22/11/20 | Leeds United 0-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Chat here before, during and after the match.
Also get the squad news as it happens.

Re: 22/11/20 | Leeds United 0-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:58 pm

KG3 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Granit Xhaka completed zero passes to Joe Willock and just three to Ceballos.

Willock didn't complete a single pass to Xhaka, just two to Ceballos and none to Aubameyang.

The player with the most completed passes to Pierre Emerick Aubameyang in the Leeds match was Bernd Leno with five.

The lack of creativity in a nutshell.

Couple of Tweets seen on Twitter.

What happens when you play someone with no football intelligence as the main creator, not one did I see Willock make himself available to receive a pass from the Cabellos/Xhaka, every time he had the ball he had no idea what to do with it just runs like a headless chicken, no vision or ability to execute a through ball.

I literally stated this, hence why I'm against us playing 4-3-3.

What's the point when we don't have a top tier CAM?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:36 am

we do.

we just have a bin tier manager.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Santi wrote:That's well and good but how many poor results and poor performances did we have in those seasons? In isolation this result wouldn't be awful but it's not even close to being an isolated result.

Not isolated when it happened in 4 of the 6 seasons... dropping points against newly promoted teams
88/89 is legendary because of the win at anfield and some of the games, Nottingham forest away springs to mind
But we lost at Sheffield Wednesday and drew at home
Drew at Luton
Drew at West Ham
Drew home to charlton
And there were others
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018

Postby Santi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:30 pm

Isolated in the seasons I meant. You’re showing poor results against promoted teams and then saying we won the league those seasons as if it means this result wasn’t bad or worse yet, that we could win the title this season.

In isolation this result isn’t awful. In line with the rest of our results this season, it’s pretty shit and we needed to do better.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:11 am

Santi wrote:Isolated in the seasons I meant. You’re showing poor results against promoted teams and then saying we won the league those seasons as if it means this result wasn’t bad or worse yet, that we could win the title this season.

In isolation this result isn’t awful. In line with the rest of our results this season, it’s pretty shit and we needed to do better.

Oh yes
We definitely need to improve
I was originally answering the hackneyed old point about how could we lose to so and so that always crops up as unoriginaly as tired old lazy things like farmers, pubbers etc that some seem to think give them the comedy chops of mrs maisel
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018

Postby Hybrid47 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:37 am

I don't know if you guys listen to the Arsenal Vision Podcast but ClivePAFC has such good game analysis.

He hits the nail on the head most of the time and also highlights the fact we have thick players. You need a certain amount of smart footballers in the team to identify attacking and defensive moments.

We have a number of players that aren't smart and the highest footballing iq player isn't in the squad. It's madness game to game that more issues with this side are highlighted.

I was all for Arteta coming in and backing him but we're are going into the Emery side of things where there's no obvious footballing philosophy and performances are really really poor.
Hybrid47
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:18 pm

Hybrid47 wrote:I don't know if you guys listen to the Arsenal Vision Podcast but ClivePAFC has such good game analysis.

He hits the nail on the head most of the time and also highlights the fact we have thick players. You need a certain amount of smart footballers in the team to identify attacking and defensive moments.

We have a number of players that aren't smart and the highest footballing iq player isn't in the squad. It's madness game to game that more issues with this side are highlighted.

I was all for Arteta coming in and backing him but we're are going into the Emery side of things where there's no obvious footballing philosophy and performances are really really poor.

It's the podcast I look forwards to after every game. Clive was great as usual and their insight into how we set up tactically is always valuable.
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Arsenal Live Match Day Chat