god ur like a 12 year old girl sometimes

or boy

Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Re: 29/07/17 | Arsenal vs Benfica| Pre-season Friendly

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:24 pm

gooney wrote:honestly there are people who want to replace el nenny with AMN. Its like the more errors and more messed up things AMN does, the more his stock rises. El nenny is far more compused and smarter player. His weakness is physical strength. AMN weakness is football brain

Elneny is the most underrated player here. He's the only complete midfielder we have, who can do pretty much everything competently. Not the best at what he does, but only one with no obvious weaknesses (Besides Cazorla, who's injured)

I mean Ramsey's positional issues, Xhaka's disciplinary issues and Coquelin's brain issues means he's the only one we have
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Quick points:

*Bar one instance, Lacazette’s touch was much better today. Also just going off this brief cameo, I can see him getting plenty of assists and pre-assists over a season. As others have said, we need to start playing him up top

*Kolasinac played like a younger version of Monreal. For the most part, he knew what to do/who to pass to when he had the ball out wide. Had some heavy touches but maybe that was fatigue setting in

*Niles was super sloppy today when he was on the ball. Off the ball, he wasn’t bad

*Very good ending to the game by Giroud but wished he was on from the beginning. In any case, I think players like Giroud and Mertesacker have had enough preseason playing time. Need to stop playing them and give what we have left of preseason to players who’ll actually be starting games for us.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Sims wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Lacazette looks like a lost lamb.

Never played as a winger before, he's a career striker and doesn't want to play as a winger.

My hatred for Wenger has just spiked through the roof.

I can actually feel Lacazette's disappointment from here, bet he already wishes he never came here, this is embarrassing for him.

Not suggesting he should play there, but Lacazette does have over a 60 senior appearances on the wings.

We NEEDED a Striker in this transfer, not a fkin winger!!

That's fine though I hope you guys get what you deserve, another season of Giroud starting and another season of us not having enough to even get top 4 let alone win something, you appease mediocrity and that is what you get, what you deserve.

I'm out of here before I explode!

god ur like a 12 year old girl sometimes

hes starting up front tomorrow, he was just essentially having a bleep test today

I'll see you in January and we'll see who the 12 year old girl is then when your whining about our season collapsing.

I've had to wait 4 years for a striker, we get one and low and behold he's not playing him up front.

Whether he plays up front tomorrow or not, he goes one game without a goal and he's toast, watch this space, seen this all before.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:35 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
gooney wrote:honestly there are people who want to replace el nenny with AMN. Its like the more errors and more messed up things AMN does, the more his stock rises. El nenny is far more compused and smarter player. His weakness is physical strength. AMN weakness is football brain

Elneny is the most underrated player here. He's the only complete midfielder we have, who can do pretty much everything competently. Not the best at what he does, but only one with no obvious weaknesses (Besides Cazorla, who's injured)

I mean Ramsey's positional issues, Xhaka's disciplinary issues and Coquelin's brain issues means he's the only one we have

well we are not used to mature solid players....so a lot of our fans cant see his pluses
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:36 pm

gooney wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

well we are not used to mature solid players....so a lot of our fans cant see his pluses

Solid's the right word.

SAF had a lot of these players, not flashy, but did what he wanted.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:39 pm

Giroud sees off another contender. :rofll:
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:54 pm

Hahaha at this discussion, comedy gold. Where is the popcorn.
giphy.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby lol » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Blame Wenger all you want for not playing Lacazette as striker when he came on today. With the touch and control he showed today, even if he was played as striker and scored, what difference would he be from Walcott? Having poor control and dribbling, but scoring goals is what Walcott does for us. What we need from Lacazette is to show that he can score goals and is technically superior to Walcott. I was more interested to see Lacazette's technique than finishing from today's game. I wanted to see his first touch and how comfortable he would be on the ball. Unfortunately, he wasn't up for it. It's still early days and let's hope he settles in and shows us he's a better option than playing Walcott as striker.
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby diesel » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:36 pm

Tomorrow totally irrelevant as was today. Just more minutes of fitness. Starts to get serious next Sunday though. Although only comm shield, no such thing as a friendly against chavski.
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Re: 29/07/17 | Arsenal 5-2 Benfica| Pre-season Friendly

Postby indy23 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:43 pm

Not like we arw winning league with this midfield anyway.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Sims wrote:Coq's first good game in about 2 years and he's gone off injured wtf

Had plenty of good games most recently leicester( h)
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:48 pm

why is everyone so angry
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby indy23 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:06 pm

The holes in our team are evident. Along with the continual politics of our team are evident. He better get sacked if we finish outta top 4 next season.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:10 pm

Goonerfromafrica wrote:why is everyone so angry

They're not sure how to respond when there's not that much to moan about, so find something to moan about.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18