30/07/17 | Arsenal 1-2 Sevilla | Pre-season Friendly

Re: 30/07/17 | Arsenal 1-2 Sevilla | Pre-season Friendly

Postby indy23 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:56 pm

This teams mf is in shambles. Regardless if first team isnt out there. Wenger just sticking his middle finger at everyone with stupid presser too.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Callum wrote:Nothing quite like the annual Goonersworld pre-season meltdown.

Friendly games mean nothing - until we lose, of course, then it's armageddon.

For me, this has nothing to do with losing the game. It's about watching the same old shite football from last season, lack of vision and ability in our midfield that makes me want to fall asleep. We won 5-2 yesterday, and i was bored as f**k. When you look at our squad its infested with average players, it will be a miracle if we scrape top 4.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Re: 30/07/17 | Arsenal vs Sevilla | Pre-season Friendly

Postby starmandb » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:10 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:Win all games.
Still lose tournament.

Nice rules

It truly is the Emirates Cup, always stays at the Emirates.

They always give Arsenal a piss poor first opponent so we can smash them. Then the second game doesn't matter

2 nd game Italian champion inter won 2-1
08 Spanish champions Real Madrid won 1-0
14 played Portuguese domestic treble winners and beaten on pens I. The Europa league final benfica 5-1 in the 1st game
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby yadunoe » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:

For me, this has nothing to do with losing the game. It's about watching the same old shite football from last season, lack of vision and ability in our midfield that makes me want to fall asleep. We won 5-2 yesterday, and i was bored as f**k. When you look at our squad its infested with average players, it will be a miracle if we scrape top 4.

It's only pre-season when we lose to Leicester and no further signings are made then i will feel angry
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:

You support Theo Walcott
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:19 pm

PSA for the hysterics...

for the rest of us... a kindly reminder...

Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:30 pm

The troll catching skills of the mod team here are unparalleled. We have a new method here. For the special ones we have special modus operandi. There will be no warnings as such, there will be straight bans and that is why i am not going to name who is who, you will find out yourselves when you are shown the door. So this is a subtle message to all those trying to post in a sensational manner to rile emotions and create havoc we can see though the BS. So just back off and post constructively productively and coherently.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:40 pm

yadunoe wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:

It's only pre-season when we lose to Leicester and no further signings are made then i will feel angry

And shocked no doubt
The last time we lost at home to Leicester was 1973
Peter Shilton was in goal
Frank worthington was up front
Len glover was scoring from the wing
And former arsenal player Jon sammels was getting a better reception than he ever got for playing for us
We had the wonderful world of Disney to watch then or 10 year old me would have got home from the game and moaned on the internet
I was a bit young for drinking and womanising then
My uncle who was 6 years older than me went to the empire pool Wembley to see the Rolling Stones
Oh for a time machine
Still you can't always get what you want
starmandb

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:47 pm

1] Some of our players are still not physically up there. We are still exploring our options. We look at least a yard off pace and is one of the reason for our lethargic performance today.

2] Wenger still does not know the starting eleven especially with Sanchez situation.

3] I think instead of relying on past history we should be looking at current form and recent performances. for example Chamberlain looks to be cut out for our WB positions and his ability to dribble past players and especially his new found productivity and final ball is exciting to see. I think we should hang on to him especially as he is settled here, is homegrown and suits our new setup.

4] Lacazette needs time and totally unfair to judge a player without even seeing him play a competitive game for Arsenal. He was not my first choice but ffs he needs to be given at least half a season. He definitely is not match fit and needs time to get match fit.

5] We need a CM because we have only three right now, Ramsey, Xhaka and Coquelin with Elneny clearly a backup option. We are short both in terms of numbers and variety. We need a combative midfielder but someone who is brisk as we lack pace in the heart of the midfield.

6] Our wing back situation looks good and there is no need for further additions.

7] We should get a goal keeper but our first priority should be to sort out Sanchez's situation one way or another. If he stays signing a midfielder becomes first priority and if he leaves we need to sign a quality forward and a CM. Ideally we should keep Sanchez and sign Mahrez and a CM. Lemar is out of sight so people should stop dreaming.

8] This is preseason and we need to get our combinations right. I like our new setup just that we need additional reinforcements to make it work better.

9] We should keep Sanchez, Giroud, Ox and sign a CM and Mahrez.

10] I am not fully sure about Walcott because he can score crucial goals but he can be inconsistent too. For us money is no matter and the club is making enough of it then why sell him, let him stay here and earn his spot.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:

If we was playing with our starting eleven i'd absolutely agree with you, but we haven't.

We've been using a mixture of fringe players/first teams/youth players in every game we've played in. The quality of football isn't going to be great. Bare in mind we are still getting used to this new 3-4-3 formation also.

Next week we will see our starting eleven minus Alexis, most likely. You'll see an improvement in performance and hopefully the result to go with it.

It really baffles me when people start losing their shit over pre season results and the quality of football. Vary rarely a team produces top quality football during pre season. The teams playing out in LA are proof of that.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Slick » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:08 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:The troll catching skills of the mod team here are unparalleled. We have a new method here. For the special ones we have special modus operandi. There will be no warnings as such, there will be straight bans and that is why i am not going to name who is who, you will find out yourselves when you are shown the door. So this is a subtle message to all those trying to post in a sensational manner to rile emotions and create havoc we can see though the BS. So just back off and post constructively productively and coherently.

Do the same to the posters who don't know the difference between you're and your and also their, they're and there.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Slick wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:The troll catching skills of the mod team here are unparalleled. We have a new method here. For the special ones we have special modus operandi. There will be no warnings as such, there will be straight bans and that is why i am not going to name who is who, you will find out yourselves when you are shown the door. So this is a subtle message to all those trying to post in a sensational manner to rile emotions and create havoc we can see though the BS. So just back off and post constructively productively and coherently.

Do the same to the posters who don't know the difference between you're and your and also their, they're and there.

They're is no way there going to go their. Your a senior member, but you're lack of knowledge is shocking
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:12 pm

MesutOzil11 wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:

If we was playing with our starting eleven i'd absolutely agree with you, but we haven't.

We've been using a mixture of fringe players/first teams/youth players in every game we've played in. The quality of football isn't going to be great. Bare in mind we are still getting used to this new 3-4-3 formation also.

Next week we will see our starting eleven minus Alexis, most likely. You'll see an improvement in performance and hopefully the result to go with it.

It really baffles me when people start losing their shit over pre season results and the quality of football. Vary rarely a team produces top quality football during pre season. The teams playing out in LA are proof of that.

Not basing this on preseason performances. I just think this team is bad, based on last season, probably the worst in the Emirates era.

GoonerAlexis wrote:You support Theo Walcott

Yes, good player.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:17 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:
MesutOzil11 wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:

Not basing this on preseason performances. I just think this team is bad, based on last season, probably the worst in the Emirates era.

GoonerAlexis wrote:You support Theo Walcott

Yes, good player.

Walcott is probably the worst long term player of the Emirates Era.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:44 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Walcott is probably the worst long term player of the Emirates Era.

Walcott to have a better goals per minute ratio than Lacazette in 17/18 season. Bet avatar + signature for 1 month?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18