13/08/22 | Arsenal 4-2 Leicester City | Premier League

Re: 13/08/22 | Arsenal 4-2 Leicester City | Premier League

Postby CaptGooner » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:11 am

Losmeister wrote:
diesel wrote:
Losmeister wrote:What a bunch of whingeing in here, ffs

This.

Yes, our midfield needs additions. Yes, city will piss the league, but ffs if people dont enjoy fooloiwng their team and it makes them angry even when things have improved, then hey, go and find something else that makes you happy eh ? Been following arsenal 50 years. Atmosphere was great today, new signings have taken us up a level. Not sure what some people want.

yes. the snarkiness is nauseating.

makes me wonder if there are simply scads of non Arsenal people who come in here just to wind us up.

Probably why a lot of good posters left the board. Hell there’s only 6 pages on this game day thread when we had a nice win.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:31 am

CaptGooner wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
diesel wrote:
Losmeister wrote:What a bunch of whingeing in here, ffs

This.

Yes, our midfield needs additions. Yes, city will piss the league, but ffs if people dont enjoy fooloiwng their team and it makes them angry even when things have improved, then hey, go and find something else that makes you happy eh ? Been following arsenal 50 years. Atmosphere was great today, new signings have taken us up a level. Not sure what some people want.

yes. the snarkiness is nauseating.

makes me wonder if there are simply scads of non Arsenal people who come in here just to wind us up.

Probably why a lot of good posters left the board. Hell there’s only 6 pages on this game day thread when we had a nice win.

and there's probably more !han 6 in the zinchenko thread on how we overpaid....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:56 am

Great game, great result, perfect afternoon for AFC.

Jesus is our best signing since Auba and Sanchez.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:16 am

Managed to catch the full game on Sky's Game of the day. He bossed that game. We looked so much better and kept the ball in their final third a lot longer.

Tactically, we've switched the roles and formation. Really noticeable how Zinchenko was coming inside from that left flank playing like a midfielder, whilst Xhaka was much further up the pitch and Martinelli being a complete menace roaming inside and out on that left. It reminded me of how fluid we used to look, position wise, when Arteta first arrived. But today, the football, our passing, possession is so much better.

Right side still needs work. A very quiet game for a Saka and Odegaard. Still not convinced by Ode. He was better this game but a few over hit passes and touches that messed key moments up. I don't really see the same sort of bond any of the player he's around, especially Saka, the same way I see down that left channel. If we get that side working, we'll give teams something extra to contemplate.

Finally, Gabriel Jesus. He's Brazilian. We're seeing the samba quality and technical skills. He's made a massive difference to how we can attack teams. Could have had a hat trick and 3 assists. Excellent performance.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Losmeister » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:42 am

Most of last years losses have more than 18 pages... And I get banned for describing gw with a common word...smh...

What a bunch of miserable.... Fill in the blank
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:49 am

Losmeister wrote:Most of last years losses have more than 18 pages... And I get banned for describing gw with a common word...smh...

What are you doing? Why are you moaning about posters after a win. Lol.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:06 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Losmeister wrote:Most of last years losses have more than 18 pages... And I get banned for describing gw with a common word...smh...

What are you doing? Why are you moaning about posters after a win. Lol.

Just remember who you're replying to.

One of the worst posters on here. Wouldn't pay him much attention
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:16 pm

Great result not able to watch it as was on at silly oclock here and i had something on that morning so needed the sleep, amazing what a difference a couple of players makes, attitude is everything in sport
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2022-23