10/02/18 | Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 10/02/18 | Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby Tubbs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Can anybody tell me how Ramsey scores a Hatrick then he’s injured for todays game?
Our training must be like special forces training with the injuries our players get
Tubbs
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Dejan wrote:
Zedie wrote:Lacazette hasnt scored in 13 games now. 2 off girouds magic number that some of you slaughter him for 4 years after the fact.

Hes not been good enough.
^

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Laca looks finished here. The comparison to Giroud isn't really valid though as Giroud's dry spell happened when he had been our undisputed starting CF for 3.5 years. He also gets shit for that because we had our beat chance in a decade to win the title that year.

With PEA here now I can see Laca being sold in the summer.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Mess » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:20 pm

sneer wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:Not sure how much you can expect out of a Xhaka Elneny midfield.

That is a mid tier midfield.

4 years now and we still have not fixed our midfield.

Not surprising considering it took us half a decade to sort out of striker situation.

Midfield biggest need area for awhile now.

Be specific when you say midfield, because honestly you guys have one of the best midfield in Europe.
Your sole problem happens to be the holding position. Arsenal has played for years now without a true DM.
Xhaka is a terrible footballer and even more of a terrible DM.
Wenger should have gotten Nzonzi or Luiz during the window, but being Wenger he did what I expected.

I'd really like you to elaborate on our "best midfield in Europe" please. I just don't get how you come to that conclusion.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby CaptGooner » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:10 pm

sneer wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:Not sure how much you can expect out of a Xhaka Elneny midfield.

That is a mid tier midfield.

4 years now and we still have not fixed our midfield.

Not surprising considering it took us half a decade to sort out of striker situation.

Midfield biggest need area for awhile now.

Be specific when you say midfield, because honestly you guys have one of the best midfield in Europe.
Your sole problem happens to be the holding position. Arsenal has played for years now without a true DM.
Xhaka is a terrible footballer and even more of a terrible DM.
Wenger should have gotten Nzonzi or Luiz during the window, but being Wenger he did what I expected.

Let me clarify, our CM’s our are biggest need area.

We desperately need more athleticism, and it is more than just replacing Xhaka.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:12 pm

I just watched the goal from Kane again, Cech was like a rabbit stuck in the car headlights lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby KG3 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Giroud > Lacazette

Not at all impressed by Laca so far.

This
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby indy23 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:10 pm

aniym wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Zedie wrote:Lacazette hasnt scored in 13 games now. 2 off girouds magic number that some of you slaughter him for 4 years after the fact.

Hes not been good enough.
^

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Laca looks finished here. The comparison to Giroud isn't really valid though as Giroud's dry spell happened when he had been our undisputed starting CF for 3.5 years. He also gets shit for that because we had our beat chance in a decade to win the title that year.

With PEA here now I can see Laca being sold in the summer.

Which would be stupid because we didn't even have a clear chance until both were on. Seriously should sack Wenger before giving up on lacazette.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BexleyGooner » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Not worry guys, Östersunds up next. Well stick five past em and all will be well again, rinse and repeat.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Wenger out
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby indy23 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:Wenger out

X10000
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:08 pm

indy23 wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:Wenger out

X10000

been so long that I have wanted him out I cant even remember the year

take what is left of his staff with him, thing I hate most of AW is how he tarnished my respect of both Pat Rice and Steve Bould
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:53 pm

Thought we was okay first half. A little more conviction in the final third and the right decision from the linesman and we could of gone in 2 up.

I don't remember Spurs causing an awful lot apart from that Kane header.

The second half was a complete mess from start to finish. Lucky to not be 5 or 6 down by the end. They were just the better side.

It's sad because you could see it coming really which is why it doesn't hurt that much.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:03 am

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Thought we was okay first half. A little more conviction in the final third and the right decision from the linesman and we could of gone in 2 up.

The second half was a complete mess from start to finish. Lucky to not be 5 or 6 down by the end. They were just the better side.

It's sad because you could see it coming really which is why it doesn't hurt that much.

Whilst the first half was more even we didn't manage a single shot on target .... so 2-0 up seems a stretch .... Poch just tactically outplayed Wonger, just as he did at Anfield last week he had Spurs pressing in their own half for 45 minutes, playing with the CB's twenty yards deeper than normal thus leaving us to play hopeful long balls .... in the second half he pushed the CB's forward started pressing us in our own final third .... and they crushed us, the back four lost all idea and the midfield three couldn't string two passes together ....

It was only thanks to Spuds poor finishing that this wasn't a 3/4 - 0 hammering ....

Wonger is just out of his depth in the modern game .... top teams are based around a solid defensive midfield centre .... we've got feckin' Xhaka and Elneny yet we're surprised when a side that cost 200m less than ours plays us off the park .... piss poor management ...

On a side note .... Mkhi had a terrible time at Utd playing in a midfield that struggled to defend .... we are even worse at defending from the front, so how the feck did anyone expect him to add to our team .... Miki - Ozil - Aube .... almost zero defensive contribution .... Kane, Dele, Eriksen each made more tackles, had more interceptions, and made more blocks than our front three combined .... that right there was the difference ....

As for the midfield - Dembele 59 passes 97% success - Wilshere 33 passes 82% success ..... entirely different class .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:49 am

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Thought we was okay first half. A little more conviction in the final third and the right decision from the linesman and we could of gone in 2 up.

first ha
lf was a classic small team vs big team where the small team did much better than expected, but had zero shots on target. As soon as second started we couldnt keep them at bay and as soon as they scored we had to come out and play and the difference in class was obvious. Why are people denying this? A 5-0 would be justfied and the funny thing is this game ending 1-0 and 5-0 makes people think the team is different when it was luck that prevented that score
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:57 am

gooney wrote:

first ha
lf was a classic small team vs big team where the small team did much better than expected, but had zero shots on target. As soon as second started we couldnt keep them at bay and as soon as they scored we had to come out and play and the difference in class was obvious. Why are people denying this? A 5-0 would be justfied and the funny thing is this game ending 1-0 and 5-0 makes people think the team is different when it was luck that prevented that score

:clap:
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18