17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Chat here before, during and after the match.
Also get the squad news as it happens.

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby Callum » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:27 pm

When was the last time we started a season with two victories? Around a decade?

Not a vintage performance but a vital win. Burnley are a horrible team to play against so I don't care too much how we get the 3 points as long as we get them, especially this early in the season. Takes a bit of pressure off heading into the Liverpool and Tottenham games as well.

Ceballos was superb, a legit 10/10 display.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34545
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Well done to the lads.

Will have to watch this one tommorow as taking the girl out, I shouldn't even be watching the highlights but I snuck it.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 21284
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby BouncySean » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Jase89 wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
BouncySean wrote:
Losmeister wrote:dyche is a dyke


Nice since when is homophobia okay?


great contribution


:lol:

I wouldn’t exactly call it homophobia as I’m pretty sure Sean Dyche is not a lesbian


Whilst I can understand the logic behind this. Calling him a dyke is clearly implying that dyke is an insult and consequently there is something wrong with being gay.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:33 pm

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby Jase89 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:19 am

BouncySean wrote:
Jase89 wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
BouncySean wrote:
Losmeister wrote:dyche is a dyke


Nice since when is homophobia okay?


great contribution


:lol:

I wouldn’t exactly call it homophobia as I’m pretty sure Sean Dyche is not a lesbian


Whilst I can understand the logic behind this. Calling him a dyke is clearly implying that dyke is an insult and consequently there is something wrong with being gay.


Fair dinkum, I can see where you’re coming from
User avatar
Jase89
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby yadunoe » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:25 am

hopefully bellerin and teirney can come back once they come back we are going to be a dynamic legit team
User avatar
yadunoe
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:29 am

BouncySean wrote:
Jase89 wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
BouncySean wrote:
Losmeister wrote:dyche is a dyke


Nice since when is homophobia okay?


great contribution


:lol:

I wouldn’t exactly call it homophobia as I’m pretty sure Sean Dyche is not a lesbian


Whilst I can understand the logic behind this. Calling him a dyke is clearly implying that dyke is an insult and consequently there is something wrong with being gay.


If you look hard enough you can find wrong in everything, I don't think he was trying to imply anything other than Dyche is a t**t. FFS chill out.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 17108
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:53 am

Sean Dyche’s explosive rant against cheating & diving after Arsenal 2 – Burnley 1

Fook off Dyche you gormless a$$hole
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 17108
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby Fenice » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Nuggets wrote:Sean Dyche’s explosive rant against cheating & diving after Arsenal 2 – Burnley 1

Fook off Dyche you gormless a$$hole


His players couldn’t deal with Ceballos, so they started kicking. He can F off.
Image
User avatar
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7379
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal vs Burnley | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:54 pm

gooney wrote:First home game of the season against a small team. Will we go for it or the usual defensive team. People here are dreaming if they think laca, pepe and auba will play same time. I take 2 of that and even that im not sure. Burnley will play with 2 strikers and i bet we will play with one

I had a 26 minute dream yesterday
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11590
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal vs Burnley | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:24 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
Ach wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:Apart from Ceballos we’ve looked dire everywhere on the pitch. For a bloke who’s supposed to be a master tactician Unai isn’t half shit

Nowhere to be seen after the Newcastle win, we scored and still no sign. Burnley score and here you are. Never change.


I was active all last weekend. We scraped a 1-0 win against a Newcastle team going through s managerial change and fan revolt. Now at home against Burnley we can’t string more than 5 passes together and have spent most of the game passing sideways in midfield and defending crosses.

We got a 1-0 win at Newcastle
I listed all the champions who in the season who won it got a 1 goal win or worse with Newcastle
20 results
14/15 champions Chelsea scrapped a 1-1 draw home to burnley as well
Not being a fan you ain't seen any tense scrappy wins
They don't exist in the wonderland zoo
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11590
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:35 pm

Manoban wrote:
Mess wrote:
Manoban wrote:We still look nowhere near pool/city

No improvement over last year


Nowhere near Pool and City, true.

No improvement over last year? Not sure what you're watching

We struggle to control the game at home, against Burnley one of the worst footballing teams

Also, didn't create much in either game. Just Auba bailing us out again

Burnley who got 2-2 draws at both man Utd and Chelsea last season
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11590
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby VCC » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:47 pm

Burnly are one of the hardest teams to play physically the new stoke. Keep in mind the Arsenal defensive softness over more than a decade this is a huge result, showed intent showed a building toughness something we have not had for years FIGHT
User avatar
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8303
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby Sims » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:06 pm

VCC wrote:Burnly are one of the hardest teams to play physically the new stoke. Keep in mind the Arsenal defensive softness over more than a decade this is a huge result, showed intent showed a building toughness something we have not had for years FIGHT


They’ve never taken a point off us for about 30 years
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 30377
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby VCC » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:18 pm

Sims wrote:
VCC wrote:Burnly are one of the hardest teams to play physically the new stoke. Keep in mind the Arsenal defensive softness over more than a decade this is a huge result, showed intent showed a building toughness something we have not had for years FIGHT


They’ve never taken a point off us for about 30 years

Not at all about the result more about the actions of players to achieve it no one looks like they are going to lay down when it gets physical as in recent times
User avatar
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8303
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: 17/08/19 | Arsenal 2-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:23 pm

VCC wrote:
Sims wrote:
VCC wrote:Burnly are one of the hardest teams to play physically the new stoke. Keep in mind the Arsenal defensive softness over more than a decade this is a huge result, showed intent showed a building toughness something we have not had for years FIGHT


They’ve never taken a point off us for about 30 years

Not at all about the result more about the actions of players to achieve it no one looks like they are going to lay down when it gets physical as in recent times


It was nice to see them stand up to those Gimps, the new Bolton.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 17108
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Previous

Return to Arsenal Live Match Day Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests