25/02/18 | Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City | Carabao Cup

Re: 25/02/18 | Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City | Carabao Cup

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:01 pm

gooney wrote:why are people getting angry at our players. They lost to a better team with better players. Or does anyone disagree with that? I mean bookies us had 6 times the money to win for a bloody reason

I already said today is on Wenger.

He set up parking the bus with a team designed for creativity, what could of gone wrong?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Re: 25/02/18 | Arsenal vs Manchester City | Carabao Cup

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:04 pm

generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
generalanal wrote:
Roycck wrote:I dont think Ozil did that badly today. There isnt enough players running off the ball for him to lay his passes.

Blame it on the manager for playing almost 5 at the back and CHAMBERS.

Yes always the other players he needs runners he needs this and that. He is often shit in big Matches nothing else

No one has done anything today but Ozil has been better than most players out there today.

Who's done better than him?

I don't care he earns now 350000 a week. Was this Performance worth 350000 for you?

That's a very small minded way at looking at it.

Wenger earns 8mil a year ....... was he worth the money, was Bellerin, was Xhaka, Mustafi?

By those standards then yes the fact that Ozil could string more than two passes together and not give the ball away 20 times, if they get their money then he was worth it.

So other than stop paying our players why do you think you can single out one of todays better players over the other at least 8 players in the team who all played worse??

I'd love to know.

Why do you compare him with garbage like xhaka and bellerin. You always say he is Worldclass. Today when it mattered the most, he was again invisible, he was shit and one of the worst players on the pitch

Again ........... who was better then?

I'll wait.

(Gets out his sewing kit)
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:07 pm

gooney wrote:
Tubbs wrote:
gooney wrote:
Tubbs wrote:
gooney wrote:why are people getting angry at our players. They lost to a better team with better players. Or does anyone disagree with that? I mean bookies us had 6 times the money to win for a bloody reason

Because they had no spirit and just gave up
ZERO effort mate

they didnt give up, they really tried and contain probably the best team in europe. Some of you dont realise the gap in quality

I’m not sure if your being serious or just need to go to specsavers

I watched the whole match. Dont buy the garbage from neville and other media people. These people live on making everything dramatic. City is the best team in the league by some distance. Could very well be the best team in Europe right now. We held them at bay first half except for mustafis error. Second half we couldnt contain anymore. This happens when a team is better than the other one and keep probing, eventually something will give. I really dont know what you people expected. This performance was not worse than when we beat them last time in Wembley. We just rode our luck big time that day. They are easily better than us.....what do you expect. I know the usual passion, desire and determination garbage we constantly hear in english football. Lets go with that argument.....what happens when a better team matches you for passion, desire and determination?

+1 for falsity of passion, like a good speech could make up the difference, an AC v Barca PERFORMANCE could have carried the day, but our centerpiece is OZIL
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:07 pm

GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby realtalk » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

He set up parking the bus with a team designed for creativity, what could of gone wrong?

He played with no wide outlet. That's easy to defend you just wait for a intricate play to mess and counter. They all take up similar space so defending was a cake walk.

He went back to square football of failure years . He needs to leave I'd take the napoli manager in a heart beat.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Özilfan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Again ........... who was better then?

I'll wait.

(Gets out his sewing kit)

Perfectly reasonable point to which they have no reasonable response - won't stop 'em moaning though! I swear the standard of debate has slipped round here. I swear there were definitely not this many ejits around when I joined almost a decade ago.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby generalanal » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:10 pm

Yes keep waiting
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:12 pm

generalanal wrote:Yes keep waiting

Well that's one way to capitulate.

lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:13 pm

realtalk wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

He played with no wide outlet. That's easy to defend you just wait for a intricate play to mess and counter. They all take up similar space so defending was a cake walk.

He went back to square football of failure years . He needs to leave I'd take the napoli manager in a heart beat.

sarri is the biggest must get because he would shift the philosophy back to what it was. a philosophy at a football club is the most important thing to implement, we lost it many years ago now
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby elber » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:18 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Well there you go. The most pathetic, disgraceful and shameful performance in cup final history. Another new low for Wenger, but it WILL get worse as long as he is at the club.

Today was a perfect example of the issues at the club. The only real difference is that Guardiola understands football and Wenger doesn't have an ounce of football knowledge (and never has).

When you have a team with creative midfielders the way we do why the hell did Wenger even think it was a good idea to set up playing negative 5 at the back?

He's a fkin idiot.

We just sat back all game and our CB's cannot play well with 3 at the back, it confuses them as to who picks up who.

The formation hasn't got anything to do with that horrendous performance ffs.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:22 pm

elber wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Well there you go. The most pathetic, disgraceful and shameful performance in cup final history. Another new low for Wenger, but it WILL get worse as long as he is at the club.

Today was a perfect example of the issues at the club. The only real difference is that Guardiola understands football and Wenger doesn't have an ounce of football knowledge (and never has).

When you have a team with creative midfielders the way we do why the hell did Wenger even think it was a good idea to set up playing negative 5 at the back?

He's a fkin idiot.

We just sat back all game and our CB's cannot play well with 3 at the back, it confuses them as to who picks up who.

That formation =

Parking the bus
Giving up possession
Sitting back

None of these suits our best players, doesn't suit our defenders who always make fk ups with it as they don't know who to pick up because their 3 of them.

We need possession with the players we have.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Özilfan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:22 pm

elber wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

He's a fkin idiot.

Don't "ffs" respected forum members who have been posting here since the time you were still sucking on the teet. The truth is that Diamond Gooner has forgotten more about football than you will ever know.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elber » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:23 pm

gooney wrote:
island_gunner wrote:Burley is roasting Wenger

Every time the other commentator asks what could have Arsenal done better.....
Burley keeps saying it doesn't matter, nothing will change with Wenger still the manager

I turned that off. The guy is so unprofessional. I dont know if you ever watch the show they have espn where they discuss football and he plays the character who is constantly moaning and pointing to every negative thing. He brought that to commentating. When you are a commentator you are supposed to comment on whats going on the match. Not make the commentary about yourself and just moan and moan.

Gooney lecturing other people for moaning too much. :rofll:
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:23 pm

Did Wenger has a post match interview?

I've not seen a thing.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:26 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
elber wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

He's a fkin idiot.

That formation =

Parking the bus
Giving up possession
Sitting back

None of these suits our best players, doesn't suit our defenders who always make fk ups with it as they don't know who to pick up because their 3 of them.

We need possession with the players we have.

Exactly. No attempt to press, nothing.

You can't just sit back against Pep Guordiola. Either attack him, or at least press them on the ball.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18