True words :)
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: 24/10/17 | Arsenal 2-1 Norwich City | Carabao Cup

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:56 pm

BouncySean wrote:
starmandb wrote:
BouncySean wrote:Just back from the game pretty shit atmosphere minus Norwich fans up until Eddie scored then place went mental just chanting Eddie every time he was near the ball probably best atmosphere we've had since win Vs Leicester

I was sitting near the Norwich fans
It was embarrassing
Me and my son were one of the few opening our mouths
There was an Aaron Ramsey lookalike who never shouted for the team once but spent large periods of the game standing and making hand gestures towards the Norwich fans
The kind of muggy thing that you used to think was so pathetic when you was at an away game and a home fan would do .
We are the arsenal
Unless it's on you you respect fans that have travelled 116 miles on a Tuesday night to support their team
And how you do it is
Totally ignore them
We are the arsenal
Who are ya's?
Know who you are and what you represent are not just words but an ethos

I agree completely! I was down the other end, between corner flag and goal trying to get chants of we love you arsenal etc going but very few people joined in.

Norwich fans were top class, even when they were outside Arsenal station after game they were still chanting, I a couple of Arsenal ones going there but nothing on the Norwich fans chants.

Arsenal marketed the game towards the kids and being half term there were a lot of them there. Same last year. I was stuck up in the plastic upper tier and could here the plastics murmering about my attempts to get the singing going upstairs.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
BouncySean wrote:
starmandb wrote:
BouncySean wrote:Just back from the game pretty shit atmosphere minus Norwich fans up until Eddie scored then place went mental just chanting Eddie every time he was near the ball probably best atmosphere we've had since win Vs Leicester

It was embarrassing
There was an Aaron Ramsey lookalike who never shouted for the team once but spent large periods of the game standing and making hand gestures towards the Norwich fans
The kind of muggy thing that you used to think was so pathetic when you was at an away game and a home fan would do .
We are the arsenal
Unless it's on you you respect fans that have travelled 116 miles on a Tuesday night to support their team
And how you do it is
Totally ignore them
We are the arsenal
Who are ya's?

I agree completely! I was down the other end, between corner flag and goal trying to get chants of we love you arsenal etc going but very few people joined in.

Norwich fans were top class, even when they were outside Arsenal station after game they were still chanting, I a couple of Arsenal ones going there but nothing on the Norwich fans chants.

Arsenal marketed the game towards the kids and being half term there were a lot of them there. Same last year. I was stuck up in the plastic upper tier and could here the plastics murmering about my attempts to get the singing going upstairs.

Mate there were plenty of young kids giving them the middle finger as well
Who is teaching them how to behave
My uncle took me to my first reserve game when I was 6 in the upper tier
He could march on with the best of them
If I had started to be abusive to anybody he would have tore me a new one
He had a fall on the steps a couple of seasons ago when we were in separate parts of the ground and it was Everton fans that helped him
It's about respect class and proper behaviour
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:08 pm

atmosphere was fine in block 6...as always
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby BouncySean » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:48 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
BouncySean wrote:
starmandb wrote:

It was embarrassing
We are the arsenal
And how you do it is
Totally ignore them
We are the arsenal
Who are ya's?

I'm not saying kids shouldn't go to games at all. However a person a few seats down from me came up to me and told me they loved my passion and how I was singing and when I asked why he wasn't joining in he said he was not singing because there was a kid sat next to them.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:10 am

Majority of songs sung by our fans are hardly something that your average kid won't hear around London multiple times a day ffs
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby BouncySean » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:23 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:Majority of songs sung by our fans are hardly something that your average kid won't hear around London multiple times a day ffs

I've never been walking down Oxford Circus and heard 'What do we think of Tottenham?' Although I have started it several times on University nights out
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:24 am

BouncySean wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Majority of songs sung by our fans are hardly something that your average kid won't hear around London multiple times a day ffs

I've never been walking down Oxford Circus and heard 'What do we think of Tottenham?' Although I have started it several times on University nights out

Yes, I'm sure the average child won't have heard the word "shit", which is the only real offensive one here. There's another Tottenham song with worse language, but even that's not something most children won't have heard.
Kids hear far worse
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby BouncySean » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:46 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:
BouncySean wrote:

Yes, I'm sure the average child won't have heard the word "shit", which is the only real offensive one here. There's another Tottenham song with worse language, but even that's not something most children won't have heard.
Kids hear far worse

I don't think I knew the c bomb before secondary school to be honest.
Great song though!
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Alexis » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:59 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
starmandb wrote:Not enough
Who does?

No one

theo walcott
Alexis