14/09/17 | Arsenal 3-1 FC Köln | Europa League

Re: 14/09/17 | Arsenal 3-1 FC Köln | Europa League

Postby Schlandi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:39 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:Ffs, am I ever supposed to learn this language? This might be tougher than I thought :rofll:

Feck it, Italian is easier

:sneaky2:

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Thank goodness we won the war so we don't have to deal with that! :)

Just saying.....
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Özilfan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:31 am

Zenith wrote:
What a condescending, surreptitious post written in German, blindly assuming no one on here understands the language.

Are you having a laugh, mate? Do you understand German at all? Nothing about his post was condescending. He just said he loves his club, win or lose and that:

"wirkliche Arsenal Fans gibt und denen gebührt mein größter Respekt und vor denen verneige ich mich."

He literally said he'd bow before the "real" Arsenal fans for whom he has the greatest respect. That's high praise! He just said he doesn't let the Nazi comments get to him because he knows they come from dickheads (my word not his).

The problem for Germans coming to England is that the English can only think of one thing, and, you know, it gets tedious after a while. I think this skit sums it up pretty well:

I think you got annoyed at his post because it was in German and, with your half forgotten GSCE in German, you didn't have the foggiest idea what he was going on about and you lashed out because you felt inadequate and stupid. Which you should, because he wrote in a way that any intermediate level speaker should have no trouble understanding.

The post wasn't exactly Kafka or Goethe.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:23 am

↑ I'm no native German speaker, but understood the majority of what Zicke wrote. Didn't like the derogatory and sarcastic undertone in some of the things he said.

He instantly jumped the gun an started calling RG a glory hunter;
Ihr werde nie so einen Support haben wie wir, denn so Leute wie du, sind nur Erfolgs Fans.

How exactly does RG's slightly misplaced/distasteful joke about Germans correlate with being a glory hunter? :dizzy:

"We have an evergrowing fan base, not because we win trophies but because we love our city and club.";
Wir haben eine ständig wachsende Fangemeinde und das nicht, weil unser FC so erfolgreich ist, sondern weil wir unsere Stadt und unseren Verein lieben!

Suggesting Arsenal's fan base wasn't growing during times we weren't winning trophies - which is factually incorrect. We haven't exactly been spoilt with big trophies in recent years either. That still doesn't stop us from having some of the most passionate away supporters in English football.

If he was more aware of the situation at Arsenal he would know that thousands of fans are priced out of their club's season tickets as rich businessmen and tourists come and replace their seats in the stadium. Not to mention the people who can still afford it are simply (and understandably) fed up of being lied to by Wenger and the board and - out of protest - ended up selling their tickets to the Köln supporters.

Aber gut, ich denke mal, das sind hier eh verlorene Worte, denn ich kann mir nicht wirklich vorstellen, dass du verstehst, was ich versuche dir zu Sagen und das von dir, wenn überhaupt, wieder nur ein dämlicher Kommentar kommt oder vielleicht ja ein Nazi Vergleich. Ich kann da ganz gut damit Leben, weil ich weiß, von wem es kommt!

Basically says he can live with RG's nazi joke because ''he knows where it comes from'' - in his mind a ''glory hunter''. Additionally, if you can really live with his joke, why even bother making such a big deal out of it in the first place? Especially considering it's not his first rant directed at RG.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:25 am

It's a new poster, I seriously doubt he knows whether it's RG's first rant on the matter

Obvious he got offended and replied in kind
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:10 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:It's a new poster, I seriously doubt he knows whether it's RG's first rant on the matter

Obvious he got offended and replied in kind

I was talking about it not being Zicke's first rant directed at RG.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31383&p=1571494#p1571494
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:59 pm

Let him rant, I'm not concerned about it. But if they think that their invasion really achieved anything aside of getting their club into trouble when they had been told not to do it, I may just remind them that they may think they won a battle, but they lost the war on the pitch which is where it really matters.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18