POSTPONED | Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal | Premier League

Chat here before, during and after the match.
Also get the squad news as it happens.

Re: 16/01/22 | Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby tweetstreet » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:00 am

1) The impact of COVID-19 infections on a club's squad, as well as injuries, illness and those isolating, and the number of players available [which could remove AFCON players I suppose] on the squad list and any Under-21 players with appropriate experience. Where a club cannot field 13 outfield players and a goalkeeper either from its squad list or its appropriately experienced Under-21 players, the match will be postponed.
2) The status of any COVID-19 outbreak within a club, including the number of individuals affected, the sequence and source of infections and their proximity to the match in question.
3) A club's ability to safely prepare its players in the lead-up to a match.
4) Medical advice as to whether there is any unacceptable risk to the health and safety of players and staff by playing the match.
5) Any advice from UK Health Security Agency and other public bodies.
6) Any other exceptional circumstances.

That’s apparently the rules. Apparently Liverpool’s squad size is nearly double ours and just imagine how many players Chelsea have on loan that they could recall to play,

I’m guessing a lot of teams are saying their u21’s haven’t got the experience
tweetstreet
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:36 am

Phil71 wrote:I have a strong feeling they're going to refuse us.

Obviously. Especially if VAR get involved.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:09 am

dc16 wrote:

Hypocrisy at its finest. Where were you when Liverpool were faking covid tests?

I got no problem if we are made to play and I hope that it inspires us to feel hard done by and some how we get a win. If the clubs have all decided to go on and play then that should be the decision for all clubs, no matter.

They should have spoken out earlier but they didn’t but as soon as we do it then it becomes a problem all of a sudden.

I can't stand him or that arsehole Carragher.

Both annoying c****.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:11 am

Neville is right

But saying it after arsenal request for a postponement instead of multiple games being called off previously does smack of anti arsenal
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:57 am

Just say 4 players have tested positive today including both GKs... if they ask for another test under supervision just claim false positive. Isn't that what Liverpool did ?
alexafc12
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:15 pm

Phil71 wrote:
dc16 wrote:

I got no problem if we are made to play and I hope that it inspires us to feel hard done by and somehow we get a win. If the clubs have all decided to go on and play then that should be the decision for all clubs, no matter.

They should have spoken out earlier but they didn’t but as soon as we do it then it becomes a problem all of a sudden.

Both annoying c****.

On that we can agree, a pair of hypocritical numpties.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:17 pm

Ach wrote:Neville is right

But saying it after arsenal request for a postponement instead of multiple games being called off previously does smack of anti arsenal

I agree it has to stop, but why TF didn't they kick up this much fuss when the Dippers didn't play.
Nuggets

Postby BexleyGooner » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:20 pm

Seeing a lot of Twitter rumours that the games on.

I honestly would rather just forfeit and fck sky and the epl over than go out there, keep them happy and rich and just get smashed 4 or 5 nil.
BexleyGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mrblonde » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:26 pm

Injuries: Little sympathy here. Happens to every team. Okay, your team got hit with the Injury Stick a lot this week? Bugger. Deal with it.
African Cup of Nations (or whatever it's called): 100% no sympathy. You should surely know which country each of your players are eligible to represent. You should also be aware of the FIFA International Windows and - in this case - any major International Tournaments. So you should know that Auba is 100% going to be picked for Gabon etc and plan for it.

Would Arsenal make plans for players who were playing for England or another European nation? Of course the eff they would!

Covid issues are the only thing that should be in play, here.

I want to see the Gunners smash Spurs on Monday NZT and I will not be denied!
mrblonde
Patrick Vieira

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:29 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:Seeing a lot of Twitter rumours that the games on.

I honestly would rather just forfeit and fck sky and the epl over than go out there, keep them happy and rich and just get smashed 4 or 5 nil.

I don't think that will happen they played well when their backs were against the wall I expect them to rise to the challenge :pray:
Nuggets

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:33 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
dc16 wrote:

I got no problem if we are made to play and I hope that it inspires us to feel hard done by and somehow we get a win. If the clubs have all decided to go on and play then that should be the decision for all clubs, no matter.

Both annoying c****.

On that we can agree, a pair of hypocritical numpties.

It's because it's a Super Sunday game on Sky Sports and NLD. It's all about ratings. These guys are full of shit.
Power n Glory
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:26 pm

If I'm being honest ...........

How many Covid cases do we have? Odegaard and that's it right?

Tomi is clear now, ESR injured, Partey, Auba, Elneny and Pepe are all AFCON and Xhaka is Xhaka, Balogun and AMN on loan.

I think in reality AFC is just feeling sorry for themselves and want to take advantage just like those fake ass Liverpool false positive lot did but the honest truth is 90% of our absentees are self inflicted, not due to Covid.

Liverpool went the extra mile to decieve, we haven't, so I don't think the league will postpone us for one or two Covid cases.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby NJ_Gunner » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:32 pm

If this goes forward, we thinkin midfield of maybe Sambi and Nuno behind Laca? Or nuno as a wing? He will have to start somewhere lol
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Phil71 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:34 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:If I'm being honest ...........

How many Covid cases do we have? Odegaard and that's it right?

Tomi is clear now, ESR injured, Partey, Auba, Elneny and Pepe are all AFCON and Xhaka is Xhaka, Balogun and AMN on loan.

I think in reality AFC is just feeling sorry for themselves and want to take advantage just like those fake ass Liverpool false positive lot did but the honest truth is 90% of our absentees are self inflicted, not due to Covid.

Liverpool went the extra mile to decieve, we haven't, so I don't think the league will postpone us for one or two Covid cases.

No... it's about doing everything you can to gain an advantage. If other clubs are doing it why shouldn't we?

I agree that the whole thing is a farce, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You can't liberally grant match postponements then suddenly say no when the circumstances are no different to those that there were in some of the other postponements - particularly Leicester, who gave more or less the same reason as us for wanting to postpone - and they were granted it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby themessiah » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:36 pm

Phil71 wrote:
dc16 wrote:

I got no problem if we are made to play and I hope that it inspires us to feel hard done by and some how we get a win. If the clubs have all decided to go on and play then that should be the decision for all clubs, no matter.

Both annoying c****.

Neville stated he should of spoke earlier about games being called off.
Funny that he ducked it when Utd & dippers etc are openly flaunting the rules but The Arsenal make a request & then he gets it out.
Snidey Manchester Mac rat….Same with jamie carragher the scouse c***..
themessiah
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Live Match Day Chat