19/08/17 | Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 19/08/17 | Stoke City vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 am

StokeFan2 wrote:
Mesüt wrote:can't start nelson vs kicktheshitoutofeveryone FC

not for his first PL start, come on. He's gonna be amazing but needs to get some easier experience and bulk up before he's starting v the likes of Stoke and Wilkinson/Shawcross.

Morning chief,

Just wondering, are we allowed to play the victim card like you do every season come this fixture? Especially as your new 'hero' wrecked the career of ours:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... l-10992562
Just wondering if it's only Arsenal and Wenger who can be whiney manipulative swines, or can we join the party? Guess he's just not that kind of player :P

And btw bud, Wilko retired a while ago now, and had barely played for about 12 months before his retirement because of concussion after a clash of heads.

To everyone else, good luck for the rest of the season (after Saturday ;) ), looking forward to a decent game this weekend. Can't really honestly back us considering the massive overhaul that's gone on in the last 12 months, so you'll probably end up beating us, but I doubt it'll be quite as easy as last seasons battering you gave us. Could be a close game, but we lack any kind of attacking threat, so your pretty ropey defence will be in for an easier time than against Leicester.

I hate us playing the victim. I hate us labelling other clubs 'rugby' clubs whilst singing "one-nil to the Arsenal" as if we'd forgotten what it is to be hard working, organised and 'getting stuck in'. The old Arsenal wouldn't have whined and made excuses, they'd have kicked back harder.

Hopefully with the likes of Xhaka and Kolasinac in the team we'll put up more of a 'fight' (literally). We seem to have a bit more physicality in the team at the moment and I'd prefer that to a team of nicey-nicey 'footballing types' like Fabregas and Cazorla passing it sideways on the half way line!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:03 am

Big girls blouse.^^^

Tbf, stoke are a million miles away from the pulis days now, man u are closer to that team than the current stoke squad.

Aurnatovic is going to be a big loss for you guys, although you can never discount a Shakiri wonder strike.

Gone are the days where we only turn up against you at home and disappear at the Britannia, and I think we've got enough about us to come through with all the points.

We should have kos back now along with stressed hopefully which means 3 cbs instead of one.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a big performance from the lads and another good display from Lacazette. Hopefully Sanchez is ok to play too along with ozil which should let us have some sort of glimpse at our first choice 11 for this season at least.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:12 am

Zedie wrote:Big girls blouse.^^^

Tbf, stoke are a million miles away from the pulis days now, man u are closer to that team than the current stoke squad.

Aurnatovic is going to be a big loss for you guys, although you can never discount a Shakiri wonder strike.

Gone are the days where we only turn up against you at home and disappear at the Britannia, and I think we've got enough about us to come through with all the points.

We should have kos back now along with stressed hopefully which means 3 cbs instead of one.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a big performance from the lads and another good display from Lacazette. Hopefully Sanchez is ok to play too along with ozil which should let us have some sort of glimpse at our first choice 11 for this season at least.

Trust me, we're so far away from the Pulis days that plenty of Stoke fans wish we had a few more 'Pulis-like' players. We routinely get kicked off the park these days, and we have nobody to do the kicking. Shawcross has not been the same since his back gave out either, so we're losing the defensive steel that we established ourselves on.
Arnie needed to go. There were murmurings last season and at the end of the day, we're pissing ourselves at the fact he's taken a sideways step. Ambition? My arse. He'd probably win jack shit at Stoke, and he'll win jack shit at West Ham. He'll learn a shed load more but considering he was Stoke's highest paid player, he wasn't struggling to feed his kids while playing for us.
It's boom or bust with Shaqiri. We've had two decent seasons out of him. Now it's time for him to show why he was once considered a good buy for teams like Bayern.

I'm hoping Alexis decides to do a modern day footballer move and puts in a greasy transfer request (Sorry, can't help it). Not arsed at all by Lacazette, although he looks decent, but Alexis is still your main man and he's a cut above your other players in my opinion. If he plays Saturday, he will still be the guy to look out for.
StokeFan2
Patrick Vieira

Postby ESR10 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:29 am

Alexis not fit for the Stoke game according to Wenger. Mustafi and Coquelin ready
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby StokeFan2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:33 am

Mustafi wrote:Alexis not fit for the Stoke game according to Wenger. Mustafi and Coquelin ready

Delightful news :D
StokeFan2
Patrick Vieira

Postby ESR10 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:43 am

StokeFan2 wrote:
Mustafi wrote:Alexis not fit for the Stoke game according to Wenger. Mustafi and Coquelin ready

We will still beat you with or without Alexis :arse flag.gif:
ESR10

Postby sukwa227 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:03 am

Mustafi to definitely replace Holding next game. Holding needs to some time on the bench to reflect on that performance against Leicester. I like the kid regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sukwa227
Liam Brady

Postby StokeFan2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:21 am

Mustafi wrote:
StokeFan2 wrote:

We will still beat you with or without Alexis :arse flag.gif:

Probably.
StokeFan2
Patrick Vieira

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:06 pm

sukwa227 wrote:Mustafi to definitely replace Holding next game. Holding needs to some time on the bench to reflect on that performance against Leicester. I like the kid regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this will be Mustafi's first competitive game for us this season. Expecting some dodgy moments from him if he starts
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Fenice » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Can we not have 3 actual CBs if Mustafi is back? Are we seriously going to play a fullback in our back 3 all season?
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:56 pm

Fenice wrote:Can we not have 3 actual CBs if Mustafi is back? Are we seriously going to play a fullback in our back 3 all season?

Chelsea did last season and pissed the League. Nacho is perfect for the LCB role
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Fenice wrote:Can we not have 3 actual CBs if Mustafi is back? Are we seriously going to play a fullback in our back 3 all season?

Wenger's magic experiment from the end of last season continues.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fenice » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Sims wrote:

Chelsea did last season and pissed the League. Nacho is perfect for the LCB role

We are nowhere near as organized. If we intend on playing this system, which I don't like to begin with, can we not play a bastardizafion of it?
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:04 am

kolasinic, xhaka and lacazette gives me hope here. I dont see these guys getting beat before the rest of the cowards in our team. Hopefully sanchez plays as well. But I dont wanna see the brits in this one...they are cowards
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby yadunoe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:10 am

Wenger should try a 3412 formation with ozil behind lacazette and giroud
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18