12/08/18 | Arsenal 0-2 Man City | Premier League

Re: 12/08/18 | Arsenal v Man City | Premier League

Postby Yago » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:30 pm

we can still sell players right? sell xhaka

and bellerin wasn't good but he wasn't as awful as in our pre-season games, it's not like we have any option there anyway with his backup forced to lb because our 3 lbs are injured. unless we play danny fkin welbeck at lb ofc
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Pudpop » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Zenith wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Santi wrote:City squad has been together for a full season or two and used to how their manager plays and tbh we came off alright I thought, dunno why all the emos are out in full force slitting their wrists already

Lol bang on.
Yeah agree 100%. Biggest difference today wasn't ability or system imo, it was polish.

We looked like a team who had been training together for 6 weeks, City looked like a team who have played together for 3 years.

Shocking, that, since it's exactly the case.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Santi wrote:City squad has been together for a full season or two and used to how their manager plays and tbh we came off alright I thought, dunno why all the emos are out in full force slitting their wrists already

Lol bang on.
Yeah agree 100%. Biggest difference today wasn't ability or system imo, it was polish.

We looked like a team who had been training together for 6 weeks, City looked like a team who have played together for 3 years.

I genuinely don't know why people are that upset tbh. If this was west ham I'd understand but it's not. We've faced an extremely well drilled billion pound team with loads of debutante, a new manager and footballing philosophy. What were people expecting?

A massive rout? A scrappy 1-0 full of organisation?

Relax boys, one of the hardest games are now out of the way and we didn't embarrass ourselves.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby island_gunner » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Some of the posts on here puzzle me but I refuse to get pissed off cuz as fans we can all be irrational at times
Plus arguing n being Keyboard Warriors with someone you don't even know is a tad silly imo

However, this dude is actually employed to write proper content. I have seen many on this forum cursing him but he really does sound like an ass with this.

island_gunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Zedie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:44 pm

What, John cross? He's a wum whose too busy click baiting to actually provide some proper journalism.

Proper d***head.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Zedie wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Lol bang on.

I genuinely don't know why people are that upset tbh. If this was west ham I'd understand but it's not. We've faced an extremely well drilled billion pound team with loads of debutante, a new manager and footballing philosophy. What were people expecting?

A massive rout? A scrappy 1-0 full of organisation?

Relax boys, one of the hardest games are now out of the way and we didn't embarrass ourselves.

I mean, Emery was upset too. We shouldn't overreact, but why can't we be upset we got outclassed again?
Yago

Postby NJ_Gunner » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:45 pm

The defense was not the problem. It was our efficiency in the final third.
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Jedi » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:45 pm

First competitive game for Emery vs the arguably GOAT PL team alongside the Invincibles so would be very harsh to criticize him. Needs more time to figure out what his 1st eleven is and train them to play the way he wants them to play.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Was much less humiliating that those back-to-back 3-0's in February anyway, there's being upset and being dramatic after 1 game. Just seems a bit over the top but of course nobody wants to lose ever.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby sneer » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:46 pm

akindele1082 wrote:
sneer wrote:===================================Cech

======================Mustafi==============Sokratis=================

=======Bellerin=====================================Lichtsteiner==

=================================Elneny/ Xhaka

=======================Torreira

===Aubameyang=====================================Ozil==

=========================Ramsey

===================================Lacazette

This is your strongest line up until Koscielny returns honestly.

No lineup with Xhaka is a good lineup

Absolutely agree, but the question is . . . who else will you play? Had the chance to get Nzonzi, didn't!
sneer
Michael Thomas

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Also, Ederson very lucky not to have 2 Bravo moments on repeat for the next week.

Should've punished them.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby BouncySean » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Just on my way back from the game and I'm most disappointed in the fans... The block I was in was so quiet I thought I was with zombies this is a new era how aren't people excited
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby abou dabby » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:59 pm

I also thought citys main advantage was they know each other and their style better.
having said that, toreira is healthy, right? and lol he didn't start? crazy
I was surprised to see close ups of aaron and ozil like, they were actually playing?
cech nutball almost own goal around 22' was one of the worst things ever by any keeper, but he recovered and played well since then. not insane to play him, but hopefully it'll be a case of rotating keepers not full on cech in all important games
city do attrition so so well, opponents don't have
enough time to think or play their game. thus asnl lacked creativity, clear pattern in last 3rd which made pierre look a bit useless. ozil showed good awareness towards the end sbut wasted his own made chances from intercepting the ball twice. overall not a great game but in positoves, I'd say I like that stephan can still move forward decently, hopefully coach will give him some time on the right. sokratis was nice. niles is a really good passer and will be better in mf instead of the somewhat scared douzi. right wing could use a loaned dembele, but overall things will surely improve and top4 is defo reachable
abou dabby
Liam Brady

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:01 pm

BouncySean wrote:Just on my way back from the game and I'm most disappointed in the fans... The block I was in was so quiet I thought I was with zombies this is a new era how aren't people excited

The Arsenal home fans are terrible. Have been for some time.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby BouncySean » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:08 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
BouncySean wrote:Just on my way back from the game and I'm most disappointed in the fans... The block I was in was so quiet I thought I was with zombies this is a new era how aren't people excited

The Arsenal home fans are terrible. Have been for some time.

Agree completely but I thought a change in manager would have changed that.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19