15/07/17 | Western Sydney 1-3 Arsenal | Pre-season Friendly

Re: 15/07/17 | Western Sydney 1-3 Arsenal | Pre-season Frien

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:07 pm

the whinge rate around here is off the charts... i mean, ffs, m8s... its unmanly

pre-season scrimmages...

this is nothing more thana glorified practice session...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Re: 15/07/17 | Western Sydney vs Arsenal | Pre-season Friend

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:05 am

gooney wrote:
NJ_Gunner wrote:
gooney wrote:Looking at this squad i would be surprised if we even get top 4. Wenger is a clown. He gets an idea stays with it for years. Suddenly this is his nee formation after 20 years. But if he thinks playing strikers like lacazette or cancers like welbeck and walcott as behind striker as creators we are fecked

Quite a ridiculous comment when it's pre season game 2 in Australia. I actually think we look promising. Several different goal scorers so far and the the new boys Lacazette and Kolasinac look solid. Not sure what you're expecting in July.

ooh the usual its pre season, the season just started, we only half way through the season, the season ends soon just get behind and go back to its only may, its just pre season. You think walcott/welbeck and lacazette suits playing as an attacking midfielder? I dont and I think this squad is unbalanced. you guys do remember we finished 18 points behind the champions and lowest position in over 20 years? Nah I am deluded....we gonna win the league :dontknow:

Chill out dude. He played el Neny as a CB and AMN at every position bar keeper. He's just giving them a run out the first few games. We'll start seeing their true positions later on in preseason.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:20 pm

f**k completely missed this
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:38 pm

looks good from the highlights even if it is against some aussie kangaroo smuggglers

nketiah looks lively af. nice to see him, nelson and willock looking sharp in this pre-season...might actually have some kids in our youth to get excited about again.

rest looked good too, nice to see laca's movement in the box and dribbling skills - a proper striker.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: 15/07/17 | Western Sydney vs Arsenal | Pre-season Friend

Postby gooney » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
gooney wrote:
NJ_Gunner wrote:
gooney wrote:Looking at this squad i would be surprised if we even get top 4. Wenger is a clown. He gets an idea stays with it for years. Suddenly this is his nee formation after 20 years. But if he thinks playing strikers like lacazette or cancers like welbeck and walcott as behind striker as creators we are fecked

Quite a ridiculous comment when it's pre season game 2 in Australia. I actually think we look promising. Several different goal scorers so far and the the new boys Lacazette and Kolasinac look solid. Not sure what you're expecting in July.

ooh the usual its pre season, the season just started, we only half way through the season, the season ends soon just get behind and go back to its only may, its just pre season. You think walcott/welbeck and lacazette suits playing as an attacking midfielder? I dont and I think this squad is unbalanced. you guys do remember we finished 18 points behind the champions and lowest position in over 20 years? Nah I am deluded....we gonna win the league :dontknow:

Chill out dude. He played el Neny as a CB and AMN at every position bar keeper. He's just giving them a run out the first few games. We'll start seeing their true positions later on in preseason.

how do you fit in welbeck, giroud, walcott and lacazette. If we gonna play with 1 striker and 2 attacking midfielders behind him. How do you fit in 4 strikers without change of formation or play them outside of position. Hence why wenger said lacazette will play striker most of the time, but can play in any system. I think next season lacazette at times and walcott and welbeck will be used in the position ozil and sanchez played last season behind striker. Its just me analysing our squad number and wengers history. People are attacking me because they dont like to hear the truth
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:13 pm

----Giroud/Welbeck
Lemar---Ozil---Laca

Walcott will be sold.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Why the hell is Wenger playing Lacazette out wide??

If he tries pulling any BS I'll be in the Wenger out thread all season, this is why Giroud needs to be sold!!!!!!!!!!!!

alexafc12 wrote:Why aren't we letting Ozil and Laca build some chemistry. Wengers obsession with Giroud is disgusting. If he is for sale what's the point of playing him

Exactly, the only way to stop this unholy marriage is to get rid of the Giroud.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 am

Anyone else impressed by Bielik? Great passing range for a defender. Was pinging long balls like Xhaka. Could play as DM or CB.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:09 am

That's because he's a DM being played at CB
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:12 am

He's been deployed at CB through his academy career. Was a DM when he came to us though.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Mesüt wrote:That's because he's a DM being played at CB

The guys like Peter Pan, we've had him for years and he's still in the youth team.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Mesüt wrote:That's because he's a DM being played at CB

The guys like Peter Pan, we've had him for years and he's still in the youth team.

He is 19
Been with us since he was 17
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18