28/02/21 | Leicester City 1-3 Arsenal | Premier League

Chat here before, during and after the match.
Also get the squad news as it happens.

Re: 28/02/21 | Leicester City 1-3 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Phil71 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:54 pm

Callum wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Callum wrote:
Özim wrote:As someone else eluded to though, needs to win the EL to save his job, midtable isn’t good enough.

He doesn't, though. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you want him sacked and expect him to be if we don't win the Europa League.

He does! Just because you have lowered your standard to allow the foolishness Arteta has been giving us as acceptable that doesn't mean the rest of us should.

It also doesn't matter what the club will or won't do, the point is, in Ozim's opinion, winning the EL is the minimum requirement for him staying on, for me finishing top 6 is a minimum requirement. Both are statements for what we think is acceptable, you can't tell us we are wrong, looool, are you the forum Hitler or something?!

I'm not talking about what should or shouldn't happen, I'm talking about what's likely to happen. I have no issue with you wanting Arteta gone but he's not going to be sacked if he doesn't win the Europa League.

Of course you are quite right.
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:57 pm

Callum wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Callum wrote:
Özim wrote:As someone else eluded to though, needs to win the EL to save his job, midtable isn’t good enough.

He doesn't, though. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you want him sacked and expect him to be if we don't win the Europa League.

He does! Just because you have lowered your standard to allow the foolishness Arteta has been giving us as acceptable that doesn't mean the rest of us should.

It also doesn't matter what the club will or won't do, the point is, in Ozim's opinion, winning the EL is the minimum requirement for him staying on, for me finishing top 6 is a minimum requirement. Both are statements for what we think is acceptable, you can't tell us we are wrong, looool, are you the forum Hitler or something?!

I'm not talking about what should or shouldn't happen, I'm talking about what's likely to happen. I have no issue with you wanting Arteta gone but he's not going to be sacked if he doesn't win the Europa League.

Fan power even got rid of Wenger in the end.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:59 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Callum wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Callum wrote:

Fan power even got rid of Wenger in the end.

Yes, after year-after-year of unrest. It was also after a power struggle between him and Gazidis, whereas the powers that be at the club now—Edu and Vinai—have aligned themselves with Arteta after his promotion to manager. If they sack him, it looks like they've failed.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:10 pm

It wasn't fan power that got rid of Wenger. It was failure to qualify for the CL two years running. The first year they gave him some space based on his previous successes. When it happened twice that was his lot.

People shouldn't fool themselves by thinking the owners give an ounce of shit about what disgruntled fans might think. They most certainly do not.
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Previous

Return to Arsenal Live Match Day Chat