24/08/19 | Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 24/08/19 | Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:25 am

Callum wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:Liverpool has talent but they are not loaded with talent at every position.

Some of their starting players would look very average on other teams or system. Their midfield isnt exactly star studded but they work well together.

Liverpool team plays better than its parts because of Klopp.

He makes the players believe in his system, trains them well, and gets the most out of them.

They beat more talented teams on their way to CL title and Klopp is the #1 reason why.

They're a complete team. No obvious weaknesses. They have the best centre-back in the world, the best pair of full-backs in the world, and probably the best front three in the world.

I'd argue that they're the best run major club in Europe.

Agree about Virgil but the best three in the world? Certainly not individually. They work well together. Of the three I would only consider Salah as an elite player.

They are nowhere going to be as damaging if not in Klopp's system.

Same with their midfield.

It's a team that has mastered Klopp's system.

The same group of players would be no where as good if klopp was not there managing them. They wouldn't even have been constructed the way they have been.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:37 am

Most embarrassing part about today was pools 3rd goal pass started by there goalie on his goal line basicly our tactics today implemented against us perfectly lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:16 am

Mike Dean wrote:
Callum wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:Liverpool has talent but they are not loaded with talent at every position.

Some of their starting players would look very average on other teams or system. Their midfield isnt exactly star studded but they work well together.

He makes the players believe in his system, trains them well, and gets the most out of them.

They beat more talented teams on their way to CL title and Klopp is the #1 reason why.

They're a complete team. No obvious weaknesses. They have the best centre-back in the world, the best pair of full-backs in the world, and probably the best front three in the world.

Agree about Virgil but the best three in the world? Certainly not individually. They work well together. Of the three I would only consider Salah as an elite player.

The same group of players would be no where as good if klopp was not there managing them. They wouldn't even have been constructed the way they have been.

Mad that hes had x amount of years to get to this point and it didn't just click at the start of season 2.

Impossible to explain that.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:02 am

we played way to narrow imo we needed to play a 4-3-3 and go attack them we dotn have the defenders to play like mourinho emery got it wrong td imo and bellerin teirney and holding will make a big dif
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:24 pm

Klopps midfield: physical/great motors/sujper well drilled to play in front of one of the 3 best Cbs in the owrld, atm.. if not#1

Salah is indeed elite... Mane, with the other 2 is borderline elite, Firmino with the other 2 is well above average

We chose to not let them go through the middle with combos and opted to defend crosses...

Aftre half Luiz lost his mind and BAM 0-3...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:41 pm

Losmeister wrote:Klopps midfield: physical/great motors/sujper well drilled to play in front of one of the 3 best Cbs in the owrld, atm.. if not#1

Salah is indeed elite... Mane, with the other 2 is borderline elite, Firmino with the other 2 is well above average

We chose to not let them go through the middle with combos and opted to defend crosses...

Also 2x BuLi, UCL Finalist, 97 points in the Prem... And, and, and - a UCL Title.

Meanwhile at the Grove, promise, prospect, potential under a manager who's never finished in the top-4 in a semi-decent league; who also lost a one-horse title race, whilst showing no signs of any identity or philosophy in his time at Arsenal.

Oh, did I say that we spent nearly as much as Man City this summer and WAY MORE than any other top-6 club?

All is well at poor 'ol Arsenal Palace.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:51 pm

Angelito wrote:
Losmeister wrote:Klopps midfield: physical/great motors/sujper well drilled to play in front of one of the 3 best Cbs in the owrld, atm.. if not#1

Also 2x BuLi, UCL Finalist, 97 points in the Prem... And, and, and - a UCL Title.

Meanwhile at the Grove, promise, prospect, potential under a manager who's never finished in the top-4 in a semi-decent league; who also lost a one-horse title race, whilst showing no signs of any identity or philosophy in his time at Arsenal.

Oh, did I say that we spent nearly as much as Man City this summer and WAY MORE than any other top-6 club?

To compare our spending to City is just disingenuous. We might've spent more this summer but it's only because City already have 15 or so players they spent £50m+ on.

Also, given the sales this summer (and potentially more to come), we really haven't spent that much.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:37 pm

Zedie wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
Callum wrote:

Mad that hes had x amount of years to get to this point and it didn't just click at the start of season 2.

His attack and offense caught on very quick and he played to that strength until he shored up the midfield and defense.

Liverpool were scoring plenty of goals early despite giving up goals as well.

He realized what the strength of the team was early on and tried to take advantage of it.

Excellent manager that implements his strategy/tactics with clear short term and long term plan.

He has a track history. His Dortmund team won consecutive league titles in an era where pretty much no one but Bayern wins it.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:39 pm

Angelito wrote:

The way you erased his trophies at PSG lol you really hate this guy don't you
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:50 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
Callum wrote:

His attack and offense caught on very quick and he played to that strength until he shored up the midfield and defense.

Liverpool were scoring plenty of goals early despite giving up goals as well.

He realized what the strength of the team was early on and tried to take advantage of it.

Excellent manager that implements his strategy/tactics with clear short term and long term plan.

He has a track history. His Dortmund team won consecutive league titles in an era where pretty much no one but Bayern wins it.

He also got absolutely battered during that period and had people on here cracking up saying he was destroyed after he nearly relegated Dortmund.

It's taken him 6 years to get to where he is. He lost in EL finals early on too (to Emery lol). Meanwhile, emery is being destroyed by some on here because he can't go toe to toe with a 6 year old klopp team and massive investment to get to a CL final.

I don't even f***ing care if he goes at the end of the season if hes not good enough, I just think its absolute madness for some of you to sit here and compare him to Guardiola klopp potch after one full season and 3 games like hes supposed to have turned the ship around.

It's just f***ing ludicrous and probably the most illogical train I thought.

Potch is being hailed as elite and never won anything in all those years.

Klopp has taken 6 years to get the CL and has his team running how he wants.

Guardiola has literally never been tested outside of having the biggest budget and best squad in all 3 leagues hes managed. Even our apparent lord and saviour took 2 or 3 years to actually win major trophies and hes still getting shown up in the CL.

Mourinho still can't find work other than being a stand up on Sky Sports.

Arteta has never managed a first team in his life ffs.

Simeone allegri etc are out of our pay grade or simply didn't want to come here.

This is the level of hyperbole on these threads.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:06 pm

Personally, I don't feel the need to judge Emery on what he did at PSG, Sevilla and everywhere else he's been. That's what got him the job and we've now seen a season under his stewardship. He has his faults and I don't see him leading us to title glory but after some smart business this summer I feel like we've got the tools to get back into the Champions League, which will signal a good season for us.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:31 pm

Callum wrote:Personally, I don't feel the need to judge Emery on what he did at PSG, Sevilla and everywhere else he's been. That's what got him the job and we've now seen a season under his stewardship. He has his faults and I don't see him leading us to title glory but after some smart business this summer I feel like we've got the tools to get back into the Champions League, which will signal a good season for us.

Agreed on both the business this summer and Emery.

I was pleasantly surprised at out spending and targets this summer and have been happy on that front.

I also agree that I do not see Emery as someone that will take us all the way.

He is a flawed manager that is desperately trying to experiment with players and tactics to keep his job. He needs to decide on what exactly he wants to do and stick with it regardless of the outcome. Players need stability to form cohesiveness and I dont see a scared Emery providing that sort of environment.

His negative style of football is also going to work against him in a league where the top two teams score at a very high level. Over the course of the season, it is going to cost him points.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:36 am

I personally like Emery he was handed a poison challis (devided fan base) over hyped squad and a board room and back staff in turmoil.
He has removed the deadwood the club has been able to.and continues to work removing what has been identified to be not needed.
He has taken us to a EL final although I believe making that final and having his eyes firmly on that silverware cost us top 4 and a CL slot
He has obviously been involved in identifying players for the transfers as any manager would and we know we have been told there are more to come (hopefully bolstering our defence)
He is 3 games into the season we had our best start in a decade then had a god awful day at the office against a very good team.
This week I feel we will get a better idea of how we are tracking against another good team
COYG dont lose faith it is only early days
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:34 am

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:

To compare our spending to City is just disingenuous. We might've spent more this summer but it's only because City already have 15 or so players they spent £50m+ on.

Also, given the sales this summer (and potentially more to come), we really haven't spent that much.

Haters will always find an excuse to hate, WTF don't they support Spurs.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:35 am

VCC wrote:I personally like Emery he was handed a poison challis (devided fan base) over hyped squad and a board room and back staff in turmoil.
He has removed the deadwood the club has been able to.and continues to work removing what has been identified to be not needed.
He has taken us to a EL final although I believe making that final and having his eyes firmly on that silverware cost us top 4 and a CL slot
He has obviously been involved in identifying players for the transfers as any manager would and we know we have been told there are more to come (hopefully bolstering our defence)
He is 3 games into the season we had our best start in a decade then had a god awful day at the office against a very good team.
This week I feel we will get a better idea of how we are tracking against another good team
COYG dont lose faith it is only early days

Good post. :clap: :clap:
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2019-20