03/01/18 | Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea | Premier League

Re: 03/01/18 | Arsenal vs Chelsea | Premier League

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 pm

gunslinger1990 wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
gunslinger1990 wrote:Bellerin should have stayed away from that ball and that tackle. His decision was poor, so he is the one to blame, leaving the ref judgement aside. Same as against West Brom: keep your hands at your back when using the body to block. and you'll be safe.

Bingo. Brainless Arsenal players can't get the basics right.

It's fair comment you can't get done if you put hand behind the back, also everyone knows hazards is the fastest slippery c*** in the league, crazy to not be ridiculously cautious with him in the box

Fair enough, but that is exactly why defender needs to make the decision, one way or another, and his call wasn't the right one. For a fact, there is a number of defenders who would deal with the situation in which he was in a better manner, that is the point.

It's really not that difficult. Don't have your hands out in front of you when closing down a cross and don't lunge in on players like Hazard. These are not part time footballers who have no time to learn these things. These kind of basic decisions should be automatic and drilled in to players.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:47 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
gunslinger1990 wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
gunslinger1990 wrote:Bellerin should have stayed away from that ball and that tackle. His decision was poor, so he is the one to blame, leaving the ref judgement aside. Same as against West Brom: keep your hands at your back when using the body to block. and you'll be safe.

Bingo. Brainless Arsenal players can't get the basics right.

It's fair comment you can't get done if you put hand behind the back, also everyone knows hazards is the fastest slippery c*** in the league, crazy to not be ridiculously cautious with him in the box

Fair enough, but that is exactly why defender needs to make the decision, one way or another, and his call wasn't the right one. For a fact, there is a number of defenders who would deal with the situation in which he was in a better manner, that is the point.

It's really not that difficult. Don't have your hands out in front of you when closing down a cross and don't lunge in on players like Hazard. These are not part time footballers who have no time to learn these things. These kind of basic decisions should be automatic and drilled in to players.

aam sure you had all that down by your 580th post... zzzz
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gamechannel » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:48 pm

My biggest issue with Wenger is why are liabilities like bellerin, iwobi, Niles and wellback playing any minutes at all? Specially iwobi and wellback?!

You can't, with a serious face, tell me that wellback and Iwobi are better than Walcott. Cuz there's no way they are. Absolutely no chance. It's shit f***ers like these 2 putting on my beloved Arsenals shirt week in, week out that has completely turned me off from watching Arsenal games. I cringe when I see these 2 undeserving c**** pretending to be professional footballers.. I'm so mad at these shitty players that I can't help but wish long term injuries on them just so Wenger will not play them..
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 am

If thats a foul then we should all pack up and be done with football. Making contact does not mean it's a foul.

Bellerin had his eyes firmly fixed on the ball and made contact with the bottom of Hazards foot. It was Hazards theatricals that one the penalty, not the contact. If that was anywhere else on the pitch Hazard wouldn't of dived and that 'challenge' would of been waved on.

It was literally nothing.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:12 am

immsun wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Props to Wenger for calling the penalty decision a farcical decision in his post match interview

AF - it was a peno. Bellend missed the ball and got Hazards foot.

Wengers post -match interviews are embarrassing at this point. He says as many stupid things in them as Donald Trump does in his tweets.

This type of people annoy me. These are not Arsenal supporters. Don't know where they come from.

Your posts are embarrassing. Go Away from here.

It wasn't a pen and its perfectly normal to blast it out in refs in Interviews.

Get yourself checked and leave this forum asap. You clearly don't support our team no matter what. Doors that way.

Out you go.

I don't mean to carry this on but comments like yours are pretty pathetic, you sound like that Kilgaren or whatever his name is.

Whether someone thinks its a foul or not does not indicate them as a fan of Arsenal, its purely an opinion on a "technicality" or decision of how the game is played by the rules.

Only a fkin dimwit would associate someones opinion on a rule as "Your not an Arsenal fan" just because the ruling went against Arsenal.

Being an Arsenal fan doesn't mean you have to be in blind denial of what the rules of football are.

In fact it takes a better man to admit that your team got it wrong rather than blindly deny it.

Fans in denial is why Arsenal is in recession and Wenger is still in charge or at least believes what he's "achieving" is acceptable.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:20 am

........... now as for the penalty.

I'm on the fence, literally 50/50 and here's why.

Yes Bellerin makes contact by kicking his ankle in mid air but the question is ..........

If Hazard does not go down indicating it was only what it was "a tap" does the referee give that decision as a penalty?

If Hazard stays on his feet I don't believe a penalty is given and its simply judged as minimal contact, but because Hazard goes down the referee has to make an opinion based judgement call on whether he feels the contact was hard enough to bring down the player.

In this case what's happened is Hazard has gone down in what looks like simulation and the referee has had to give him the benefit of the doubt, no way that contact brings down the player ...........

But I will say this, if his leg was grounded and wasn't high in the air and that ankle contact is made again if he goes down that penalty is given.

So its a bit of a conundrum.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:25 am

Nice performance. Great goals by Hector and Jack
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:51 am

Unfortunate we couldn’t come away with the three points considering how good we were going forward. Considering our defensive display, though, a draw was probably a fair result.

Hope i’m not going to get crucified for saying this but wilshere imo was up there as one of our worst players wrt defending. Only Chambers had him beat imo. I counted on numerous occasions where wilshere was unaware of the players around him and wasn’t close enough to his marker. Cesc, for example, was able to pick out some dangerous passes because of this, which on another day could have easily led to a goal

Niles was amazing :clap: He was near perfect up until chelsea’s second goal. although the goal was not entirely his fault tbf.

xhaka to my surprise was good but still made a mistake or two that could have cost us on another day.

Holding was good too and did not look out of place at the back

finally, just wanted to say some credit needs to go to wenger if the plan was to rest ozil for this. Ozil clearly benefited from that decision. Unfortunately our defense threw whatever plan wenger had out the window.

Wrt the penalty, hazard certainly made the most of the tackle. does that constitute as a foul? I don't know but i remember vardy making the most of a tackle last season and was booked for diving. One of those tough ones because it probably wouldn’t have been given by most referees had the incident occurred outside the box or during the early stages of the game
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby elkanofan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:52 am

Got back from the game.

Great in attack, we played really well. Ozil and Jack where outstanding.

Defensively absolute shambles.

My one and only game i will go to this year and back to Canada i go next week.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:54 am

Great game to watch .... didn't expect Chelsea to be so 'open' but then I guess they didn't expect their 58m striker to miss a bag of sitters ....

This is us whilst we still have AOL ... great going forward all over the place at the back ....

Nice to see two rare scorers getting goals ... not much we can say about Lacca's finishing !!!!!!!!!
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 03/01/18 | Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea | Premier League

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:14 pm

so... any talk of chambers coming good needs to be scrapped.

holding, not showing much promise either.

glad ozil's level has stayed where he upped it. mad props, the player i was excited about getting is playing like he can. for how long? who knows?

free sanchez! a bit unlucky that thibault needed both posts...

laca... struggling but playing ok
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18