10/02/18 | Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 10/02/18 | Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 am

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
gooney wrote:We will lose no matter what formation. But it will be interesting to see if wenger choose whats best for the team or loyalty to iwobi. Same 11 as everton will get absolutely battered. My team would be

Ospie

Bells. Musti. Kos. Money
Chav Slowmotion. Boring
Mickey. Auba. Ozil

Ramsey and ozil hastodefend with rheir lives. We play open football with our defense. Kane alone can get 5

Mate, if Kane get 5, hell, I'll be generous, if Kane gets 4 goals, I will wire you 2000 pounds

Kane got 1.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Re: 10/02/18 | Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby billie86 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:59 am

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:
gooney wrote:We will lose no matter what formation. But it will be interesting to see if wenger choose whats best for the team or loyalty to iwobi. Same 11 as everton will get absolutely battered. My team would be

Ospie

Bells. Musti. Kos. Money
Chav Slowmotion. Boring
Mickey. Auba. Ozil

Ramsey and ozil hastodefend with rheir lives. We play open football with our defense. Kane alone can get 5

Mate, if Kane get 5, hell, I'll be generous, if Kane gets 4 goals, I will wire you 2000 pounds

Kane got 1.

You got quite lucky with this to be honest, if he had his shooting boots on today he could have had at least 4, in fairness to gooney he said Kane "could" get four or 5 goals and in reality he had the chances to do this, not just half chances either.
On another note can anyone explain how we can have ozil, mkhitaryan and wilshere on the pitch (arguably 3 of the most creative players in the league) playing behind one of the quickest and most lethal strikers in the world and not even manage to have a shot at goal?
The only other thing that baffles me is how we did not buy some defensive players in January when we can all see we needed them, our defence is atrocious, if we don't get a proper DM and some top class defenders in the summer we will have another season of the same. Always the same issue with us, we are always a couple of players short....oh and a decent manager
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: 10/02/18 | Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:28 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Thought we was okay first half. A little more conviction in the final third and the right decision from the linesman and we could of gone in 2 up.

I don't remember Spurs causing an awful lot apart from that Kane header.

The second half was a complete mess from start to finish. Lucky to not be 5 or 6 down by the end. They were just the better side.

It's sad because you could see it coming really which is why it doesn't hurt that much.

Whilst the first half was more even we didn't manage a single shot on target .... so 2-0 up seems a stretch

On a side note .... Mkhi had a terrible time at Utd playing in a midfield that struggled to defend .... we are even worse at defending from the front, so how the feck did anyone expect him to add to our team .... Miki - Ozil - Aube .... almost zero defensive contribution .... Kane, Dele, Eriksen each made more tackles, had more interceptions, and made more blocks than our front three combined .... that right there was the difference ....

The 2 points in bold are EXACTLY what I was saying yesterday. Firstly we didn't do shit offensively in that first half apart from the incorrect Auba offside decision. although we did lots of last ditch tackles Spurs cut through us almost at will and got into our third and our box. They didn't get any shots on target but that was also bad decision making in some cases on their part. for people including pundits to say we defended well in the first half is nonsense. Defending well means they would not have cut through us so easily AND made those last ditch tackles.

The second point is the reason why I wanted Welbeck to start because there was zero defensive contribution. People get their knickers in a twist about this and talk shit about "strikers are supposed to score goals and are judged on that". Yes, but not solely, that is the reason why the likes of Welbeck even have a career as a footballer !! there are many strikers who, without their industrious running would never be considered because they don't score a lot of goals, but there is a bigger picture which is the defensive contribution.

Laugh all you want, but when we don't have it we get spanked - and it starts from the front.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:49 pm

theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Thought we was okay first half. A little more conviction in the final third and the right decision from the linesman and we could of gone in 2 up.

I don't remember Spurs causing an awful lot apart from that Kane header.

The second half was a complete mess from start to finish. Lucky to not be 5 or 6 down by the end. They were just the better side.

It's sad because you could see it coming really which is why it doesn't hurt that much.

Whilst the first half was more even we didn't manage a single shot on target .... so 2-0 up seems a stretch

On a side note .... Mkhi had a terrible time at Utd playing in a midfield that struggled to defend .... we are even worse at defending from the front, so how the feck did anyone expect him to add to our team .... Miki - Ozil - Aube .... almost zero defensive contribution .... Kane, Dele, Eriksen each made more tackles, had more interceptions, and made more blocks than our front three combined .... that right there was the difference ....

The second point is the reason why I wanted Welbeck to start because there was zero defensive contribution

Lol. Probably time you stopped watching football and started following another sport now.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Interest: waning » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:33 pm

WENGER F.UCKING OUT. NOW.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Newman123 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Why is it that whenever Arsenal can break quickly they want to slow it down? Is this why we sold Walcott because he'd normally try to be direct ? Ever since he's left he's been amazing at Everton, hugely influencing the game. It's amazing how a simple diagonal ball to him or in behind can be so effective. Why didn't we utilise him like that?

People used to lament his passing, crossing, dribbling, decision making etc but it's like he's a completely different player. His passing is superb, his crossing is actually decent and he was gliding past players the other day. Fans always wanted to jump on his back and I think that effected how he would try to play (safe). He would have made more difference than Mkhi/Welbeck/Iwobi. You cant have a team full of midfielders or players who are good at defending from the front. Reckon Walcott could have still made an impact for us in these types of games.
Newman123
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby indy23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Our problem yesterday was that their 7 players in defense and mid are better than ours. We couldn't transtion the ball from attack to defense at all because we have 2 cms doing who are doing one job each .... Minute they have to tackle and pass in succession they suck ass
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:22 pm

indy23 wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:Now the EPL is over, time to go all out for Europa :arse fan: :arse fan:

Isn't Dortmund in the tournament. Just have to press our cms and wing back and they will win.

Dortmund lost 3-1 at Spurs
We have played Dortmund 4 times in the champions league
Had they been two legged ties we would have won 2 of them
Drawn one of them and lost one
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:30 pm

Zedie wrote:Lacazette hasnt scored in 13 games now. 2 off girouds magic number that some of you slaughter him for 4 years after the fact.

Hes not been good enough.

He scored the 4 th against crystal palace 4 games ago
starmandb

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Dear god Zedie
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:43 pm

indy23 wrote:For f**k sakes we got played of the pitch. Wenger has turned half our fan base into people expecting bail outs. Sorry no BS injury time save from Alexis giroud rvp. We deserved the loss. Would have been down right criminal to Knick a point.

A crime well worth commiting
If you score more than the other team you deserve to win regardless to how the rest of the game goes
For reference
Look how many chances we gave up to Clive Allen in the 1987 league cup semi final v Spurs
1987 league cup winners arsenal
Also see Parma 1994 cup winners cup final winners arsenal
2005 fa cup final v man Utd
Winners arsenal
Put these and I'm sure many others on my charge sheet
It's all about winning
Deserve?
So what
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:46 pm

jayramfootball wrote:No surprise with the result - away from home against the big clubs we have no chance. We can't even pick up points against the smaller clubs away from home. I am not sure there would be any game in the league away from home where we wouldn't be be massive underdogs.

As for Lacazette, proved once again why no big club ever signed him.

Brighton 7/2 arsenal 8/11
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:47 pm

Özilfan wrote:
Mess wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Mess wrote:I think everyone understand that the whole team played badly (aside from Cech). That being said, if you don't acknowledge that Lacazette let Arsenal down today, you're just trying to defend him for no reasons. He cost us points today, that's a fact. No agenda here, that's what happened.

The whole team cost us points today, how did Laca alone cost us points ? Did the defence deal with Kane ? No. Did the midfield help the defence ? No.

It's not like i'm saying that the whole team didn't play a part in this defeat/loss of points. But Lacazette CLEARLY missed his chances to score and make it 1-1 so yes, he did cost us points today. Again, he's not the sole responsible for today's loss, do I have to say it again? YES, the whole team played badly but Lacazette is expected to score with the quality of chances he got today. And he failed...and cost us points. The midfield didn't miss those chances, the defence didn't miss those chances, Cech didn't miss those chances: Lacazette did.

Strikers miss chances, it's what they do. Even the best only put away 50% of those chances that fans like you say they "should" be "burying". You can't blame a sub for a loss. It's just not a reasonable expectation of any human. We win as a team. We lose as a team. We don't start scapegoating subs.

Here's the one of the best players ever:

Name a great forward and I guarantee they've missed an open net at some point. Shearer. Pele. Messi. Ronaldo9. Maradona. They've all missed absolute sitters.

Hear hear
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:50 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:No surprise with the result - away from home against the big clubs we have no chance. We can't even pick up points against the smaller clubs away from home. I am not sure there would be any game in the league away from home where we wouldn't be be massive underdogs.

Sorry to be pedantic Jay .. but WE signed him :arse fan:

I'll get my coat .......

Yeah, we did, but it's a long time since we were a big club, unfortunately. City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs are the big clubs in the PL, we're top of the second tier. Away from home though, I'd say we were the worst team in the league.

We are a massive club always will be
We have the wrong man managing the team
starmandb

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 am

starmandb wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Sorry to be pedantic Jay .. but WE signed him :arse fan:

I'll get my coat .......

Yeah, we did, but it's a long time since we were a big club, unfortunately. City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs are the big clubs in the PL, we're top of the second tier. Away from home though, I'd say we were the worst team in the league.

We are a massive club always will be
We have the wrong man managing the team

So said Leeds and Notts Forest ..... and back in the day many more .... times have changed and our financial strength should ensure top six football .... but remember Liverpool spent two decades playing catch up, and you can't say they were not a 'massive' club .....

Drop the ball for a decade (as Wonger has) and picking it back up may prove a hell of a job whoever the new manager is ..... the longer the rot is allowed to fester the harder the task becomes .... Mus, Xhaka, Lacca, Aube that's 200m a new manager might well have spent better, not to mention 'losing' 50m on Alexis .... we will never know but we can't let the old fool keep putting out teams and performances like we saw in the NLD ... the NLD for fecks sake .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18