M&T Bank Stadium
Maryland, USA

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 17/07/22 | Arsenal vs Everton | Pre-Season Friendly

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:22 pm

Arsenal’s squad for the 2022 USA tour:

Goalkeepers: Ramsdale, Leno, Turner, Okonkwo, Runarsson.

Defenders: Tierney, Tavares, Gabriel, Mari, White, Holding, Saliba, Bellerín, Cedric, Tomiyasu, Walters.

[1/2] #afc

Arsenal’s squad for the 2022 USA tour:

Midfielders: Elneny, Torreira, Partey, Smith Rowe, Lokonga, Xhaka, Ødegaard, Maitland-Niles, Vieira, Nelson.

Forwards: Martinelli, Nketiah, Jesus, Pepe, Saka, Balogun, Marquinhos.

[2/2] #afc

Source: @afcstuff

For this game, I'd like to see:

1st Half:
Turner
Cedric(c) ----- Saliba ----- Mari ----- Tavares
Elneny Lokonga
Vieira
Marquinhos Nketiah Smith-Rowe

2nd Half:
Ramsdale
Tomiyasu ----- White ----- Gabriel ----- Tierney
Partey Xhaka
Odegaard(c)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:59 pm

I want to see a Gabriel-Saliba partnership at the back!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:09 pm

Would like to see a 4-3-3.

-----------------Ramsdale------------

Tomiyasu--Saliba--Gabriel--Tierney

----ESR----Partey---Vieira----

Saka-----------Jesus-------Martinelli

I want to see how we cope with a more technical and quick side even if light on defence. These are the conditions to see if two attacking 8s can work.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby UFGN » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:24 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Would like to see a 4-3-3.

I want to see how we cope with a more technical and quick side even if light on defence. These are the conditions to see if two attacking 8s can work.

English goalkeeper, strong back four and Vieira in midfield

My willy feels funny. Im having flashbacks :redface:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:08 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:I want to see a Gabriel-Saliba partnership at the back!

I actually had that initially but decided to change it because I don’t think Arteta believes that Saliba is better than White

Two attacking 8s would be interesting to see and I would bet would work in this game. But as a permanent solution going forward I can’t see it working because I can’t see the two 8s helping out Partey in Arteta’s Arsenal which means Partey will need to do a lot of work in that midfield which means Partey, considering his injury record with us, will most likely get injured sooner.

For a two 8 formation to work during the season, we’d need, imo, a more reliable player than Partey in terms of fitness or two 8s who work hard and won’t leave the midfield exposed
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Reiss » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:07 pm

Hopefully our prolific striker gets another goal.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:02 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

I actually had that initially but decided to change it because I don’t think Arteta believes that Saliba is better than White

Two attacking 8s would be interesting to see and I would bet would work in this game. But as a permanent solution going forward I can’t see it working because I can’t see the two 8s helping out Partey in Arteta’s Arsenal which means Partey will need to do a lot of work in that midfield which means Partey, considering his injury record with us, will most likely get injured sooner.

For a two 8 formation to work during the season, we’d need, imo, a more reliable player than Partey in terms of fitness or two 8s who work hard and won’t leave the midfield exposed

No system will work for all games and we'll definitely need a Plan B but our Plan A needs to be more attack minded and possession dominant. With better technical players that can keep possession it means less work for Partey in terms of defending. If we decide to try a double pivot again with Partey next to Xhaka, Lokonga or Elneny, the players that are more hesitant on the ball, it leads to more losses of possession and heavy running.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:29 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

No system will work for all games and we'll definitely need a Plan B but our Plan A needs to be more attack minded and possession dominant. With better technical players that can keep possession it means less work for Partey in terms of defending. If we decide to try a double pivot again with Partey next to Xhaka, Lokonga or Elneny, the players that are more hesitant on the ball, it leads to more losses of possession and heavy running.

Agree with all that but in the former case I don’t believe we have the right players to play possession football, in a two 8 formation the way we all want to see it played. I don’t think the likes of ESR and Vieira are capable but I’d be happy for them to prove me wrong. In the latter case, we are at least more secure in the midfield just as long as we get that central midfield signing that most of us has been stressing about.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:54 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Agree with all that but in the former case I don’t believe we have the right players to play possession football, in a two 8 formation the way we all want to see it played. I don’t think the likes of ESR and Vieira are capable but I’d be happy for them to prove me wrong. In the latter case, we are at least more secure in the midfield just as long as we get that central midfield signing that most of us has been stressing about.

Because we haven't signed that central midfielder and I'm looking at what we have. I think we've seen our limitations with a double pivot of Partey with Xhaka, Elneny or even Lokonga and Odegaard as the attacking mid. Nonw of them are as capable on the ball, protecting and passing forward as ESR and Vieria. Partey is already getting stretched and injured because of the extra work he has to put in to compensate for a weak midfield. If we play on playing Vieira to Partey in a double pivot then it might as well be a 4-3-3 anyway because he's not going add any defensive stability in terms of physical presence.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:47 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Because we haven't signed that central midfielder and I'm looking at what we have. I think we've seen our limitations with a double pivot of Partey with Xhaka, Elneny or even Lokonga and Odegaard as the attacking mid. Nonw of them are as capable on the ball, protecting and passing forward as ESR and Vieria. Partey is already getting stretched and injured because of the extra work he has to put in to compensate for a weak midfield. If we play on playing Vieira to Partey in a double pivot then it might as well be a 4-3-3 anyway because he's not going add any defensive stability in terms of physical presence.

Fair. I just hope we sign that player who’ll partner Partey. the position is just as important as the CF position as far as I’m concerned
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:17 am

Agreed. The CM role is crucial and needs a massive change. Be it a new player or system change. Not sure which we'll do but I believe we played a 3-4-3 in the second half of our friendly. Worth noting our preseason set ups. If we go with a 3atb formation that could change what we need in terms of transfers.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:02 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Agreed. The CM role is crucial and needs a massive change. Be it a new player or system change. Not sure which we'll do but I believe we played a 3-4-3 in the second half of our friendly. Worth noting our preseason set ups. If we go with a 3atb formation that could change what we need in terms of transfers.

Arteta should know what fkin formation he wants to use BEFORE the window, so you know what players you need to target to make it happen.

Yes if you don't get what you need then late amendments of using the players you have is needed but he should know what he wants at this stage.

Personally I'd rather a 3-4-3, I don't think our attack is good enough to not be solid atb.

All top 4 teams are using 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 right now, the richest teams are going 4-3-3 and the runners up are using 3-4-3 to have a better defence to keep up with the attack from the 4-3-3 teams.

I think where we are right now as a team and with our players, we'd prob be better off with 3-4-3.

................ however, no way that's happening, we've invested in Vieira and Odegaard which means that no10 spot is going nowhere inless we play 3-4-1-2 but then we only have 2 ST so again can't play both in every game.

No we've equipped ourselves to carry on with the shtty 4-2-3-1.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby #ST » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:44 am

Alright so this game is tonight right? The night that connects saturday with sunday?
Was really hoping this was sunday-to-monday :(

I have a shift starting at 6:45 and since Im releasing the night shifts they will REALLY appreciate if I could be in at like 6:30 which means I gotta leave the nest at 5:30 to have any chance of being on time.

To watch this game in my timezone.. means it will start at 1 am.. finish at around 3 am.

It would be highly ill advised to do this LOL but Im still considering it

I really shouldnt though

BUT I WANT TO...... <_<
But I shouldnt

Smart thing to do is wake up little bit on time, watch the highlights on the toilet
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby #ST » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:47 am