16/05/22 | Newcastle United 2-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Chat here before, during and after the match.
Also get the squad news as it happens.

Re: 16/05/22 | Newcastle United vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Goonerred » Sat May 14, 2022 1:42 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Rockape wrote:Good grief…..is he still banging on? :rolleyes:

He is like a broken record, all this bollocks is leading up to his excuses for Monday if we don't win, but but the ref hated us the linesman and the tea lady had it in for us :rofll:

Those players not being sent off didn't lose us points.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Sat May 14, 2022 2:02 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

He is like a broken record, all this bollocks is leading up to his excuses for Monday if we don't win, but but the ref hated us the linesman and the tea lady had it in for us :rofll:

Yes they did.
1-0 up against Palace against 10 men, 3pts instead of 1
1-0 up against Everton against 10 men, 3 pts instead on 0
0-0 against spurs with them playing with 10 men. Likely 3 points, at least 1 instead of 0

Seem like reasonable views to me.
6-8 points lost because of refs cheating in just 3 games,
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Sat May 14, 2022 2:12 pm

People need to get a better grip on things if they are thinking Arsenal is the only team getting a poor decision, btw nothing wrong with the loss the other day, we had players lose their head, a manager out managed and a result that comes with such things,
All on the next two games,
Arteta comment b4 spurs saying the players need no motivation against spurs as they know what the win will bring,
He may want to rethink his approach because that outcome we got is not what is required
VCC
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Sat May 14, 2022 2:15 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Yes they did.
0-0 against spurs with them playing with 10 men. Likely 3 points, at least 1 instead of 0

You are saying then that Arsenal was incapable of winning those matches because the opposition had 11 men on the field. It was down to the team to score more goals. Leeds went down to 10 men and we were hanging on in the end.
Goonerred

Postby elkanofan » Sat May 14, 2022 3:21 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:Stop making excuses!! If we want CL footie we have to be good enough to beat the opposition whatever night of the week. If the players aren't up for the next two matches they shouldn't be in top flight football.

Excuses are not required.

We've had more than 3 games directly impacted by refs the year, but just these 3...

0-0 vs Spurs - clear red card for Spurs player not given - 3 pts dropped
1-0 up against Palace - clearest red card of all time not given to a Palace player - 2 points dropped
1-0 up against Everton - 2 clear red cards not given to Everton players - 3 points dropped.

The refs have taken away between 6-8 points in those three games alone. That is a fact, not an excuse.

As for the midweek night games, I see no reason for us to have had to play 13 PL matches midweek in the evening in one season - even with COVID.
IN fact when we were Covid ravaged we had to play the opening game of the season on a Friday night.

The Newcastle game will be extra tough because it's a Monday night and the ref will set out to influence the result against us.
We'll have to be totally dominant to win the game.
Jay. You should download the filth game again and watch it back. Before Holding got set off, not once did we head any of their crosses away or deal with anything from their flanks. They open us up easily and at will. This is because our tactics were shit as usual under Arteta.

We were a total mess for 23-25 minutes off the ball in a nonsense 3-1-5-1 after that first cross we deslt with badly after 7 minutes was the story of the entire match, we were marking space while Spurs passes around us on the flanks at will. Martinelli was so confused on his positioning in his LWB role, he didnt know if to drop really deep which was the start of our embarrasing, naive defensive display since this tactic destroyed our frontline press and just invited crosses and long balls which eventually ruined us and lead to Holding panicking and commiting a clear foul on Son to deservedly get sent off.

You need to look past the mysteron nonsense we see from Arteta and his people in trying to con you into thinking hes some bright young manager. He's an egomaniac who lives the status and lifestyle of being our manager and the lack of pressure from greedy owners who gave him that Wenger like security for just winning the FA Cup in 2020.

We go down to 10 men a lot because we have a naive manager who leaves players undisciplined and exposed when things dont go easily our way.

The filth had harder matches vs Leicester's B team, Brighton and Southampton this season who all have managers who are far better than Arteta.
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sat May 14, 2022 5:31 pm

Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Yes they did.

You are saying then that Arsenal was incapable of winning those matches because the opposition had 11 men on the field. It was down to the team to score more goals. Leeds went down to 10 men and we were hanging on in the end.

No.
I am saying that but for the referee cheating we would have picked up 6-8 more points in those 3 games.
There is no doubt the ref cheated in the instances I highlighted. There is no other explanation.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sat May 14, 2022 5:41 pm

elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:Stop making excuses!! If we want CL footie we have to be good enough to beat the opposition whatever night of the week. If the players aren't up for the next two matches they shouldn't be in top flight football.

Excuses are not required.

We've had more than 3 games directly impacted by refs the year, but just these 3...

0-0 vs Spurs - clear red card for Spurs player not given - 3 pts dropped
1-0 up against Palace - clearest red card of all time not given to a Palace player - 2 points dropped
1-0 up against Everton - 2 clear red cards not given to Everton players - 3 points dropped.

The refs have taken away between 6-8 points in those three games alone. That is a fact, not an excuse.

As for the midweek night games, I see no reason for us to have had to play 13 PL matches midweek in the evening in one season - even with COVID.
IN fact when we were Covid ravaged we had to play the opening game of the season on a Friday night.

The Newcastle game will be extra tough because it's a Monday night and the ref will set out to influence the result against us.
We'll have to be totally dominant to win the game.
Jay. You should download the filth game again and watch it back. Before Holding got set off, not once did we head any of their crosses away or deal with anything from their flanks. They open us up easily and at will. This is because our tactics were shit as usual under Arteta.

We were a total mess for 23-25 minutes off the ball in a nonsense 3-1-5-1 after that first cross we deslt with badly after 7 minutes was the story of the entire match, we were marking space while Spurs passes around us on the flanks at will. Martinelli was so confused on his positioning in his LWB role, he didnt know if to drop really deep which was the start of our embarrasing, naive defensive display since this tactic destroyed our frontline press and just invited crosses and long balls which eventually ruined us and lead to Holding panicking and commiting a clear foul on Son to deservedly get sent off.

You need to look past the mysteron nonsense we see from Arteta and his people in trying to con you into thinking hes some bright young manager. He's an egomaniac who lives the status and lifestyle of being our manager and the lack of pressure from greedy owners who gave him that Wenger like security for just winning the FA Cup in 2020.

We go down to 10 men a lot because we have a naive manager who leaves players undisciplined and exposed when things dont go easily our way.

The filth had harder matches vs Leicester's B team, Brighton and Southampton this season who all have managers who are far better than Arteta.

Good post :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Goonerred » Sat May 14, 2022 6:27 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Yes they did.

No.
I am saying that but for the referee cheating we would have picked up 6-8 more points in those 3 games.
There is no doubt the ref cheated in the instances I highlighted. There is no other explanation.

You do not know that we would have gained those points, as I pointed out Leeds were down to ten men and they scored a goal to our none in that time. In two games you mentioned we were 1 up, one we drew and one we couldn't see out to a team that hadn't won a game this side of Christmas we had 11 v 11, nothing to do with the ref, we could still have beaten those team if were were good enough, red cards or not. You need to look at our team performances rather than the refs.
Goonerred

Postby jayramfootball » Sat May 14, 2022 6:43 pm

Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Yes they did.

No.

You do not know that we would have gained those points, as I pointed out Leeds were down to ten men and they scored a goal to our none in that time. In two games you mentioned we were 1 up, one we drew and one we couldn't see out to a team that hadn't won a game this side of Christmas we had 11 v 11, nothing to do with the ref, we could still have beaten those team if were were good enough, red cards or not. You need to look at our team performances rather than the refs.

Our performances are fine.
We’ve had a good season.

That is irrelevant to the fact that in the instances I pointed out the ref cheated to allow players to stay in the field against us.
It is almost certain we win from 1-0 up against 10 men. Almost certain we don’t lose against 10 men at 0-0
Not a guarantee, no, but doesn’t change the fact the ref cheated against us in those games.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Sat May 14, 2022 6:47 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Yes they did.

No.

We’ve had a good season.

That is irrelevant to the fact that in the instances I pointed out the ref cheated to allow players to stay in the field against us.
It is almost certain we win from 1-0 up against 10 men. Almost certain we don’t lose against 10 men at 0-0
Not a guarantee, no, but doesn’t change the fact the ref cheated against us in those games.

Clearly they weren't in those matches or we would have won 11 v 11, one up in two matches and we couldn't win.
Goonerred

Postby jayramfootball » Sat May 14, 2022 6:50 pm

Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Yes they did.

No.

We’ve had a good season.

Clearly they weren't in those matches or we would have won 11 v 11, one up in two matches and we couldn't win.

It’s just a bit easier easier to win when 1-0 up against 10 men, obviously. Would have thought that would go without saying, but apparently not :rolleyes:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Sat May 14, 2022 6:52 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Yes they did.

No.

We’ve had a good season.

It’s just a bit easier easier to win when 1-0 up against 10 men, obviously. Would have thought that would go without saying, but apparently not :rolleyes:

We should be good enough to win 11 v 11 I thought that would be obvious, but apparently not.
Goonerred

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sat May 14, 2022 8:05 pm

Formation: 4-3-3

Starting XI:

Ramsdale;

Tomiyasu, White, Magalhaes, Saka;

Odegaard (C), Elneny, Xhaka;

Martinelli, Nketiah, Smith-Rowe.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 14, 2022 9:33 pm

It's going to be Tomiyasu and Xhaka at centre back. We're screwed!
Ramsdale/Turner
Tomiyasu/???--White/Saliba--Gabriel/Trusty--Tierney/Tavares
Partey/Sambi--???/???
Saka/Pepe--Odegaard/Smith Rowe--Martinelli/Smith Rowe
???/???
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 15, 2022 6:13 am

Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Yes they did.

No.

We’ve had a good season.

We should be good enough to win 11 v 11 I thought that would be obvious, but apparently not.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :rofll: :rofll:
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Live Match Day Chat