03/01/18 | Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea | Premier League

Re: 03/01/18 | Arsenal vs Chelsea | Premier League

Postby Nejch » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:29 pm

http://arsenalist.com/f/2017-18/arsenal ... senal.html

Anyone saying it's not a pen, look at the last angle in this. Bellerin kicked Hazard in the ankle, there's enough in it as he clearly displaces his foot. Yes Hazard made the most of it like the little diving weasel that he is, but to say this isn't a penalty is just wishful thinking.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Rewatching, it's a poor decision still. Yes, you could say it's a foul, but those are never given
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Mesüt wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:The length to which some of our fans go to prove they are unbiased can be cringe worthy at times. This isn't directed at any individual but a general feeling..

from what?

greengoonerie is always negative about Arsenal while Wenger is here but in this case I think he is right.

Usually I'm screaming pen for everything for us even when it's clearly not, still doesn't make Bellerin's error anything other than a foul in my view.

Anyway not directed at me or anyone as you said but seems only 2 of us actively saying it was a pen in the last 10 mins to warrant your post. Not sure why disagreeing with your opinion has led to it though, I could easily post that some fans are so desperately biased in saying it's not a pen :dontknow:

I knew you would say this that's why i made it clear in the beginning. Just go through the match day thread where you will see people not even acknowledge when we play well and disagree for the sake of disagreeing not on merit. It is my opinion and that's why i said it's a feeling. It is not based on the penalty decision alone. Nothing to do with disagreements rather i see some always want to see the negative side and i am not saying they shouldn't but sometimes it becomes a bit too much to digest. As i said it's a feeling, my individual opinion..
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:The length to which some of our fans go to prove they are unbiased can be cringe worthy at times. This isn't directed at any individual but a general feeling..

from what?

greengoonerie is always negative about Arsenal while Wenger is here but in this case I think he is right.

Usually I'm screaming pen for everything for us even when it's clearly not, still doesn't make Bellerin's error anything other than a foul in my view.

Anyway not directed at me or anyone as you said but seems only 2 of us actively saying it was a pen in the last 10 mins to warrant your post. Not sure why disagreeing with your opinion has led to it though, I could easily post that some fans are so desperately biased in saying it's not a pen :dontknow:

I knew you would say this that's why i made it clear in the beginning. Just go through the match day thread where you will see people not even acknowledge when we play well and disagree for the sake if disagreeing on merit. It is my opinion and that's why i said it's a feeling. It is not based on the penalty decision alone. Nothing to do with disagreements rather i see some always want to see the negative side and i am not saying they shouldn't but sometimes it becomes a bit too much to digest. As i said it's a feeling, my individual opinion..

That's cool, thanks for the explanation :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:33 pm

Anyway, I can see why the ref gave it, though I disagree with it. My first instinct was penalty, even wrote eff Bellerin or something

But rewatching, he has such a nice view, and that's not enough contact
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Lolzil » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:33 pm

It is a clear pen. Bellerin sticks his leg out gets nothing on the ball and catches Hazards ankle. Always going to be given unless he gets the ball.
Lolzil
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:37 pm

It was soft but i think it was a pen, either way he needs to take responsibility for the performances, whilst the chambers decision was terrible, he shouldn't complain when we are perform like that at the team bottom of the league.

If it was a cl semi against barca and we conceded like that to go out i could understand him going mad, he has 38 games to get top 4, blaming decisions is simply not taking responsibility for not being good enough
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby gunslinger1990 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Bellerin should have stayed away from that ball and that tackle. His decision was poor, so he is the one to blame, leaving the ref judgement aside. Same as against West Brom: keep your hands at your back when using the body to block. and you'll be safe. Cahill made a few schoolbook blocks tonight, it is how it's done. Fact of the matter is that we don't stay calm and concentrated when we are on our back foot and under pressure. I feel like, some of the best plays i've seen this season are coming from us, and yet, we failed to capitalize and make something out of it. I'am positive about January schedule though.
gunslinger1990
Patrick Vieira

Postby Lolzil » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:44 pm

If we take Chelsea's defensive quality, Eden Hazard and our attack it would be the best team in the world.
Lolzil
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby greengoonerie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:45 pm

immsun - you seem to have disappeared - i'm waiting for you either to abuse the other 6 posters who have stated it was a pen (just as you did to me), or to apologise to me for your abuse.

Oh and by the way, on a point of embarrassment (for you immsun) you missed my half time post yeah? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EDIT -
Finally - i apologise if i offended anyone who thought it wasn't a penalty by calling them "idiots" in my earlier response. It seemed to me that it was a clear penalty and unfortunately the ref agreed and gave it.

Arsenal have much bigger problems than whether it was or wasn't a peno.
Last edited by greengoonerie on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:49 pm

gunslinger1990 wrote:Bellerin should have stayed away from that ball and that tackle. His decision was poor, so he is the one to blame, leaving the ref judgement aside. Same as against West Brom: keep your hands at your back when using the body to block. and you'll be safe.

Bingo. Brainless Arsenal players can't get the basics right.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:51 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
gunslinger1990 wrote:Bellerin should have stayed away from that ball and that tackle. His decision was poor, so he is the one to blame, leaving the ref judgement aside. Same as against West Brom: keep your hands at your back when using the body to block. and you'll be safe.

It's fair comment you can't get done if you put hand behind the back, also everyone knows hazards is the fastest slippery c*** in the league, crazy to not be ridiculously cautious with him in the box
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:59 pm

greengoonerie wrote:

EDIT -
Finally - i apologise if i offended anyone who thought it wasn't a penalty by calling them "idiots" in my earlier response. It seemed to me that it was a clear penalty and unfortunately the ref agreed and gave it.

Arsenal have much bigger problems than whether it was or wasn't a peno.

No need to apologise. Let's move on from this cheers
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby gunslinger1990 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It's fair comment you can't get done if you put hand behind the back, also everyone knows hazards is the fastest slippery c*** in the league, crazy to not be ridiculously cautious with him in the box

Fair enough, but that is exactly why defender needs to make the decision, one way or another, and his call wasn't the right one. For a fact, there is a number of defenders who would deal with the situation in which he was in a better manner, that is the point.
gunslinger1990
Patrick Vieira

Postby Lolzil » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Yeah only have to look at Azpilicueta on the other side every time Alexis was running at him in the box.
Lolzil
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18