09/09/17 | Arsenal 3-0 Bournemouth | Premier League

Re: 09/09/17 | Arsenal 3-0 Bournemouth | Premier League

Postby Santi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:15 pm

22-0 wrote:Bergkamp actually knew how to score dont even compare.

because he was a CF, Ozil isn't. Never understood comparisons of the two.

Btw for all his critics, Ozil had his best scoring season for us last year.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: 09/09/17 | Arsenal vs Bournemouth | Premier League

Postby realtalk » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:18 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Zedie wrote:Sanchez looking sheepish and also not fully committed in the challenge.

If he's going to play like a massive pussy, he may as well not bother

smh

Sanchez provided more danger with 10 than ozil for 90 mins.

wtf :think: :think:

he has a raging hatred against mesut for some reason, he was one of our best today imo

thought everyone played very well, first time for everything

Ozil can be our Bergkamp if we just let him get on with it and stop expecting him to do grunt work, have grunts to the rear of him and just let Ozil off the leash is all we need.

Again at least he wants to be here, we need all the loyal talent we can get atm.

He can never be bergkamp because he's not a striker nor is he iceman infront of goal. You people keep spewing these shitty excuses for the guy. We played him at 10 for at least 2 seasons and he didnt deliever. He will never be star player he hides get over it.Thats the are the facts. We catered for him and it was'nt good enough. Number 10s are dead.

He's always had free role. The facts are when it gets tough he hides and plays poorly in his favoured position or free role. He's suppose to do grunt work if he does'nt then you cant press or get good team shape. No ones gonna run twice as hard just to cover someone.What kind of r***rd shit is that. All you do is leave holes in formations and team shape.

Why run hard risk injury just for a guy to float around avoiding tackles, f***ing joke. People like you make me sick.I would double foot you any chance.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:21 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
gooney wrote:this match made me even more angry....why the hell did he play ox last week and not kolasinic and bellerin looks like a footballer again playing on the right. Its like he doesnt know playing a one footed player on the wrong side makes him half the player

That anger your feeling is because we won gooney.

You are the oddest Arsenal fan on the forum lol.

explain how it was right to play ox as right wing back and bellerin as left wing back and our best and most natural wing back on the bench? specially as he knew that c*** wanted to leave
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby immsun » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Good win. Though very easy game. Real game is next week.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: 09/09/17 | Arsenal vs Bournemouth | Premier League

Postby CaptGooner » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:43 pm

realtalk wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Zedie wrote:Sanchez looking sheepish and also not fully committed in the challenge.

If he's going to play like a massive pussy, he may as well not bother

smh

Sanchez provided more danger with 10 than ozil for 90 mins.

wtf :think: :think:

he has a raging hatred against mesut for some reason, he was one of our best today imo

thought everyone played very well, first time for everything

Ozil can be our Bergkamp if we just let him get on with it and stop expecting him to do grunt work, have grunts to the rear of him and just let Ozil off the leash is all we need.

Again at least he wants to be here, we need all the loyal talent we can get atm.

He can never be bergkamp because he's not a striker nor is he iceman infront of goal. You people keep spewing these shitty excuses for the guy. We played him at 10 for at least 2 seasons and he didnt deliever. He will never be star player he hides get over it.Thats the are the facts. We catered for him and it was'nt good enough. Number 10s are dead.

He's always had free role. The facts are when it gets tough he hides and plays poorly in his favoured position or free role.

Most assists and most chances created are facts. Your personal analysis isn't.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Andrew » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Some promising stuff today.
We need to confirm against Chelsea and start a nice little tun
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:48 pm

oh god the "chances created" myth raises its fugginugly head...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:39 pm

y anaylsis seeing the highlights.

Bournemouth are shit.

Real test is next week.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby BexleyGooner » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Nice game to watch for a change, played some really nice stuff. Didn't even think about Ox, wasn't missed. In fact, I'd say we're better without him. Kolasinac is amazing. It's a visual treat watching him charge down the wing looking 2 or 3 times the size of the poor bloke chasing him. Love the way he plays. Still didn't get to see Alexis and Laca together.

One thing that disappointed me though was the atmosphere. I know the Emirates is not best of atmospheres anyway but I felt like I was sitting in a morgue today. Totally dead with the odd sporadic come on Arsenal being shouted. Really felt the depression around the ground today. Even at 3-0 up, nothing got going. Very flat indeed. And finally, I am ashamed at the utter excuses for Arsenal fans who decided to boo Alexis when he came in. Disgraceful. Save your boos for the likes of Wenger and Kroenke, not your best player, who gives 110% every time he goes out to play for your club.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:54 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:Nice game to watch for a change, played some really nice stuff. Didn't even think about Ox, wasn't missed. In fact, I'd say we're better without him. Kolasinac is amazing. It's a visual treat watching him charge down the wing looking 2 or 3 times the size of the poor bloke chasing him. Love the way he plays. Still didn't get to see Alexis and Laca together.

One thing that disappointed me though was the atmosphere. I know the Emirates is not best of atmospheres anyway but I felt like I was sitting in a morgue today. Totally dead with the odd sporadic come on Arsenal being shouted. Really felt the depression around the ground today. Even at 3-0 up, nothing got going. Very flat indeed. And finally, I am ashamed at the utter excuses for Arsenal fans who decided to boo Alexis when he came in. Disgraceful. Save your boos for the likes of Wenger and Kroenke, not your best player, who gives 110% every time he goes out to play for your club.

It will be different when the krauts are in town on Thursday.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 pm

*Lacazette gets a goal starting
*Welbeck gets 2 goals and an assist playing off a main striker
*Kolasinac gets an assist playing Lwb
*Even Ramsey got in on the act with an assist (even though I'm pretty sure he would have done more had he started in a more advanced role)

In any case, a sensible team selection gets rewarded with a good performance, three points, and a clean sheet. Let's hope Wenger doesn't try anymore crazy experiments going forward
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Mess » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:27 pm

I'll take the 3pts but it has to be said: Bournemouth were horrible. There was no pressing and Arsenal had tons of space with little pressure. They got the job done, that's what matters. I don't take any positive from this game (but i'lll take the W)
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Why do I still think that Welbecks 2nd goal was meant to be a cross, I honestly don't think he meant to do that. :rofll:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:06 pm

StLGooner wrote:Why do I still think that Welbecks 2nd goal was meant to be a cross, I honestly don't think he meant to do that. :rofll:

I think so too. As soon as he struck it, I thought he was going for a cross. It was brilliantly struct at the end, however, I'm not sure if he intended it.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Definitely intended
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18