22/12/17 | Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool | Premier League

Re: 22/12/17 | Arsenal vs Liverpool | Premier League

Postby RichyJ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:19 am

realtalk wrote:We actually beat spuds and drew with the chavs by not playing wengerball. We pretty much bypassed xhaka and building from dlp. We built from wingbacks until we got to centre circle. Quarter back, dlp football never been a fan of. We drop the dlp build and we'll be fine. Xhaka or dlp won't be of value until late in the game and when the pressing stops.

Its pretty much kick and rush football from city and pool. The Invincibles would walk this league in their sleep on pure athletism alone. Their skills is just overkill then. Withe the defence 4/5 nills every game . Most of the goals city and pool score all speed release.

Senile wenger mashing up 2,3 styles and its a mess. Don't build from Xhaka and we win. f***ing sucks we ain't Got big g for plan b. Think he would of got a header of these mugs.

I really hope other fans don’t read these pages, because as a fan base we embarrass ourselves. City? Kick and rush? They are playing football off this planet. Yes. With pace ‘rush’ and goals ‘kick’. Liverpool too play incisive, rapid, one touch football.

Liverpool press to the channels and then overload with their cm and full back joining Firmino and the wide player. This leaves the full back trying to come back inside and being outnumbered or going long and it’s a 50:50 to retain possession. If you can keep the ball, they are in trouble because tactically their game is all about over committing in confined spaces, but not many teams can. Tactically, our best bet was Giroud and by-passing their press all-together.

I see this game as a straight shoot out between our forwards and theirs. An area of the field we are evenly matched. Heart says we can get something, head has been too involved in looking at their away record to have much confidence.
RichyJ
Liam Brady

Postby longBalls » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:53 am

RichyJ wrote:
realtalk wrote:We actually beat spuds and drew with the chavs by not playing wengerball. We pretty much bypassed xhaka and building from dlp. We built from wingbacks until we got to centre circle. Quarter back, dlp football never been a fan of. We drop the dlp build and we'll be fine. Xhaka or dlp won't be of value until late in the game and when the pressing stops.

Its pretty much kick and rush football from city and pool. The Invincibles would walk this league in their sleep on pure athletism alone. Their skills is just overkill then. Withe the defence 4/5 nills every game . Most of the goals city and pool score all speed release.

Senile wenger mashing up 2,3 styles and its a mess. Don't build from Xhaka and we win. f***ing sucks we ain't Got big g for plan b. Think he would of got a header of these mugs.

I really hope other fans don’t read these pages, because as a fan base we embarrass ourselves. City? Kick and rush? They are playing football off this planet. Yes. With pace ‘rush’ and goals ‘kick’.

Anotha lad who is wanking over City. Seriously
fak dis oil club and if you wanna go down with city f**k you too
Someday mate, I don't know when
were gonna get to that first place
where we really want to go and well walk at highbury in the sun ,

but till then gooners like us , maybe we were born to run
come on now maybe we were born to run

gooners like us,
maybe we were born to run
longBalls
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby #ST » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Noticing they play the best football in England atm is not wanking over City.

I do however get disgusted by the people who, even if it may be jokingly, are rooting for City to win anything (like wanting them to win the treble..)

If you are a Gooner, you want Arsenal to win every competition we are in. If you are from England, you get a free pass for rooting for the team that represents your country in international tournaments.

But that's just my 2 cents.

About this game, let's be realistic. Looking at the lineup we put out on Tuesday, we can pretty much predict what Wenger will go with: Cech; Bellerin, Koscielny, Monreal, AMN; Xhaka, Wilshere; Alexis, Özil, Iwobi; Lacazette.

I'd bet any amount I got atleast 9 out of 11 right with that lineup.

I hate wishing injury on our own players but with Xhaka in the middle of the pitch I have zero hopes of controlling the game. Dude always panics when he is put under pressure and putting teams on pressure is what Liverpool do best.. So yeah, I'm not very hopeful.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @14-04-'24 = 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Next game @4-05-'24 = VS Bournemouth [ No ticket yet ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby gooney » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Burnturrek wrote:Noticing they play the best football in England atm is not wanking over City.

I do however get disgusted by the people who, even if it may be jokingly, are rooting for City to win anything (like wanting them to win the treble..)

If you are a Gooner, you want Arsenal to win every competition we are in. If you are from England, you get a free pass for rooting for the team that represents your country in international tournaments.

About this game, let's be realistic. Looking at the lineup we put out on Tuesday, we can pretty much predict what Wenger will go with: Cech; Bellerin, Koscielny, Monreal, AMN; Xhaka, Wilshere; Alexis, Özil, Iwobi; Lacazette.

I hate wishing injury on our own players but with Xhaka in the middle of the pitch I have zero hopes of controlling the game. Dude always panics when he is put under pressure and putting teams on pressure is what Liverpool do best.. So yeah, I'm not very hopeful.

I always laugh at people like you. Like being super delusional is sign of being a good fan. Not even half the season is played and we are after City 19 points. We are closer to relegation than City. So its either city or maybe united winning the league and most of us want City to win. They play beautiful football and have a great manager and players. We are not their rivals ffs. Even few years ago our best players were leaving us for them, now again we agreed to sell our best player to them and onlsy our incompetence stopped the deal happening as we couldnt get a replacement. Fvck arsenal.....they are a joke of a club. You think a Newcastle fan or west ham fan saying he wants city to win the league would get a reaction from his fellow fans and be told he should want his team to win it? GET REAL
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:28 pm

gooney wrote:
Burnturrek wrote:Noticing they play the best football in England atm is not wanking over City.

I always laugh at people like you. Like being super delusional is sign of being a good fan. Not even half the season is played and we are after City 19 points. We are closer to relegation than City. So its either city or maybe united winning the league and most of us want City to win. They play beautiful football and have a great manager and players. We are not their rivals ffs. Even few years ago our best players were leaving us for them, now again we agreed to sell our best player to them and onlsy our incompetence stopped the deal happening as we couldnt get a replacement. Fvck arsenal.....they are a joke of a club. You think a Newcastle fan or west ham fan saying he wants city to win the league would get a reaction from his fellow fans and be told he should want his team to win it? GET REAL
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ESR10 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:22 pm

"I haven’t decided yet," said Wenger when asked what formation he would go with."It will be down to me to make the decision.

"Do we play with a four, a three or a five. I need some more time to think about that.

"I believe that Liverpool are very good going forward so you need a good defensive performance. I think also you have to guess a bit who will play (for Liverpool).

Mustafi is back for this game and I think Wenger is going back to three in the back. Our lineup probably:

Cech
Koscielny - Mustafi - Monreal
Bellerin - Xhaka - Wilshere - AMN
Özil - Alexis
Laca

I would play Neny instead of Mustafi, Kola instead of Bellerin and play a 4-3-1-2 but I don't think Wenger will go for it.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Well the funny thing is we look just as good at the back with a 4 than we do with a 5.

I think having 3 CB's unless their well drilled screws them up because they don't know who is responsible for the ball when there's 3 of them.

Also we play the 3 CB's quite wide leaving the central defender isolated.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby realtalk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:41 am

RichyJ wrote:

I really hope other fans don’t read these pages, because as a fan base we embarrass ourselves. City? Kick and rush? They are playing football off this planet. Yes. With pace ‘rush’ and goals ‘kick’. Liverpool too play incisive, rapid, one touch football.

Liverpool press to the channels and then overload with their cm and full back joining Firmino and the wide player. This leaves the full back trying to come back inside and being outnumbered or going long and it’s a 50:50 to retain possession. If you can keep the ball, they are in trouble because tactically their game is all about over committing in confined spaces, but not many teams can. Tactically, our best bet was Giroud and by-passing their press all-together.

I see this game as a straight shoot out between our forwards and theirs. An area of the field we are evenly matched. Heart says we can get something, head has been too involved in looking at their away record to have much confidence.

Its all kick and rush football hard pressing , quick release to forwards upfront who are quick and can finish.
This is your mans kdb just passing the ball forward and players getting in on the end of it. Nothing extravagant most of these are on counters too.
https://youtu.be/aBw1Zi6XZ7E

No ones dicking around trying to do triangles , 4 man touching the ball before walking the ball into the net. Livershit, man sheik ,manure all just pressing, countering & passing fast to forwards. City have Silva for low down ball retention that's it. Its already embarrassing how Silva and kdb are getting away with playing in midfield no ones clamping them. Games gone soft.

Actually reminds me of Enrique's barca city's play now swap kdb and Silva for rakitic and iniesta. We play at the back with are poorly warmed up players it will be 1-0 in 10 minutes. Better of with welbz starting.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby #ST » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:27 pm

gooney wrote:

While a fan like me, makes you laugh. A 'fan' like you makes me truly sad. I am honestly ashamed for you. Ashamed our 'fan base' has people like you in it.

Being realistic about Arsenal not winning the league is one thing, straight up jizzing your pants about another Premier League side is another. I bet you are one of those people that want City to win the treble, even if that would mean Arsenal miss out on both domestic cups.

Being super delusional is definitely not a sign of being a good fan. 'f**k Arsenal, they are a joke of a club'. Calling me delusional while you are claiming to be a Gooner is perhaps the very definition of delusional.

My betting friend, you are not a Gooner. You are simply a City fan. Here, I went to the trouble for you to Google their site. Please refrain from wasting time among Gooners when you can hang out among your own: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @14-04-'24 = 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Next game @4-05-'24 = VS Bournemouth [ No ticket yet ]
#ST

Postby Losmeister » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:42 pm

btw, i , more than less, side with bturrek here... too many ronaldo, manu, man city fans here jizzing all over.

yech.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Let's hope we beat Liverpool, and City win the League
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:49 pm

btw, we've all noted the inclusion of AMN over Kola. I really like Kola, myself. however, AMN put in some good balls when he was in and played alright.
i am wondering what you all think of the speed comparison between the two... i am guessing this is what our resident geezer is getting at by inserting AMN.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ESR10 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Losmeister wrote:btw, i , more than less, side with bturrek here... too many ronaldo, manu, man city fans here jizzing all over.

yech.
ESR10

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:57 pm

I bet welbz starts
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Lets just hope we don't get embarrassed.

Love for us to turn in a top performance today and stop the rot.

AOL need to smash it and Wilshere, in fact the whole team need to turn up.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18