10/02/18 | Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 10/02/18 | Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby starmandb » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 am

EliteKiller wrote:
starmandb wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:No surprise with the result - away from home against the big clubs we have no chance. We can't even pick up points against the smaller clubs away from home. I am not sure there would be any game in the league away from home where we wouldn't be be massive underdogs.

As for Lacazette, proved once again why no big club ever signed him.

Sorry to be pedantic Jay .. but WE signed him :arse fan:

I'll get my coat .......

Yeah, we did, but it's a long time since we were a big club, unfortunately. City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs are the big clubs in the PL, we're top of the second tier. Away from home though, I'd say we were the worst team in the league.

There is no comparison with arsenal and Leeds and Nottingham forest
Both these clubs had moments in the sun under good managers who had fashioned a unit
Revie at Leeds
Clough at Nottingham forest
We are a massive club always will be
We have the wrong man managing the team

So said Leeds and Notts Forest ..... and back in the day many more .... times have changed and our financial strength should ensure top six football .... but remember Liverpool spent two decades playing catch up, and you can't say they were not a 'massive' club .....

Drop the ball for a decade (as Wonger has) and picking it back up may prove a hell of a job whoever the new manager is ..... the longer the rot is allowed to fester the harder the task becomes .... Mus, Xhaka, Lacca, Aube that's 200m a new manager might well have spent better, not to mention 'losing' 50m on Alexis .... we will never know but we can't let the old fool keep putting out teams and performances like we saw in the NLD ... the NLD for fecks sake .....

We do not compare to Leeds and Nottingham forest
These were 2 clubs that had a moment in the sun thanks to 2 managers revie and Clough who put a unit together that was greater than the sum of its parts.
Arsenal have always been a massive club winning titles since the 30's
Under Herbert chapman
Joe shaw
George Allison
Tom Whitaker
Bertie me
George graham
Arsene Wenger
The game has changed
There is a lot more money in it
Good job we have loads of it then
I'm sure there will be an awful lot of bollocks spoken when Wenger goes whenever we have a poor result but I have no doubt that a good manager would get a better tune out of the players we already have.
A greater desire to sort out how we set up as a team to make us harder to score against.
And not have the baggage of having to admit that something has gone wrong and it's more important to fix it than try to be proved right doing something that is failing
It's a competitive sport
There is someone up the other end trying to beat you
All any fan can ask it to be as competive as you can
We ain't doing that under Wenger
We can do that because we are the arsenal
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:00 am

starmandb wrote:We do not compare to Leeds and Nottingham forest
These were 2 clubs that had a moment in the sun thanks to 2 managers revie and Clough who put a unit together that was greater than the sum of its parts.
Arsenal have always been a massive club winning titles since the 30's
Under Herbert chapman
Joe shaw
George Allison
Tom Whitaker
Bertie me
George graham
Arsene Wenger
The game has changed
There is a lot more money in it
Good job we have loads of it then
I'm sure there will be an awful lot of bollocks spoken when Wenger goes whenever we have a poor result but I have no doubt that a good manager would get a better tune out of the players we already have.
A greater desire to sort out how we set up as a team to make us harder to score against.
And not have the baggage of having to admit that something has gone wrong and it's more important to fix it than try to be proved right doing something that is failing
It's a competitive sport
There is someone up the other end trying to beat you
All any fan can ask it to be as competive as you can
We ain't doing that under Wenger
We can do that because we are the arsenal

Just look at whet we did from 1953 - 1971 .... two decades of well go look it up .... when 'big clubs' seriously feck up it's twenty years in the wilderness .... we are getting dangerously close to that ..... a famous history means very little

Notts Forest's 'moment in the sun' included two European Cups ..... how many have we won in 130 years? .....

You're never to big to feck up .... we should take note .....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby coach8smallball » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:13 pm

I agree that laca choked and rightfully deserves criticism, but overall the team selection and the tactics were even worse.

and I get the Giroud supporters and their thoughts on laca, but......one thing Giroud has had more of since day one is Wenger's belief in him. laca on the other hand, hasn't.

again, to me that's the difference in the approach wenger has had with each player. the comparison's and arguments for either can continue but you can't deny the difference in how wenger treated 'em.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:15 pm

coach8smallball wrote:I agree that laca choked and rightfully deserves criticism, but overall the team selection and the tactics were even worse.

and I get the Giroud supporters and their thoughts on laca, but......one thing Giroud has had more of since day one is Wenger's belief in him. laca on the other hand, hasn't.

again, to me that's the difference in the approach wenger has had with each player. the comparison's and arguments for either can continue but you can't deny the difference in how wenger treated 'em.

Only at Arsenal would some fans be w*nking over a Chelsea player rather than support their own striker even when the new guy is on set to beat Giroud's first seasons goals, already scored more so far this season and they forget the whole reason we sold him in the first place was because over 5 seasons he's not been good enough hence why he's gone.

Did they think after 5 years he was eventually about to turn into Suarez??

They probably do, as is the strength of their man crush.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how he gets on at Chelsea, so far I don't even think he's touched the ball.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:55 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:I agree that laca choked and rightfully deserves criticism, but overall the team selection and the tactics were even worse.

Only at Arsenal would some fans be w*nking over a Chelsea player rather than support their own striker even when the new guy is on set to beat Giroud's first seasons goals, already scored more so far this season and they forget the whole reason we sold him in the first place was because over 5 seasons he's not been good enough hence why he's gone.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how he gets on at Chelsea, so far I don't even think he's touched the ball.

the scorpion kick was the downfall of all giroud haters (me included)......lol. I do wish the big fella well, but he's not longer an arsenal player.

I pray laca finds his confidence, and we can eventually see LMAO together.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

One assist already
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Got an assist but shit game overall. They looked far more dangerous when morata came on and moved
Ach
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18