30/01/18 | Swansea City 3-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 30/01/18 | Swansea City vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby kaijuhk » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:05 pm

Cech - Atrocious mistake, remember a similar mistake with Monreal passing back. Those two don't look the sharpest tools, so put them together and you have carbon copy errors.

Bellerin - Frustrating beyond belief, we basically play him in the hope he will show his old form. Nope, guys confidence is shot, made one lame cross into the box, everything else was passing behind rather than making darting runs and penetrating the defence.

Monreal - Despite the earlier criticism, our best defender and has a great work rate. Tries to get forward, got a goal and always looks to make something happen.

Mustafi - Shocking. Loses head far too easily. Joke defending that wouldn't be accepted even in League 1.

Kosc - Tries to lead by example but just not good enough anymore.

Elneny - Looked like a rock we've sorely needed last few games and did okay tonight. Once he was taken off we looked vulnerable but we could get someone so much better.

Ramsey - Back from injury so wasn't expecting much. Showed some decent signs at the start but then forgot he was playing 2nd half.

Xhaka - Sideways passing, slow to release, this guy epitomises what's wrong with Arsenal.

Ozil - Best player by a mile but even then looked isolated with so many below average performances.

Iwobi - The guy looks scared and lost for how long now, only a small kick up the arse when he was a bad boy but back to his completely ineffective performances again.

Lacazette - Worst performance I've seen him in an Arsenal shirt, looked dejected (perhaps from imminent PEA signing) and clearly not working as the lone forward with no support.

Mkhi - Showed some great touches and willingness to get forward. Tried a few things which is more you can say about anyone else bar Ozil.

Giroud - If he leaves, we'll miss him as an impact sub. His head was obviously elsewhere tonight which was no fault to him.

Wenger - Just look at what Carvalhal has done to Swansea and it's plain to see Wenger needs to leave ASAP.
Last edited by kaijuhk on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kaijuhk
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:15 pm

22-0 wrote:Swansea could of scored 5-6 easy today they ripped us apart...

Exactly

They where by far the better team. Simple counter attacking tactics. 5-4-1 yet executed it so well.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:16 pm

kaijuhk wrote:Cech - Atrocious mistake, remember a similar mistake with Monreal passing back. Those two don't look the sharpest tools, so put them together and you have carbon copy errors.

Bellerin - Frustrating beyong belief, we basically play him in the hope he will show his old form. Nope, guys confidence is shot, made one lame cross into the box, everything else was passing behind rather than making darting runs and penetrating the defence.

Monreal - Despite the earlier criticism, our best defender and has a great work rate. Tries to get forward, got a goal and always looks to make something happen.

Mustafi - Shocking. Loses head far too easily. Joke defending that wouldn't be accepted even in League 1.

Kosc - Tries to lead by example but just not good enough anymore.

Elneny - Looked like a rock we've sorely needed last few games and did okay tonight. Once he was taken off we looked vulnerable but we could get someone so much better.

Ramsey - Back from injury so wasn't expecting much. Showed some decent signs at the start but then forget he was playing 2nd half.

Xhaka - Sideways passing, slow to release, this guy epitomises what's wrong with Arsenal.

Ozil - Best player by a mile but even then looked isolated with so many below average performances.

Iwobi - The guy looks scared and lost for how long now, only a small kick up the arse when he was a bad boy but back to his completely ineffective performances again.

Lacazette - Worst performance I've seen him in an Arsenal shirt, looked dejected (perhaps from imminent PEA signing) and clearly not working as the lone forward with no support.

Mkhi - Showed some great touches and willingness to get forward. Tried a few things which is more you can say about anyone else bar Ozil.

Giroud - If he leaves, we'll miss him as an impact sub. His head was obviously elsewhere tonight which was no fault to him.

Wenger - Just look at what Carvalhal has done to Swansea and it's plain to see Wenger needs to leave ASAP.

Usually I disagree with you, but the above is pretty much spot on.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby kaijuhk » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Usually I disagree with you, but the above is pretty much spot on.

Guess that's my cue to leave the forum. ;)
kaijuhk
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Losmeister » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:32 pm

to me... i wonder... i mean, do we cede possession? try to play counter vs....swansea?

we fail at breaking teams down. have been doing so, for... how many years now?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 pm

We can sign as many 50m forwards as we want but when we have defenders who would allow most pub teams to score, midfield players who couldn't track an elephant in Finsbury Park that won't make any difference .... packing a squad with attack minded midfield players who simply can't defend? what's the feckin' point ..... Mkhi can now be added to that list, there is a reason top managers won't play that type of player without a couple of 'rocks' behind him .... Elneny and Xhaka are mere 'pebbles' blown away by feckin' Swansea ....

Lacca already looks broken .... if Aube was watching the ONLY reason he signs is for the money .... his reputation will get smashed playing with this shower of average .... and Ozil sign a new contract? why the feck would he?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby indy23 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:37 pm

Easy game eh boys. If your mediocre is it really you fault? No jack really screwed up our team today. no fight or drive. Seriously that had better been the last league game Iwobi starts this season. Everyone is to used to be being bailed out by ozil and Alexis .... Wenger won't survive this summer u can believe that.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby indy23 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:44 pm

EliteKiller wrote:We can sign as many 50m forwards as we want but when we have defenders who would allow most pub teams to score, midfield players who couldn't track an elephant in Finsbury Park that won't make any difference .... packing a squad with attack minded midfield players who simply can't defend? what's the feckin' point ..... Mkhi can now be added to that list, there is a reason top managers won't play that type of player without a couple of 'rocks' behind him .... Elneny and Xhaka are mere 'pebbles' blown away by feckin' Swansea ....

Lacca already looks broken .... if Aube was watching the ONLY reason he signs is for the money .... his reputation will get smashed playing with this shower of average .... and Ozil sign a new contract? why the feck would he?

Sure but our two cbs were marking or watching players. How did they know xhaka was just gonna let a f***ing forward walk past them. Trust me prime Thiago Silva N Ramos couldn't save a Wenger defense. If you all haven't realized our defenders get hung out to dry by our midfielders and this isn't something new. He basically wants those two or three d men to bail out shit iwobi pass counter attacks or when ozil gets dispossessed everyone just sits their watching like uh what do we do... First of all where was Ramsey or xhaka for that second goal? Ozil having to come that deep to get the ball is a travesty especially if it's Swansea city.

The blue print to beat these sissies it out there it's up to the opposition to execute. This team doesn't even look strong enough to win the europa.

Don't worry we will get a half effort from a top 6 opposing team and we will sneak out a win. And we will be back in fairy tale land.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby coach8smallball » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:18 am

with the grinch in charge......who cares! he has drug this once respected club down to the bottomless pit of despair.

team selection was awful today and he needs to leave.......like 8 years ago left
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:32 am

Losmeister wrote:to me... i wonder... i mean, do we cede possession? try to play counter vs....swansea?

we fail at breaking teams down. have been doing so, for... how many years now?

I think its pretty simple and yet I'm not being paid £8m per year to see it.

Our defence comes way to high because the rest of the team pack right up front, if our midfield held their ground more we wouldn't need to have our defenders so high, our CB's come higher than the half way line which when you have 9 players in front of you is ridiculous.

Its a midfielders job to distribute the ball past the half way line not the effin CB's.

We were broke on time and time again and our CB's were all over the place running back like headless chickens, then to make things worse Wenger takes off the one midfielder who's taking responsibility as a CDM in Elneny and puts Hollywood Xhaka there who couldn't pick up a £50 note off the floor let alone pick up his runner.

Its almost like playing 3 at the back has ruined Kos and Mustafi because today between them and Xhaka it was calamity after calamity and Czech is playing like sh*t to boot.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:55 am

Wenger: "The turning point of this game was when we were 1-0 up. Absolutely guilty to concede the goal straight away. We have no rational explanation for the way we gave away the goal straight away...we were not convincing offensively or defensively. In the end we lost the game."

Source: @AFCPressWatch2

Really!? Please go and watch a replay of the goal because its clear as day who and where the problem is.

Was actually planning on watching the match against Everton live to see PEA in action but not after today. Not until Xhaka is not one of the first names on the team sheet. I had to clean my eyes a couple of times to make sure what I was watching was real that’s how bad he was. My mini protest goes on. Thanks Wenger
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:57 am

"Its a midfielders job to distribute the ball past the half way line not the effin CB's."

our mids see a defender in front of them or closing them down and they pass it back to the CBs...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:01 am

Losmeister wrote:"Its a midfielders job to distribute the ball past the half way line not the effin CB's."

our mids see a defender in front of them or closing them down and they pass it back to the CBs...

Yup that's why we miss jack
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:22 am

Losmeister wrote:"Its a midfielders job to distribute the ball past the half way line not the effin CB's."

But if the CB's held the half way line or just before then that would create space for the midfielders to come back and pick up the ball.

What happens is the midfielders as you say give it back to the CB's, the CB's press forward so the midfielders push up, this leaves our CB's in no mans land when the opposition recover the ball then punt it over the top.

Tbf fair as well a good CDM would hold and collect those pass backs from midfield not our CB's.

It's supposed to go CB's > CDM > Midfield > Wingers & Striker

Not CB's > The whole team pressed up top

You can see with the second option why we're so fkin open on the counter, its school boy stuff, there's no layers to our formation when the CB's take the ball to far up.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Roycck » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:28 am

The moment Elneny went off, we look like leaking goals every time Swansea came forward. We could do so much better with a upgrade.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18