23/11/17 | FC Köln 1-0 Arsenal | Europa League

Re: 23/11/17 | FC Köln vs Arsenal | Europa League

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Losmeister wrote:What happened .......... did Giroud not score again?..

sad that mesut migt be going t o Barca, i heard...

Off to better things than staying here and putting up with clueless fans who think he's sh*t because he doesn't run around like a League 1 player.

It seems Germany, Barcelona and Man Utd know something fans like you don't?

I wonder what that might be .............? ah yes "Football".
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:17 pm

DGooner-

easy does it mate... accept my apologies if I don't see what you see when you see Ozil. and that i like to rile you a bit.
in the end Ozil is a quality player with some pretty serious limitations. in my opinion at least. i was happy happy happy when he signed for AFC
and i am delighted when he plays well.

we'll see how he plays in the next few important games alongside lacazette and sanchez. it still so mind numbing that they were not put together alot right from the get. downright kooky.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:46 pm

We may not have won the match but the job's done anyway, we're top of the group and seeded for the next round. This is biggest day in their history for those nazi saluters in beating our reserves. But it matters not, we are through, they are not and we rested our bigger players for the game on Sunday.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:48 am

top of the group, not a single first teamer used throughout, impressive youth performances. good stuff.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Re: 23/11/17 | FC Köln 1-0 Arsenal | Europa League

Postby gooney » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:12 am

We have basically 2 teams with zero competition and its extremely unhealthy. Who is gonna challenge monreal, kola, kos, mustafi,, bellerin, xhaka, ramsey, ozil, sanchez lacazette and cech?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:04 am

Losmeister wrote:DGooner-

easy does it mate... accept my apologies if I don't see what you see when you see Ozil. and that i like to rile you a bit.
in the end Ozil is a quality player with some pretty serious limitations. in my opinion at least. i was happy happy happy when he signed for AFC
and i am delighted when he plays well.

we'll see how he plays in the next few important games alongside lacazette and sanchez. it still so mind numbing that they were not put together alot right from the get. downright kooky.

Ozil is a world class player it's you my friend who are limited .... sure you can have a different view ... but then don't be surprised when you're called out for being an idiot ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:07 am

Massa wrote:top of the group, not a single first teamer used throughout, impressive youth performances. good stuff.

We look like the Spuds of the last decade ... decent first eleven but hardly a back-up player close to the starting side ...

Good squads have two players for every position whose quality is as close as possible - City certainly do - we've been going backwards in our squad depth for years and it's seriously starting to show ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:17 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Massa wrote:top of the group, not a single first teamer used throughout, impressive youth performances. good stuff.

We look like the Spuds of the last decade ... decent first eleven but hardly a back-up player close to the starting side ...

Good squads have two players for every position whose quality is as close as possible - City certainly do - we've been going backwards in our squad depth for years and it's seriously starting to show ....

I was actually thinking our backups have done better than usual. We usually are out of the Carabao cup by now,but our backups are still in it. We won the Europa League group.

Our first XI used to have the players that we played as backup yesterday......

Unless we go back a decade
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:31 am

EliteKiller wrote:

Its no coincidence. Wenger has done this to avoid confrontations and competition. I cant imagine training being competitive. When players know they have no shot, they will stop giving their all and the ones who knows they are starters will become lax in training
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:37 am

Agree with this. Whilst Arsenal losing a game never feels like a jubilation, I don't think I've ever cared less about us losing a competitive football game. The most affordable hick-up in many years - Köln couldn't have faced us at a better time.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:02 am

Zenith wrote:

Agree with this. Whilst Arsenal losing a game never feels like a jubilation, I don't think I've ever cared less about us losing a competitive football game. The most affordable hick-up in many years - Köln couldn't have faced us at a better time.

True but the only reason I would be concerned is that is this a sign the competition is really starting?

Teams no longer being star struck playing AFC, moving on through the group stages and facing better competition.

Are we going to continue with the 2nd string even if they look like they're not being as successful as they were?

What about the knock out stages? do we risk a dud and out display?

Personally I think Wenger should give them a few more games to see if they can pull it together but if not ........ use the first team, its not like they're not used to CL football then Prem football in a week.

Alternative scenario is not winning the Europa and potentially finishing outside of top 4 is a terrible look for us the way other clubs are progressing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Re: 23/11/17 | FC Köln 1-0 Arsenal | Europa League

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:22 pm

We have far more chance of winning the EL than the EPL and if we have another couple of 'bad-days' we will have more chance in the EL than of winning the top four trophy .... Utd got it right last year it's not as if Wonger hasn't been shown what to do ....

Win all our EPL games until the knock outs begin and maybe the EPL takes priority ... if not it's EL all the way ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Zenith wrote:

It was a waste of game. Why not give kids a chance? This game more than ever exposed the problems wenger has built for himself and is the reason why the team will not get anywhere. Dont be surprised if this team loses to Burnley. There is no pressure or competition
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Schlandi » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:We may not have won the match but the job's done anyway, we're top of the group and seeded for the next round. This is biggest day in their history for those nazi saluters in beating our reserves. But it matters not, we are through, they are not and we rested our bigger players for the game on Sunday.

Once more Arsenal humilated by the Nazi saluters from Köln
Köln C-team beats Arsenal B-team even in one of the darkest times of the GOAT club

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/arsenal-fc/1-fc-koeln/11/

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:08 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

I was actually thinking our backups have done better than usual. We usually are out of the Carabao cup by now,but our backups are still in it. We won the Europa League group.

Our first XI used to have the players that we played as backup yesterday......

Unless we go back a decade

Agree with this, the likes of Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck, Wilshere etc whilst unspectacular have managed to help us get CL footy these past couple of years. To have them in our second string side makes me feel good about our squad. Of course if you mash together an 11 that have never played before you'll get the odd bad result

Having said that, at least 3 top signings are needed if we want to truly challenge for the PL.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18