01/09/19 | Arsenal 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League

Re: 01/09/19 | Arsenal 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur | Premier Leagu

Postby Gunpowder » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:40 pm

indy23 wrote:
Diablo wrote:Another shit performance with no fluency, full of errors. We still look just a bit too disjointed as a team. Passing is as always too slow with not enough movement off the ball to be penetrative.

Emery is not the man to lead this club. There does not seem to be a plan in place. Defence is all over the shop. Midfield lack any tactical awareness and the front 3 aren’ mobile enough. One thing that separates the Guardiolas, Klopps, and Simeones from the rest is their ability to send the team out with every player knowing their exact roles and what they need to do. Most of our players still look clueless and our play too spontaneous.

I would get Ten Hag, Nagelsmann or Gasperini in.

Emery has this season. If he fails top4/Europa his third year option will not be picked up. Honestly think Freddie will be the next one line bar maybe allegri I don't think we will go with anyone outside of league experience.

We should look into Hasenhüttl
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby island_gunner » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Stating the obvious, I'm bummed we didn't win

I really came on just to say I don't think there's any player I despise more than Dele Alli :angry:
island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:43 pm

Im so pissed we were at home and played no attacking mid against spurs... wtf! So glad we showed character to get a point though, couldnt stomach the W****rs walking away with all 3. Still in for top 4 but Emery needs to get his shit together quick or hes out.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:50 pm

Diablo wrote:Another shit performance with no fluency, full of errors. We still look just a bit too disjointed as a team. Passing is as always too slow with not enough movement off the ball to be penetrative.

Emery is not the man to lead this club. There does not seem to be a plan in place. Defence is all over the shop. Midfield lack any tactical awareness and the front 3 aren’ mobile enough. One thing that separates the Guardiolas, Klopps, and Simeones from the rest is their ability to send the team out with every player knowing their exact roles and what they need to do. Most of our players still look clueless and our play too spontaneous.

I would get Ten Hag, Nagelsmann or Gasperini in.

Sometimes I really think I'm watching a different game from this forum.

We dominated them for long periods but just couldn't finish and 4 ndividual errors led to us conceding.

Otherwise, I think we had them on toast. There was a period of 15 mins in the second half we didn't leave their final third.

Of course I'm gutted we didn't get the win, but I simply cannot understand how aside from the gross stupidity of xhaka and sokratis first losing the challenge v kane then literally not picking up eriksen behind him, our performance could be described as shit.

Each to their own.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:59 pm

I've seen us play in games where we need to score but just pass pass pass pass pass in the middle with no urgency.

Today was not that day. We threw everything at them but couldn't get that third. Pepe for all his lack of end product was running at them and scaring them shitless. Auba and guendouzi were awesome. Had Laca stayed on we win this or had someone better than mkhi came on we win this. He had a stinker.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby antfosfosant » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:47 pm

Need Tierney. Kola offers nothing in defence and even in attack can’t cross (save for predictable pull back - cf either Liverpool fullback) and too often is caught unnecessarily offside. The disallowed goal today: no need for him to be testing the line as he did
antfosfosant
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:08 pm

The game was pretty much exactly what you'd expect ... Spuds were missing key defensive players and we dominated their defensive set-up however we are guaranteed to make mistakes and we did ... shame we couldn't score a couple more but equally good job Son can't finish.

The huge improvement is in the fight, the goal just before half time was crucial, be honest who wasn't expecting them to be booed off at half time heads would have dropped game over ... that 47th minute goal was the game-changer maybe even a season changer ... second half we were fired up and could and maybe should have won it ...

For me positive signs ... but the moaners will moan ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:38 pm

EliteKiller wrote:The game was pretty much exactly what you'd expect ... Spuds were missing key defensive players and we dominated their defensive set-up however we are guaranteed to make mistakes and we did ... shame we couldn't score a couple more but equally good job Son can't finish.

The huge improvement is in the fight, the goal just before half time was crucial, be honest who wasn't expecting them to be booed off at half time heads would have dropped game over ... that 47th minute goal was the game-changer maybe even a season changer ... second half we were fired up and could and maybe should have won it ...

For me positive signs ... but the moaners will moan ...

Pretty much this, although I would counter with the fact that we've been playing without bellerin for over half a season and haven't been able to start the first proper fit and athletic LB.

We've been playing with defensive issues for a while now that they are suffering. Good news is, it's nearly over.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby NJ_Gunner » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:16 pm

I was not happy with Emery’s midfield selection, in particular Xhaka and Guendouzi. Guendouzi has a great second half though proved me wrong, however Xhaka still just needs to go. You honestly get the feeling if he didn’t play today we almost definitely would have gotten all 3 points. Oh well, at least Chelsea and Man U fuc*** this weekend up also.
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby FARM » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:04 am

Please please please please please never ever play 3 defensive midfielders at home in any game ever again!. its a joke. we are like scared rabbits. Emery needs to stop with this pathetic 3 DM's in home games at Emirates, or if not he can be shown the door

Yes I admit on certain occasions in away games like Man City you may have to do it, BUT for home games never!!, its telling the opponents we are scared before its even begun
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby coolaa » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 am

Xhaka in no way worths in the starting of even at the club, what can he actually offer other than some long range shooting, not even his long/shot passing is like a killer pass. Should give chance to Chambers to be our starting DM, or a mobile Willock.
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:28 am

Oh ay ohhhh we’ve got granit xhaka
Oh ay ohhhh he’s a f***ing w***er
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:50 am

FARM wrote:Please please please please please never ever play 3 defensive midfielders at home in any game ever again!. its a joke. we are like scared rabbits. Emery needs to stop with this pathetic 3 DM's in home games at Emirates, or if not he can be shown the door

Yes I admit on certain occasions in away games like Man City you may have to do it, BUT for home games never!!, its telling the opponents we are scared before its even begun

Mad how they were scared the entire match and save for 2 huge errors we would have won 2-0.

It worked a treat. We controlled midfield for the majority of the game and dominated possession and had the most chances we've ever produced under emery.

We just didn't finish them and also had terrible individual mistakes which cost us.

But you don't want a midfield that can do that?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:24 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby north bank gooner » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHfqyVYlL-c

Probably the best terrace chant to come out of Arsenal for a good few seasons.
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20