Ach wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:Got a point at place we struggle to play at and we are still in top 4. Definitely feeling positive.

Lol. Kidding, right??
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Ole is starting to look like smeagol right before he turned into Gollum. The Man Utd job is a harsh mistress.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Holdini » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 pm

a young full back and ashley young on the other side and we couldn't take advantage. christ.
Holdini
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:00 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:Got a point at place we struggle to play at and we are still in top 4. Definitely feeling positive.

Lol. Kidding, right??

Which part?

We have struggled at OT with better Arsenal sides v worse Man Utd sides than this. We are top 4.

Which part is the kidding part?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:32 pm

The good:

- We didnt lose

- we did our best (We are a really, really average flawed side)

- Saka and Chambers

The Bad:

- Our midfield is a mess, the issue is none of the three have any attacking awareness and have no ability to play between the lines so we had to create everything down the wings. This effects us defensively because again we give the ball away constantly.

- Despite our poor midfield if Pepe was actually good we might have had a better chance of winning but he looks inferior to even Gervinho when he was here. Awful today, no excuses either. He's just limited, if he can't cut inside he sucks.

- Defence while better than previous week at times just f***ing mindless.

- Emery has a big job on his hands to sort this all out. He's doing a good job. Our team is absolute poverty on general. We have two outstanding players but we can't really play a 442 with them both and one usually being Auba is shafted to the wing with a 4-3-3.
We have no reliable wingers and i honestly dont even think Nelson is a winger, he's trying to hard to be CR7 or Messi which is why he's failing right now. I dont want to heap pressure on Saka in his first senior season. He's still got loads to learn as it is.

Maybe when Ceballos can play a full match and beefs up enough we can get our passing style back, until then or well until we get two flying wingbacks going this poverty level team will have to grind it out.

We are no better than United hence why a draw is a decent and acceptable result. They actually had the better players tonight and have a better squad even. We are the 5th best team in the league, only marginally better than Chelsea but even Chelsea have a more balanced squad. In terms of attacking mids we have serious problems and it all centers around that idiot who sitting at home not even good enough to make the bench but is on the biggest wage packet. We don't have the squad to even play consistent attacking football because we don't have any attacking mids good enough to build the team around.

The team is clearly behind the manager which is very important and while Xhaka is an idiot the players trust and believe in him i believe in this team but I'm realistic and it needs an attacking mid and some hard decisions made on creating a stable starting XI. Defensively we will improve once we have a stable team. The issues seem to be how poorly balanced the team is and confusion in regards to closing down and pressing. I have hope Ceballos can become the attacking talisman we need over 90 minutes.

Many fans really dont understand tactics. Anyone who says our lineup today was wrong is foolish. Emery got it spot on with what he had, stupiness from Xhaka cost us just before half time but we didnt cave in like in previous matches and just allow united any real momentum to score then go up the gears. They are crap and our shape really made them show how shit they are. They had to work to break us down and even once they did they didn't have enough quality at all to take advantage. We didn't really give them any easy gifts. McTominay's goal was a f***ing quality strike, why Xhaka ducked i really don't know. Idiot made himself smaller.

If we went at them like some naive fans have moaned about we would of easily caved in and conceded at least 3 goals we would of started Uniteds season, letting them get their form back on track. We arent good enough to beat them on the front foot away from home, we are not better than them. You all should have noticed while i was happy with Ceballos today, he came on and looked quality again, defensively he is just garbage, i like his attitude he makes and effort and closes down but he cannot defend for shit and thats why United had their best attacking spells when he came on. Ceballos did everything wrong, just let players run and had zero awareness what to do. Add the stamina and strength deficiencies and this is why be don't start!

Anyway. Onto Thursday!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:23 pm

the guardian summed it up neatly...
" a point from a thud-and-blunder evening that demonstrated how far these old rivals have to go before they can harbour realistic title ambitions."
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:29 pm

TRUTH!

Losmeister wrote:the guardian summed it up neatly...
" a point from a thud-and-blunder evening that demonstrated how far these old rivals have to go before they can harbour realistic title ambitions."
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:44 pm

elkanofan wrote:TRUTH!

btw, is that a play on words from BLOOD AND THUNDER?
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:32 am

A point at OT is never a bad result, far more damaging to United's top four chances than ours
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby FARM » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:46 am

Looked like 2 very bad sides out there, the 1st half was below amateur level, 2nd half was a better game but still not easy too watch, so sloppy.

1 point away is not bad, but its just the actual quality of football, its so sub par.
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby FARM » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:50 am

I'm not convinced about Pepe at all, sorry not trying to be harsh to the guy, but I need to see A LOT more before I can be convinced we have a good player on our hands. He seems very erratic and nervous in front of goal and his shooting is embarrassing.
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby elkanofan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:14 am

Losmeister wrote:

Yeah, but a parody to show how shit both teams are.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:42 am

elkanofan wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

Yeah, but a parody to show how shit both teams are.

right on... it took me a few minutes... not that i ever actually heard anyone describe a footy match as BLOOD AND THUNDER
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20