19/10/17 | Crvena Zvezda 0-1 Arsenal | Europa League

Re: 19/10/17 | Crvena Zvezda vs Arsenal | Europa League

Postby StellaRojas » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:07 am

Cripps wrote:Have you guys got anyone as good as Darko Pancev and Dejan Savicevic?

Only players I remember from 1991

We have got Nemanja Radonjic, whom you will hopefully see in his best light on Thursday. Four years ago he was the most talented Serbian player, bought by Roma, but he preferred nightlife and unhealthy lifestyle over football and that caused him to stagnate. Otherwise he would have been playing for RM or in the EPL now. However he is still 21, has been great for us since he came in July and I think he will play in one the top leagues. The next is our top scorer Richmond Boakye who has attracted a lot of interests from the EPL.
StellaRojas
Liam Brady

Postby StellaRojas » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:27 am

StellaRojas wrote:
Cripps wrote:Have you guys got anyone as good as Darko Pancev and Dejan Savicevic?

We have got Nemanja Radonjic, whom you will hopefully see in his best light on Thursday. Four years ago he was the most talented Serbian player, bought by Roma, but he preferred nightlife and unhealthy lifestyle over football and that caused him to stagnate. Otherwise, he would have been playing for RM or in the EPL now. However he is still 21, has been great for us since he came in July and I think he will play in one the top leagues. The very Savicevic has recently said that Radonjic has all it takes to become one of the best in Europe. We will see if Arsenal will inspire him. After all, Wenger likes that type of players so he might end up playing for you in some 2-3 years ( I was not taking a dig :sneaky2: To be honest, when I was first looking for your forum, I accidentally typed " Arsenal Wenger forum" in the search bar :dizzy: ). The next is our top scorer Richmond Boakye who has attracted a lot of interests from the EPL. Pancev was a Cobra, Boakye is a Boa, so there you go ;)
StellaRojas
Liam Brady

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:I see we now have a Yugoslav invasion to go with our turkish and german ones. :)

Fear not.

I am an American and we always help against Yugoslavian invasion! Just like we did against the Germans.

*Flexes muscles*

:biggrin:
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Filipov » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:23 pm

Mike Dean wrote:Fear not.

I am an American and we always help against Yugoslavian invasion! Just like we did against the Germans.

*Flexes muscles*

Favorite Albert Einstein quote: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Filipov
Liam Brady

Postby StellaRojas » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Filipov wrote:

*Flexes muscles*

Favorite Albert Einstein quote: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Let's say it was a failed, tasteless joke. :dontknow:
StellaRojas
Liam Brady

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:53 pm

StellaRojas wrote:
Filipov wrote:

*Flexes muscles*

Let's say it was a failed, tasteless joke. :dontknow:

Yes. Not the best attempt by Einstein, I have to say.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Wenger says Debuchy has traveled and will start this game.

#LANS :P
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Zenith wrote:Wenger says Debuchy has traveled and will start this game.

Forgot he even existed.

Will try to take his frustrations out on some poor opponent.

He will go out with an injury. Most likely in first half.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Pita » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:52 pm

This will be tuff game for us.
Pita
Liam Brady

Postby elkanofan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:00 pm

3-2 loss
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Just goes to show what Wenger thinks of him to just play him in this game. He must have really done something to p*** Wenger off.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Cripps » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Apparently Cech will start

Ospina injured? Or finally hes back as being number one as he should be
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 pm

To be honest i forgot Debuchy was still alive even.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:02 am

StellaRojas wrote:
StellaRojas wrote:

We have got Nemanja Radonjic, whom you will hopefully see in his best light on Thursday. Four years ago he was the most talented Serbian player, bought by Roma, but he preferred nightlife and unhealthy lifestyle over football and that caused him to stagnate. Otherwise, he would have been playing for RM or in the EPL now. However he is still 21, has been great for us since he came in July and I think he will play in one the top leagues. The very Savicevic has recently said that Radonjic has all it takes to become one of the best in Europe. We will see if Arsenal will inspire him. After all, Wenger likes that type of players so he might end up playing for you in some 2-3 years ( I was not taking a dig :sneaky2: To be honest, when I was first looking for your forum, I accidentally typed " Arsenal Wenger forum" in the search bar :dizzy: ). The next is our top scorer Richmond Boakye who has attracted a lot of interests from the EPL. Pancev was a Cobra, Boakye is a Boa, so there you go ;)

He has the same Zodiac as Cristiano Ronaldo and he does play a lot like him.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StellaRojas » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:58 am

elkanofan wrote:
StellaRojas wrote:
StellaRojas wrote:

He has the same Zodiac as Cristiano Ronaldo and he does play a lot like him.

Yes, it is obvious that he looks up to him. He spent 4 years emulating Ravel Morrison, so Cristiano Ronaldo is at least a step in the right direction. Anyway, had not it been for his antics off the pitch, we never would have gotten him.

In that video, he looked more like a sumo wrestler than a professional footballer, but he was still better than 90% of our league players. Which tells you a few things about our league, but also about his talent.

This was his first contact with the ball for us:

He does the same all the time, at least once in every match...Hopefully, against Arsenal too. There is a possibility that he will succumb to pressure and be invisible, but I hope that will not happen.
StellaRojas
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18