22/10/18 | Arsenal 3-1 Leicester City | Premier League

Re: 22/10/18 | Arsenal vs Leicester City | Premier League

Postby Rockape » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:02 am

Santi wrote:hate when we play on mondays, can we leave that shit to the likes of newcastle and man utd plz

Well, I quite like it, as I'm not doing anything, there's nothing else going on, so I can watch it and hopefully enjoy a good win.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:11 am

thebigbangtheo wrote:Feeling just a little bit of trepidation brought about by the interlull putting a bit of a dampener on the rising optimism surrounding the club.

It's no doubt due to the conditioning I've undergone after all the false dawns and unrewarded positive mental attitude over the years, but lets hope that's all consigned to the past now.

With varying degrees of success, City, Liverpool and Spuds have all carried on as they left off and why I think its crucial we do the same results wise.

Yes it was great how at times we played some proper Arsenal football against Fulham, and whilst like Oliver! I too would like some more, the result carries much more significance than the performance in this instance. 1-0, first minute own goal, drab yawn yawn game will do me just fine thank you.

If I come across as someone overly negative who has forgotten how to dare to dream, it's probably because I've felt like Bill Murray in Groundhog day living at 13 Elm Street.

The vast majority of reasonable football fans in this country would admit that AT TIMES over the years we have ON OCCASION played football befitting that of champions, but I doubt you'd find even one who thought we ever displayed the required mentality to match.

A slight irony is that we are playing Leicester, as it is the way that they won the league that I think we ought to try and emulate, being written off as genuine contenders right until they had actually won it.

Everything has already been said regards Laccazette and Aubameyang. In Iwobi and Mhkitaryan having done well for their countries along with Ozil being back (pun intended) available, Welbeck doing good and Ramsey being on a high, Emery is about to suffer the only ailment all managers and coaches do welcome, the selection headache.

In consideration of Leicester's possible pace and movement within their midfield, this might be a game to switch out Xhaka for Guendouzi.
Gotta disagree with the 1-0 being okay tonight. We've been squeaking out victories for a while now, but finally managed to put a team to the sword against Fulham. Statistically, we've been scoring too many goals for it to be realistically maintained, so I think tonight needs to be the game we show how much we've improved this season.

Tonight, we need the right team, the right performances AND the right result. We need good, dominant football against a mid table team.

At the end of the day, we play Liverpool in 2 weeks. They've regressed this season, we have improved. When we play them, we need to show how much we've improved and that we're serious about this season.

Otherwise we're just another top four challenger, nothing special. Not good enough, imo.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockape » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:14 am

Gotta disagree with the 1-0 being okay tonight. We've been squeaking out victories for a while now, but finally managed to put a team to the sword against Fulham. Statistically, we've been scoring too many goals for it to be realistically maintained, so I think tonight needs to be the game we show how much we've improved this season.

Tonight, we need the right team, the right performances AND the right result. We need good, dominant football against a mid table team.

At the end of the day, we play Liverpool in 2 weeks. They've regressed this season, we have improved. When we play them, we need to show how much we've improved and that we're serious about this season.

Otherwise we're just another top four challenger, nothing special. Not good enough, imo.

Quite right!

(2-0 then! :sneaky2: )
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:51 am

Pudpop wrote:Gotta disagree with the 1-0 being okay tonight. We've been squeaking out victories for a while now, but finally managed to put a team to the sword against Fulham. Statistically, we've been scoring too many goals for it to be realistically maintained, so I think tonight needs to be the game we show how much we've improved this season.

I hear what you're saying Pud. And if this was straight after the Fulham game I'd be quoting you verbatim. But my concern is that if some of that momentum has been curtailed, let it be at the expense of performance rather than result given we will still be moving forward having only suffered a slight stall and next game be in a position to do what City did to Burnley with 2 or 3 gears to spare, and take it from there.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Dejan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Destroy them 5-0 please

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:54 pm

I've missed looking at the clock every 15 minutes in anticipation of an Arsenal game. Feels good to have some optimism about the club.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby keremistanbul » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:43 pm

we dont have the best squad in the league, but the momentum we have is good to see. I expect a comfortable win with a 2 or 3 goal margin
keremistanbul
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Hmmm I don't think comfortable.

I think we'll be in for a fight and Leicester will be betting on catching us cold from the break.

Hopefully us being at home will make them less aggressive but again I trust Emery's prep, he doesn't shy on getting the guys in shape for a fight.

Team news will be very interesting on who starts / formation.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:01 pm

:goal1: On in UHD tonight so I can watch the goal fest in 4K clarity! :goal1:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:02 pm

LOOOOL who is this medley bloke on the bench?

Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fenice » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Pudpop wrote:LOOOOL who is this medley bloke on the bench?

Wondered as well.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Jedi » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Lmao that team looks horrible on paper. I guess we smash them 4-1
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Godlop » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:08 pm

Not having a real left back will hurt our attacking play a lot.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Trusting emery cos that's a shocking team.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Yeah, that's not good.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19