17/10/20 | Manchester City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Chat here before, during and after the match.
Also get the squad news as it happens.

Re: 17/10/20 | Manchester City 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:57 am

DiamondGooner wrote:I didn't see it but I know it was 1-0.

I literally can't talk, too p*ssed.

............. it could of been worse.

By the way when I said "p*ssed" I mean't drunk not p*ssed as in angry lol.

Just in case anyone didn't get the gist.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:02 am

It was a close game. Nothing to go crazy over considering the last time we faced them we beat them 2-0.
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 am

UFGN wrote:Sometimes when you play football matches you lose

I dont like losing but as long as its respectable and not a shitshow I can take it

The club is in a good place. This will be a good season

Its not about the result for me, as losing to city can happen

My issue is the gameplan and the mentality. We showed city far too much respect. Furthermore, artetas changes as usual were far too late. After the 70th minute It seems that Mikel and our players were satisfied with the 1-0 and we didnt really bother. Appalling to say the least, because city were average and we could of gotten a result.

Also, our football has been plain boring all season, bar fulham. We had all summer to adress our creativity issues, and we didnt.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:42 am

I dont like losing but as long as its respectable and not a shitshow I can take it

Agreed. I'd be more pissed and worried if we took a beating and it was 3-0 like the last away City game.
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Hybrid47 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:00 am

Same as a few here, people need to put things into perspective. This was City away and minus a few players they are still a much better team than us.

I did have some issues with the line up as Partey and Laca should have started. Partey to progress the ball through midfield and Laca for the hold up play.

1 nil isn't a bad result by any stretch. Performance wasn't great but people thinking we are going to outplay City football wise are deluded lol. Player for player they are just better simple as.
Hybrid47
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:32 am

Such a cop out to just go ‘city are better than us, we were always going to lose’ type comments.

In that case why did we even turn up? Might as well forfeit and take a week extra rest. No team should turn up to play city then as player for player they’re always gonna be better and as such, won’t drop any points.

I must’ve imagined Leeds and Leicester taking 4 points off them.
Santi
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:32 am

Dejan wrote:

Its not about the result for me, as losing to city can happen

My issue is the gameplan and the mentality. We showed city far too much respect. Furthermore, artetas changes as usual were far too late. After the 70th minute It seems that Mikel and our players were satisfied with the 1-0 and we didnt really bother. Appalling to say the least, because city were average and we could of gotten a result.

Also, our football has been plain boring all season, bar fulham. We had all summer to adress our creativity issues, and we didnt.

Exactly. Dejano the goat.
Santi
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:34 am

Power n Glory wrote:

Agreed. I'd be more pissed and worried if we took a beating and it was 3-0 like the last away City game.

And it seems that’s exactly what Arteta was looking for. Take a soft beating to keep the fans happy rather than try to win and risk us taking the ‘normal 3-0’ and having DT all over AFTV saying NOTHINGS CHANGED.

Kind of smart but a huge pussy move imo.
Santi
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:40 am

Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

And it seems that’s exactly what Arteta was looking for. Take a soft beating to keep the fans happy rather than try to win and risk us taking the ‘normal 3-0’ and having DT all over AFTV saying NOTHINGS CHANGED.

Kind of smart but a huge pussy move imo.

Not exactly. Saka should have scored, Auba should have scored and Pepe should have done better with those two headers.

In a game where you won't have many chances you have to make those chances count. We were unlucky not score. Keeper did well to save but we need to be clinical in the big games. We weren't out classed but we need to work on finishing our chances.
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:06 pm

They didn't even give it a go, they were to afraid to play, it was a gutless performance and a lot of the blame must go to the manager he seemed happy with the 1-0 loss???
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner

Postby Özim » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:15 pm

3 points is 3 points at the end of the day, Man U got hammered by Spurs but it’s still just 3 points lost, we should have had more of a go, especially when 1-0 down, we had nothing to lose, thought we were way too cautious.
Özim
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Parzival38 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Considering how these types of games have gone for us over the last 10 years, I was happy with lots of things. Solid defensively, good pressing etc., and we didn't look like we were going to be over run at at any point. But I agree, if you're 1 nil down with 30 minutes left, you might as well give it go and we didn't seem to do that, which was disappointing. Still, I can see progress and I'm happy with that.

We have lots of tricky games in the next few months, so I think it will be the second half of the season before we can put a run together and get some momentum going.

It takes time to turn things around without wads of cash, but we are slowly getting there. Keep the faith!
Parzival38
Patrick Vieira

Postby Angelito » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:33 pm

Santi wrote:Such a cop out to just go ‘city are better than us, we were always going to lose’ type comments.

In that case why did we even turn up? Might as well forfeit and take a week extra rest. No team should turn up to play city then as player for player they’re always gonna be better and as such, won’t drop any points.

I must’ve imagined Leeds and Leicester taking 4 points off them.

Never saw that excuse pop up when we were getting schooled by Barca and Bayern.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:22 pm

The fact that Leeds and Leicester did well against them is meaningless. Every team has good and bad days and yesterday Citeh put in a very strong performance. Quite simply they snuffed us out in the middle and made it very difficult for us to create anything.

On another day perhaps Saka and Auba would have both scored but it wasn’t to be. Otherwise, I wasn’t unhappy with our performance. Frustrated, but felt the team did alright.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:31 pm

Power n Glory wrote:It was a close game. Nothing to go crazy over considering the last time we faced them we beat them 2-0.

Last time we played them at Man City we lost 3-0
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Live Match Day Chat