18/09/21 | Burnley 0-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Chat here before, during and after the match.
Also get the squad news as it happens.

Re: 18/09/21 | Burnley vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:11 am

Xhaka, how he is missed
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:35 pm

Ach wrote:Xhaka, how he is missed

Its like Arteta has an addiction to self harm.

Watch Xhaka waltz right into our first team line up and the whole team will suffer from the slow down in play.

Won't see 30 shots with Xhaka slowing us up, he'll more than half that figure, we'll be back to 5-8 shots per game.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Watch Xhaka waltz right into our first team line up and the whole team will suffer from the slow down in play.

Won't see 30 shots with Xhaka slowing us up, he'll more than half that figure, we'll be back to 5-8 shots per game.

My support is taken a significant percentage hit from 60% if Xhaka waltz's straight back into the team.
No f***ing way. Our midfield actually looked like it was trying to do something against Norwich.
jayramfootball
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:25 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

My support is taken a significant percentage hit from 60% if Xhaka waltz's straight back into the team.
No f***ing way. Our midfield actually looked like it was trying to do something against Norwich.

Like i said in other pages xhaka is seen as Arteta midfeild experience if he is fit he is playing
VCC
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:33 am

To his credit, Arteta did drop Bellerin and Willian. Something that all of us thought he would never do. So, let's hope for the best.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:59 am

Xhaka is Arteta's quarterback, like it or not. He is constantly talking to him to relay instructions to the other players. He is the only one who does this reliably, which is why he will stroll back to the starting XI when his suspension ends.

Arteta probably wishes EPL was more like NFL where a player could have an earpiece to be in constant contact with the coach.
Highbury Hillbilly
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby fred1266 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:40 pm

fred1266
Michael Thomas

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:17 am

Formation: 4-3-3

Starting XI:

Ramsdale;

White, Tomiyasu, Magalhaes', Tierney;

Partey, Smith-Rowe, Lokonga;

Pepe, Aubameyang, Martinelli.

Substitutes:

Leno; Mari, Tavares; Odegaard, Saka; Lacazette.
thebigbangtheo
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Goonerred » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:43 pm

I can't wait for this match. I just want us to get this season properly underway just to see where we're at.
Goonerred
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:41 pm

Goonerred wrote:I can't wait for this match. I just want us to get this season properly underway just to see where we're at.

We're at 17th and the season started 4 games ago.

The Premier League isn't going to wait for Arteta.

Actually I can't believe he's gotten this much breathing room from one sht marginal victory against lowly Norwich, honestly you'd think we went 1-0 against Liverpool.

Never seen Arsenal so low in the table in consequent years, battling from 15th, 17th ....... its a fkin disgrace given the money we spent as a club and the size of the organisation.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Goonerred wrote:I can't wait for this match. I just want us to get this season properly underway just to see where we're at.

Actually I can't believe he's gotten this much breathing room from one sht marginal victory against lowly Norwich, honestly you'd think we went 1-0 against Liverpool.

Never seen Arsenal so low in the table in consequent years, battling from 15th, 17th ....... its a fkin disgrace given the money we spent as a club and the size of the organisation.

Four games is nothing. Not that I think we are doing brilliantly, but I hate the speculation. Let's do good or get rid of him.
Goonerred
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Do you mean in consecutive years?
Last year we were 4th after 4 games.
The season before we were 5th after 4 games.

4 games gives little indication of how the season will pan out really.
Really wouldn't be overly concerned - after 10 games we can get an early read. Before then? Not really.
jayramfootball
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:37 pm

Yeah a win really gets us going with the North London derby to come.
Given Spurs have Chelsea this week, we may even be going into the SPuds game having a win bring us level with them.
So early in the season still.
jayramfootball
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:43 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Really wouldn't be overly concerned - after 10 games we can get an early read. Before then? Not really.

I'm happy to wait 10 games.

Actually the next 6 games will tell us all we need to know.

If we can't beat the following teams who are all middle and lower tier teams then we're screwed.

Burnley
Spurs
Brighton
Crystal Palace
Aston Villa
Leicester city

Any typical Arsenal team or team destined for top 6 will beat all of those teams, there are no killers in that group, none of the top 4.

Spurs and Leicester should be the only teams there to offer a game, everyone else should be beaten, Villa don't even have Grealish anymore so are no longer the threat they were last year so no excuses.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:37 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I'm happy to wait 10 games.

Actually the next 6 games will tell us all we need to know.

If we can't beat the following teams who are all middle and lower tier teams then we're screwed.

Burnley
Spurs
Brighton
Crystal Palace
Aston Villa
Leicester city

Any typical Arsenal team or team destined for top 6 will beat all of those teams, there are no killers in that group, none of the top 4.

Spurs and Leicester should be the only teams there to offer a game, everyone else should be beaten, Villa don't even have Grealish anymore so are no longer the threat they were last year so no excuses.

I agree but there will be, we wuz robbed by the ref, all decisions went against us, if we had only taken our chances, everybody hates us in the media so it's affecting the team. When we don't beat this lot the only excuse that won't be used by some is Arteta is shite because according to some he just needs time. I have put us down to win 3-1 but that's because I want us to not that I think we will.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Live Match Day Chat