25/11/18 | AFC Bournemouth 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 25/11/18 | AFC Bournemouth vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby coolaa » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:41 am

Angelito wrote:^ All this tells me is that we desperately need direct wingers. City have two top class wingers in Sane and Sterling. Chelsea have Hazard and Willian. Liverpool have Mane and Salah.

Why is it that we are always 2-3 players short? It's been the story of Arsenal in the Emirates era.

Dun think we have the money for it. Signing auba and laca are already beyond what the stingy korenke family would normally do...
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby thebigbangtheo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:38 am

Pudpop wrote:
coolaa wrote:Would wanna try 352

leno
Mustafi Holding Sokratis
Bellerin Mkhitaryan Torreira Ozil Kolasinac
Lacazette Aubameyang

Holding move forward a bit to help Torreira winning midfield header. Mustafi and Sokratis are quick enough as wide CB.

Mkhitaryan-torreira- Ozil have the skills to keep the ball in the mid.

Bellrin and Kolasinac to play with high energy football, and sub off these 2 wings backs with iwobi and AMN.

At first I thought nah it isn't as good as the 4312 people have been talking about... But on second thought I actually think this could work. Ozil and Mkhi essentially sharing the CM defensive duties, the Fullbacks having complete freedom knowing that 3 CBs and Torreira are backing them up and it means we have our two most creative players in central roles behind our two most dangerous goalscorers in central roles...

Could be something in that formation

Having suggested this formation on the tactics thread for the visit of Liverpool in countering their attacking threat, and instead giving van Dijk and co something to think about with lacca and auba in tandem, I agree that this might be the best way to utilise the players that we do have.

Based on a fully fit squad, I'm inclined to think that our best starting XI would consist of Leno in goal with Papastathopulos, Mavropanos and Koschielny as the 3 defenders. The good pace, reading and readiness to engage quickly of the two flanking centre backs should ensure we don't leave space to be exploited and follow the example of Conte's title winning defense. No need to elaborate on the young Greek other than to say I think he's the business, the real McCoy.

No need to elaborate on Torreira either other than he'd be in his element playing bang in the centre like he does for his country. Similarly, the roles for Ozil and Mkhitaryan have already been referenced in the initial and subsequent posts above, with only the additional consideration of these two being on form and at it together (stop the adolescent sniggering please) ahead of el torrito could easily rival City's midfield panache.

Laccazette and Aubameyang together up front...nuff said.

That just leaves the wing back positions, and to this end I'm more in favour of Maitland-Niles and Iwobi. Both are technically better than our regular full backs, are able to swap sides, offer BETTER physicality and likelihood of defensive improvement given that both Bellerin and Kolasinac seem to have stagnated in this regards.

If it were possible to do body swaps like in the films Big and Freaky Friday, Lichtsteiner and Monreal possessing the bodies of Bellerin and Kolasinac would be f***ing awesome!
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby BrunelGooner » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Gonna be a tough game, but after drawing the last 3 games in a row, we need to win this. Won't be easy at all, but Bournemouth aren't invincible and have had some rocky results of late. Although their home form is pretty good, so we will need to perform far better than we did against Wolves if we truly want to win this fixture.

Hoping there are no (new) injury concerns following this International break, would be the last thing we need.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby coolaa » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:00 am

i like your idea of having 3CB with koscielny, mavropanos and sokratis
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby magicarshavin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Leno

Bellerin Sokratis Koscielny Monreal

Torreira Xhaka

MesutOzil Lacazette Mkhitaryan

Aubameyang
Leno

Martinez

Mustafi Luiz PabloMari

Saliba .. Holding .. Medley

Niles Ceballos Xhaka Tierney

OseiTutu .. Willock .. SmithRowe .. Saka

Willian

Nketiah

Pepe ---------- Auba

Nelson ........... Martinelli
magicarshavin
Michael Thomas

Postby Pudpop » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:46 am

Kos should be fit enough to play soon right? They predicted November and he's been in full training for over a month
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:48 am

Pudpop wrote:Kos should be fit enough to play soon right? They predicted November and he's been in full training for over a month

First time in years a predicted injury return has been pretty much accurate seeing as he has been back in full training for a while now.

We don't need to rush him back so I assume the plan will be to ease him back in gradually as he will almost certainly suffer the residual muscle injury that typically follows such a lengthy lay off as his body realigns itself properly.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby #ST » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 am

Plus we'll need him in december so I don't mind that it takes a little bit longer
Hopefully Sokratis - Kos can start playing games together soon, I have high hopes for that duo
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:31 pm

SuperTurrek wrote:Plus we'll need him in december so I don't mind that it takes a little bit longer
Hopefully Sokratis - Kos can start playing games together soon, I have high hopes for that duo

Both fully fit, I believe they are currently our number one centre back pairing. If we could achieve that over the course of the next few weeks and not be proven completely wrong, the real pay off could be Holding & Mavropanos then getting paired up for all the cup and Europa league games here on in, without disruption from Mustafi.

If that pairing can blossom and be nurtured to anywhere near realising their individual and collective potential, we could be at the threshold of a challenge to the legendary Bould & Adams partnership, whilst infinite debate and conjecture awaits.

High praise indeed, but I don't believe it is unwarranted or completely without foundation.

Yes, we have drawn from the well of potential many, many times before only to find that some t**t had swapped our bucket for a colander, but this pair fits the profile we have been banging on about for longer than I care to remember.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby #ST » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:12 pm

I think we are on the same page but it really looks like Emery is in love with Mustafi
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:05 am

SuperTurrek wrote:I think we are on the same page but it really looks like Emery is in love with Mustafi

New managers will always be tasked by the execs to make a success of players they have forked out the most money on because if those players drop in value we're literally losing millions every time Mustafi has a sh*t game.

Its of no surprise these players are Mustafi and Xhaka in particular.

There is something to be said about players allowing themselves to be sold too cheap, player value is as much to do with the initial investment as it is about your actual skill as a player ......... to the board at least.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:25 am

Glad the international break is over. It's annoying having one almost every month of the season.

Would be nice to see Kos back, but I'm all for easing him in, especially since he's a 33-year-old coming back from a ruptured Achilles.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Gunners61 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:36 am

Finally match day! I hate international breaks, new organisation UEFA Nations League is really kill our football passion who want to see international games in every two weeks. For game i expect we'll see lots of goals hope 3 points because we really need it.
ARSENAL
TILL
I
DIE
Gunners61
Liam Brady

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:22 am

Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp