Garbage, especially Iwobi, Licht and Mustafi
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Re: 03/02/19 | Manchester City 3-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Angelito wrote:
Santi wrote:Never seen a team look more shagged for a whole half

This is why I'm worried. Call me negative, but we look like a mid-table club these days.

There's no vision. Emery acts like a poor man's Jose. And, he doesn't have half the charisma.

We are a mid table team, we're certainly not top 4 that's for sure.

£0 transfer money is actually more like Hull.

We are what are owner is allowing us to be.

We can ring as many changes as you want in summer, fire Emery, we could get Pep in if you like, but I'd love to see what Pep can do on a loan budget only?

We finished 6th last season, has anything happened, any major buys etc to make you think we were going to be better?

We can't even keep our Head of recruitment, Gazidis is gone and left Raul in charge, the rats have jumped off the boat.

I'm actually getting sick of people expecting more, out spent, out managed, out funded, you name it............. what have we done to expect top 4 exactly?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:41 pm

But Newcastle can defend better than us. The money arguement is a non argument.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:41 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Santi wrote:Never seen a team look more shagged for a whole half

This is why I'm worried. Call me negative, but we look like a mid-table club these days.

There's no vision. Emery acts like a poor man's Jose. And, he doesn't have half the charisma.

We are a mid table team, we're certainly not top 4 that's for sure.

£0 transfer money is actually more like Hull.

We are what are owner is allowing us to be.

We can ring as many changes as you want in summer, fire Emery, we could get Pep in if you like, but I'd love to see what Pep can do on a loan budget only?

We finished 6th last season, has anything happened, any major buys etc to make you think we were going to be better?

We can't even keep our Head of recruitment, Gazidis is gone and left Raul in charge, the rats have jumped off the boat.

I'm actually getting sick of people expecting more, out spent, out managed, out funded, you name it............. what have we done to expect top 4 exactly?

It's not top-4. It's the style of play. It's the mentality. It's a lack of vision.

If this were Arteta or Vieira on the job, I'd have been more patient. Because they'd be new. But this is Emery and his career has been defined by his stubborn and weird ways. Arsenal isn't his first job. He has a track record.

It seems like a job too big for Emery. Sorry.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:41 pm

They want to stop clowning around in training and learn how to f***ing defend!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:42 pm

It’s not even the quality that bothered me most, it’s the attitude. I don’t give a flying f**k if you are 3-1 down, you keep going til the end and not even making a half chance in the second half is pathetic.

Attitude wise these players can f**k off:
Kola
AMN (not today obv but generally)
Iwobi

Sanchez would’ve ripped these guys a new arsehole
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:45 pm

this may be too big a thing for Eemery to pull off... we'll see... so far, meh....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby antfosfosant » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:47 pm

1. Defence not only disorganised but just as disappointingly (1) can’t distribute a long ball with an6 hope of it being to a red (2) have no composure under a press - several times aguero and silva managed to press 5 of our players into giving away a corner. Terrible

2. Throw-ins: we simply make no use of them either in our half or the oppositions. A defensive throw generally ends up with oppo winning a throw; an attacking throw has no movement and will be a concession of possession. Only Ozil and sometimes Laca are able to take the ball under pressure and play back to thrower (or turn into space, as Ozil did consistently in last match, albeit against shit oppo).

3. Iwobi: yes he’s stronger and more disciplined this season, but still has no footballing brain. See first goal and several instances where beats man and then plays a wayward pass.

4. Kola: offers nothing unless given freedom of the park. Which is rare.

5. Guendouzi: good game but can’t rely on him to carry us for creativity. Gives ball away too much and often misses the better pass.

6. Emery has to find a way to get Ozil into this team. Without Bellerín we have halved the attaching outlets and have nothing to supply that great front line
antfosfosant
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Phil71 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:50 pm

theHotHead wrote:But Newcastle can defend better than us. The money arguement is a non argument.

Because their manager sets out to defend in every game, and has been practicing nothing but defending in training, every minute of every day for the past three years.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Losmeister » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:56 pm

btw, i am not behind the bizarre continual freezing out of ozil, as it points to a significant dysfunction of the clubs movement to greater success,

am not his biggest fan, but he should be given chances to play and show his quality... cos these others... smh
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:00 pm

Losmeister wrote:this may be too big a thing for Eemery to pull off... we'll see... so far, meh....

It's too big a job for any manager to rescue the club from the coming decline.

We were so utterly decimated by Wenger, we're going to have to accept a more radical overhaul and a few years of floating around from 6th to 12th. We have so many bad players that a couple out and a couple in is not going to be good enough.

I actually like Torriera and Guenduzi, for example, but they are just going to fade into the background having to play with such utter dross around them. Same with any decent player who comes in.

I have not changed my mind about these players at all - we only have 4, maybe 5 players in the squad who are at the level we need and maybe only 1 at the level of a top 4 starting 11.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:03 pm

Summary of the game - outlassed in the first half, humiliated in the second half.
Terrible defending. No quality up front.
Not much else to say, other than we dodged a bullet. We only lost by two goals. Given the gulf in class, giving some protection to our goal difference is like a win.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Losmeister » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:04 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Losmeister wrote:this may be too big a thing for Eemery to pull off... we'll see... so far, meh....

It's too big a job for any manager to rescue the club from the coming decline.

We were so utterly decimated by Wenger, we're going to have to accept a more radical overhaul and a few years of floating around from 6th to 12th. We have so many bad players that a couple out and a couple in is not going to be good enough.

I actually like Torriera and Guenduzi, for example, but they are just going to fade into the background having to play with such utter dross around them. Same with any decent player who comes in.

I have not changed my mind about these players at all - we only have 4, maybe 5 players in the squad who are at the level we need and maybe only 1 at the level of a top 4 starting 11.

in the last 3 yrs i was defo in the camp that called for a change... and yet, i knew it werent gon be easy... as you said..we dont have the players...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:06 pm

:goal1:
Losmeister wrote:btw, i am not behind the bizarre continual freezing out of ozil, as it points to a significant dysfunction of the clubs movement to greater success,

am not his biggest fan, but he should be given chances to play and show his quality... cos these others... smh

Big fan of ozil, can see why iwobi started today, was the right choice despite his f**k ups.

What was completely wrong was that Ozil was not the first sub for iwobi or Kola between 45-55 mins. Terrible decision.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:08 pm

Santi wrote::goal1:
Losmeister wrote:btw, i am not behind the bizarre continual freezing out of ozil, as it points to a significant dysfunction of the clubs movement to greater success,

Big fan of ozil, can see why iwobi started today, was the right choice despite his f**k ups.

What was completely wrong was that Ozil was not the first sub for iwobi or Kola between 45-55 mins. Terrible decision.

Agree 100%

Before the game I was defending the team selection. At half time it was clearly the wrong decision, so changes should have been made.

Either Ozil or Ramsey, but it needed to happen while we were still in the game
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19