16/12/18 | Southampton 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 16/12/18 | Southampton 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Sims wrote:Cos the line up was shit

I’m backing Emery but to ignore the line up and blame the players is bizarre

He's been getting away with it up till now, today he didn't, as long as he adjusts then there won't be a problem.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Is Ozil 100% fit then? I keep seeing people calling for him to start, so they must have better information than me.

We have 2 fit strikers at the club, should we start them both every single game?
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Interest: waning » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:46 pm

We play dire football and Emery cannot settle on a good lineup.

This will take several windows to get it right. Are we even going to spend?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Interest: waning wrote:We play dire football and Emery cannot settle on a good lineup.

This will take several windows to get it right. Are we even going to spend?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We’ve hardly got any money
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Losmeister » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:52 pm

just saw a brief highlight package... frggn leno.

also.. all three gaols they scored.. seriously...an inch over the defender or GK... all three crosses. i think thats rare that a team would score THREE like that.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Re: 16/12/18 | Southampton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Sims wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
indy23 wrote:Xhaka at cb was going to end in hellfire. Derby game and potentially lost bellerin too. Stupid

He’s been better than Kos.

Kos has always been a liability.
He got a following amonsgt some WKB's but throughout his entire career at Arsenal he's made regular and stupid errors that have cost us games and even trophies.
He got injured and is coming back, so people get upset when they have to hear the truth that he's just not very good.

You are an absolute mongo

You’ve posted non stop drivel for years

Nah, the absolute drivel for years was from the Wenger fanboys. I, amongst others, recognised years ago he was taking the club nowhere. i.e. I was correct, but still had to put up with insults from WKB types. Shame they don;t have the guts to admit they were wrong. Instead they just carry on the delusion of thinking players like Kos are actually good. One delusion to the next it seems.

I don't mind, though. Just happy to at least see the club coming back, but will be much happier when every player Wenger signed has left. THEN we'll be really back on track.

Emery is doing a good job, but it will take 5 years to fix the mess he inherited. I have no expectations beyond 5th/6th and possible cups in the next 5 years, but at the same time am not going to pretend the dross players we've watched for the last 5-10 years are now somehow good.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby #ST » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:03 pm

I absolutely adore Emery and the Boss is one of my favorites new era players but he was obviously not ready for the game. In my opinion he was defending terribly but then again our entire defence was retarded.

He should've gone for Bellerin Kos Monreal AMN (assuming somethings wrong with Kolasinac) from the get go and not have Xhaka anywhere near the back 4.

When your back line is weak your entire play suffers.

I totally knew this would happen but I'm still disgusted with the way it did... f***ing hell. They haven't won at home in 8 months, we haven't lost any game for 4..and then this happens. Sigh.

Hopefully we bounce back against Spurs!
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Bornagain » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Disgrace
Bornagain
Patrick Vieira

Postby BouncySean » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Just sat in McDonald's in Southampton waiting for train as I was at the game.

I'm f***ing drenched like a rat.

Kos was awful today (understandably after amount of time out). I've often defended Ozil and even have him on the back of my shirt but his attitude when he came on today was shit and his play was also shit.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cannoner » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Let's all calm down a bit. This is still Wenger's squad and he left us in a right state. The media and whole country predicted us to nosedive after Wenger left and we've proved them all wrong by going 22 unbeaten. So ignore their doom and gloom headlines cause they've been made to look like mugs.

Firstly, Unai is still getting to know his team and players. He hasn't settled on a formation yet because he doesn't know what his best formation is, and that's completely fine, because that takes time. I see some saying drop X and drop Y and Z too, but no manager comes in and rips the squad apart; he usually gives existing players a chance to prove themselves so that's why he's persisting with Iwobi, Xhaka etc. But be in no doubt that if they don't step up by the end of the season he'll be shaping the squad into his own. Imagine he dropped Iwobi now for Saka, that would ultimately end Iwobi's career at Arsenal- the kid is young and still has room to grow so he's rightly giving him a chance. He has it seems, however, made his mind up on Ozil; it appears he doesn't fancy him so it wouldn't surprise me if he's moved on soon.

Secondly, in terms of today, we had 3 of our most consistent defenders out. We had a makeshift defence against a rejuvenated Soton. Look on the bright side, if we keep winning maybe it would brush issues under the carpet and we all know the squad needs surgery. So it's a blessing in disguise because I can't see Unai persisting with someone like Ozil after that performance. He bought on Ozil ahead of Ramsey and he's probably realised that was a mistake, so he won't be making that again. Once again, he's learning.

Finally, the fact you're all so pissed off is a sign of improvement itself. For the past few years we would have accepted the loss under Wenger but now we're annoyed, pissed off and angry- does that not show the change in mentality and mindset at the club? I am loving what Unai is doing and we knew the first season or two was going to be a rollercoaster. When Klopp and Jose took over their clubs they were getting beat left, right and centre up and down the country, and were ridiculed every week on social media. We're not. We've just gone 22 unbeaten. And that's down to Unai.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cannoner » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:25 pm

BouncySean wrote:Just sat in McDonald's in Southampton waiting for train as I was at the game.

Kos was awful today (understandably after amount of time out). I've often defended Ozil and even have him on the back of my shirt but his attitude when he came on today was shit and his play was also shit.

What was the atmosphere in the away end like? Much better than last season I take it?
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby BouncySean » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:43 pm

Cannoner wrote:
BouncySean wrote:Just sat in McDonald's in Southampton waiting for train as I was at the game.

What was the atmosphere in the away end like? Much better than last season I take it?

Atmosphere in away end was buzzing died when they got there 3rd a bit but even then was still pretty strong.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Re: 16/12/18 | Southampton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Nuggets » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:37 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Sims wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
indy23 wrote:Xhaka at cb was going to end in hellfire. Derby game and potentially lost bellerin too. Stupid

He’s been better than Kos.

Kos has always been a liability.
He got a following amonsgt some WKB's but throughout his entire career at Arsenal he's made regular and stupid errors that have cost us games and even trophies.
He got injured and is coming back, so people get upset when they have to hear the truth that he's just not very good.

You are an absolute mongo

You’ve posted non stop drivel for years

Nah, the absolute drivel for years was from the Wenger fanboys. I, amongst others, recognised years ago he was taking the club nowhere. i.e. I was correct, but still had to put up with insults from WKB types. Shame they don;t have the guts to admit they were wrong. Instead they just carry on the delusion of thinking players like Kos are actually good. One delusion to the next it seems.

I don't mind, though. Just happy to at least see the club coming back, but will be much happier when every player Wenger signed has left. THEN we'll be really back on track.

Emery is doing a good job, but it will take 5 years to fix the mess he inherited. I have no expectations beyond 5th/6th and possible cups in the next 5 years, but at the same time am not going to pretend the dross players we've watched for the last 5-10 years are now somehow good.

:clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:39 pm

Cannoner wrote:Let's all calm down a bit. This is still Wenger's squad and he left us in a right state. The media and whole country predicted us to nosedive after Wenger left and we've proved them all wrong by going 22 unbeaten. So ignore their doom and gloom headlines cause they've been made to look like mugs.

Firstly, Unai is still getting to know his team and players. He hasn't settled on a formation yet because he doesn't know what his best formation is, and that's completely fine, because that takes time. I see some saying drop X and drop Y and Z too, but no manager comes in and rips the squad apart; he usually gives existing players a chance to prove themselves so that's why he's persisting with Iwobi, Xhaka etc. But be in no doubt that if they don't step up by the end of the season he'll be shaping the squad into his own. Imagine he dropped Iwobi now for Saka, that would ultimately end Iwobi's career at Arsenal- the kid is young and still has room to grow so he's rightly giving him a chance. He has it seems, however, made his mind up on Ozil; it appears he doesn't fancy him so it wouldn't surprise me if he's moved on soon.

Secondly, in terms of today, we had 3 of our most consistent defenders out. We had a makeshift defence against a rejuvenated Soton. Look on the bright side, if we keep winning maybe it would brush issues under the carpet and we all know the squad needs surgery. So it's a blessing in disguise because I can't see Unai persisting with someone like Ozil after that performance. He bought on Ozil ahead of Ramsey and he's probably realised that was a mistake, so he won't be making that again. Once again, he's learning.

Finally, the fact you're all so pissed off is a sign of improvement itself. For the past few years we would have accepted the loss under Wenger but now we're annoyed, pissed off and angry- does that not show the change in mentality and mindset at the club? I am loving what Unai is doing and we knew the first season or two was going to be a rollercoaster. When Klopp and Jose took over their clubs they were getting beat left, right and centre up and down the country, and were ridiculed every week on social media. We're not. We've just gone 22 unbeaten. And that's down to Unai.

Good post. :clap:
Nuggets

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Its not going to take 5 bloody years lol.

Emery has everything in place bar some more players he needs to suit what he's trying to do, that will be done within 2 seasons.

He did inherit some bad but he inherited some good as well, Laca and Auba are a great striker pairing to build a team around, we just need our players back from defence and we do need to sort out the midfield / Wingers.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19