19/08/17 | Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 19/08/17 | Stoke City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby elkanofan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:43 pm

We played well but we where not good enough in attack, i dont care about all the unlucky shit, this is football, if your good enough you make that luck.

We need to ask serious questions about the quality of our squad right now, we wont win the league with this team and we could have another bad season drifting into nowhere unless we make sure we have the right quality in every position.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:22 pm

"How the hell he managed to miss a simple unchallenged header completely is beyond my comprehension."

reminded me of the howler that chambers did which led to crouch scoring . worst headed whiff i have ever seen
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Slint » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:34 pm

elkanofan wrote:We played well but we where not good enough in attack, i dont care about all the unlucky shit, this is football, if your good enough you make that luck.

We need to ask serious questions about the quality of our squad right now, we wont win the league with this team and we could have another bad season drifting into nowhere unless we make sure we have the right quality in every position.

Either Wenger left last season, or after he signed a new deal he should have sold the entire squad minus Sanchez and build a new one. If he comes to the season with the same squad + Lacazatte and Kolasinac he shouldn't be expecting any drastic changes.
Although it would have been hilarious seeing a entire new squad having the same results.
Slint
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:07 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:There is no way to sugar coat missing 4 gilt edged opportunities in one fecking game. Despite all the feckups and atrocious play we would still have won the game if Danny ''cannot hit the broad side of a barn door'' Welbeck would have functioning limbs and basic coordination reflexes. How the hell he managed to miss a simple unchallenged header completely is beyond my comprehension.

Not beyond comprehension at all once you realize he is a shit player.

Anyone who has watched him regularly should expect him to miss those chances. It's what he does. Just look at his scoring record.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Just watched MOTD

Should've had 3 penalties. Offside was right though

Ozil in the centre of everything good we did
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:There is no way to sugar coat missing 4 gilt edged opportunities in one fecking game. Despite all the feckups and atrocious play we would still have won the game if Danny ''cannot hit the broad side of a barn door'' Welbeck would have functioning limbs and basic coordination reflexes. How the hell he managed to miss a simple unchallenged header completely is beyond my comprehension.

Not beyond comprehension at all once you realize he is a shit player.

Anyone who has watched him regularly should expect him to miss those chances. It's what he does. Just look at his scoring record.

he almost stumbled over the ball with open goal vs leicester. he is terrible
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby antfosfosant » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:29 pm

1. Welbeck's shortcoming covered here already.

2. So slow to transition. Any meaningful break scuppered by pass behind the man or player (welbeck/bellerin) having to cut back in because no confidence to use their weaker/non existent foot

3. Ox is the only player who drives and scares defenders. Need to keep him. A cut above Walcott and welbeck.

4. Lacazette is going to be special. Can't think of any other player who would have finished in that way.

Nervous about Liverpool
antfosfosant
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:24 pm

Played well lost ... the mark of a side with issues ... apart from Wonger, if anyone on planet earth thinks Xhaka / Ramsey is an EPL central pairing I've yet to meet them ... couldn't boss a playground ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BexleyGooner » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:35 pm

What a frustrating afternoon. Chance after chance with hardly any looking like going in. Most of the crowds ire today seemed to be directed at Welbeck. He's a trier, but he's terribly frustrating with his end product. He thinks he'll get arrested for breaking into a shot. He looks like he gets frustrated with himself. He seems to want to pass the ball in from the goal line.

More trouble in the coach park after with supporters arguing and getting a bit pushy with each other. It's like we haven't had a close season at all. Exactly the same. So much for this 'catalyst for change' we were told so much about,
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:37 am

Every solid chance fell to Welbeck. Wtf is Lacazette not being played as the main CF?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fenice » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:41 am

aniym wrote:Every solid chance fell to Welbeck. Wtf is Lacazette not being played as the main CF?
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:27 am

Xhaka is such a f***ing liability. Cut him loose, awful awful signing. We desperately need better if we're going to persist with a midfield 2. I'm not convinced Ramsey is good enough for a 2 either, but it is so f***ing obvious that Xhaka isn't good enough to play there and is never going to be.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:41 am

I hate how wenger makes subs for the same of making subs. I mean lacazette with that finish showed already how well he can finish. How you gonna sub your best finisher when you are chasing a game?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:42 am

gooney wrote:I hate how wenger makes subs for the same of making subs. I mean lacazette with that finish showed already how well he can finish. How you gonna sub your best finisher when you are chasing a game?

Bringing on Theo for Lacazette and keeping Welbz on the pitch is actually incredible shithousing. I couldn't believe it
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby realtalk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:23 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:

lol drought cesc era. Lol possesion football ,controlling the game still lose 1-0 . I love this game theres no actual answer on how to win.
Pretty pure so much for sani wank boys and perfect cm myths in here.

03-04. and we werent passing special.Xhaka misplaced liek 5. Imagine we passed better than this game with tippy tappy bullshit would of been 80%+ and stil lose 1-0. This game is an absolute cruel troll.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18