13/09/2016 | Paris St. Germain 1-1 Arsenal | UCL

Re: 13/09/2016 | Paris St. Germain 1-1 Arsenal | UCL

Postby gooney » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:42 pm

Zedie wrote:
gooney wrote:Ferdinand blamed bellerin as part of the goal....funny enough I got dog abused when I said the same thing. Him being nowhere near where he needed to be made Mustafi worry about to players. In hindsight he should have focused everything on Cavani and if the ball went over him and the left attacker had a tap in. Then fair enough. he hesitate a bit. You can see as soon as the goal goes in Mustafi screams at bellerin. My question is how can a right back be so off position 40 secs into a tough away game?

Hes a kid that needs to learn these things just like any other. We arent talking about a seasoned vet, hes had 2 years as a defender in the first team. Most defenders arent shit until mid twenties.

Its easy to forget that some of these players are still basically children. Iwobi was getting stick for an admittedly below par performance, but hes 19(?) where you as good at your job at 19 as you are now. Were you as good at anything as you are now.

Experience, harsh lessons and glory means a lot to how players develop.

We said the same thing about Gibbs. I am again st having any young defender at arsenal. We need only experienced defenders who has learned their trade somewhere else. We dont produce defenders and if you ever watch our reserve and see how we defend. You would see why we wont produce any defenders
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThisIsNotAnID » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:25 pm

gooney wrote:Ferdinand blamed bellerin as part of the goal....funny enough I got dog abused when I said the same thing. Him being nowhere near where he needed to be made Mustafi worry about to players. In hindsight he should have focused everything on Cavani and if the ball went over him and the left attacker had a tap in. Then fair enough. he hesitate a bit. You can see as soon as the goal goes in Mustafi screams at bellerin. My question is how can a right back be so off position 40 secs into a tough away game?

Eh, no. The entire back six was at fault for the goal in some way or another (Bellerin for not going along with Mustafi's offside trap). The main reason Mustafi was in two minds was because Cazorla was slow to follow the second player and Mustafi just couldn't leave him free and mark Cavani. That is not to say it was Cazorla's fault mostly, but rather the system. If Coquelin had been playing deeper rather than Cazorla, it wouldn't have happened.
ThisIsNotAnID

Postby gooney » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:39 am

ThisIsNotAnID wrote:

Eh, no. The entire back six was at fault for the goal in some way or another (Bellerin for not going along with Mustafi's offside trap). The main reason Mustafi was in two minds was because Cazorla was slow to follow the second player and Mustafi just couldn't leave him free and mark Cavani. That is not to say it was Cazorla's fault mostly, but rather the system. If Coquelin had been playing deeper rather than Cazorla, it wouldn't have happened.

Either way it happened within 40 seconds of the match. When we scored we should have concede within 2 mins. Dixon said it best. We are shocking without the ball and dont seem to know what we are doing and have been that for years. Ultimate we will fall short because unlike other teams we dont actually have a shape and are tactically way off. We got away against PSG. But I dont see us doing well against good team who will punish our lack of organisation.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:01 am

Slick wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Slick wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Slick wrote:Nacho should have blocked that cross in the first place. That was a piss poor effort on his part.

Thanks for pointing that out. A defender should do everything to be blocking a shot, not showing less vigor than a morris dancer on skag.

Dude had to slow down and gather himself to make that cross and Nacho was in perfect position to block it, he just whiffed.

Imagine Lee Dixon putting in a challenge like that

El oh el!

btw, dig the gory avatar :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2016-17