10/12/17 | Southampton 1-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 10/12/17 | Southampton 1-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:04 pm

This is why we're a perennial top four team and not a top one team under Wenger. We had the run of good games, now we'll have our bad run, then win a couple more, bad run again, then a huge big run to push for top four. So f***ing predictable
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Re: 10/12/17 | Southampton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Mesüt wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Giroud should have come on a lot earlier. Lacazette was not making any sort of worthwhile impact today.

Because he was getting fed f**k all bar a ridiculous decision to pass when he was at 100mph and always gonna struggle to control.

Plus we should've had a pen for a foul on him. What I don't get is why is usually one for the other..USE BOTH, particularly when 1-0 down :/

i am with you when you say we can use both together when we are chasing a game. However Lacazette even taking the lack of service in to consideration neither looked sharp nor effective. Any player can have a bad day at the office and when he does the manager should have the b*lls to take hard decisions
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby NJ_Gunner » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:07 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:Tells you everything you need to know about Wenger. Learnt nothing from last week.

Honestly, how the f**k is it Wenger's fault when Mertesacker falls over or Bellerin passes to a f***ing Southampton player 2 yards in front of him?

Jesus christ.

He trains them
He picks them
Their is no fighting for a place in this squad
It's criminal

That's nothing to do with learning from last week though. He could have them as f***ing fired up as he wants...like they were against Spurs but if someone makes a stupid error or slip in that game we could be 1-0 down and completely different game.

Agree with your points but don't think that relates to the original quote.

The reason the Bellenderin is starting is Wenger. Surely Chambers or Debuchy have to get a go now

Would love to see Debuchy get a real chance. I like bellerin but he’s been garbage lately and is clearly too comfortable. Gotta shake things up.
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Mesüt wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Giroud should have come on a lot earlier. Lacazette was not making any sort of worthwhile impact today.

Because he was getting fed f**k all bar a ridiculous decision to pass when he was at 100mph and always gonna struggle to control.

Plus we should've had a pen for a foul on him. What I don't get is why is usually one for the other..USE BOTH, particularly when 1-0 down :/

This all day.

We don't have a WC striker to play amazing up front on his own, we should play both to get all the benefits from both players, mobility and shooting from Laca with Giroud's aerial threat together, not sacrifice one benefit for the other.

Again, why Welbeck, he added nothing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Happy for him to be subbed when he's playing wank in general but today we were chasing the game and there were at least 2 players worse than him (Sanchez and Bellerin) that could've been subbed for Giroud and we could really go for it.

Also bringing Welbeck on to then take Laca off is nuts.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:11 pm

Mesüt wrote:Happy for him to be subbed when he's playing wank in general but today we were chasing the game and there were at least 2 players worse than him (Sanchez and Bellerin) that could've been subbed for Giroud and we could really go for it.

Also bringing Welbeck on to then take Laca off is nuts.

Even Chelsea have been moving Hazard up next to Morata recently and its been paying off.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:17 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Get one or two of the 6-0 lot on.

Its time these 1st teamer's realise they have to play for there place.

I wouldn't mind Xhaka and Ramsey coming off Elneny and Wilshere.

Attacking wise we have no replacements, can't exactly expect much from Welbeck.

And there is the problem
Wenger has created an impression of a 1st team and a second team that should never be the case
We should have a squad that are always available with regards to fitness and form
It is laughable that Walcott was not involved in the match day squad today
You have to keep everyone fighting and Hungary
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby immsun » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Sick of players today. Not one was energetic enough to do something.

Sanchez had a Horror.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:18 pm

starmandb wrote:

And there is the problem
Wenger has created an impression of a 1st team and a second team that should never be the case
We should have a squad that are always available with regards to fitness and form

Agreed

Wish we'd drop Walcott in Hungary though
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:20 pm

gooney wrote:One legit win away from home in the league so far. Every match we are vulnerable first 15 min. You would think after man u they wiuld focus in the start. This team can only play when they are behind and nothing to lose. I hope they get battered

Legit? What does that mean
Have we just been awarded some games historically where they may have been wrong decisions?
Why do we not know about this?
starmandb

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:53 pm

When you look at your starting eleven and you don’t feel confident your expectations will be met then you know somethings wrong with your manager. Wenger has been losing us points far to regularly now, it’s not funny anymore.

Why is Mertesacker still starting games for us?

Why are we still relying on players like Welbeck?

Why do we persist with Giroud when it’s clear his style of play is the complete opposite of how wenger trains his players?

I look at our team and then I look at Sotons and sometimes I wonder what does Wenger and company actually do behind the scenes. We had Welbeck coming off the bench. They had Boufal. We had Giroud coming off the bench, they had Gabbiadini. We had Mertesacker starting when any one of their three CBs would have done a better job for us today. We had Xhaka starting when any one of their two CMs would have been more useful to us today. I’m not saying we should sign their players. My point is: it is not so hard to find better players as wenger makes it out to be. There are plenty of capable players in the PL alone.

And Wenger had the audacity to complain and blame the ref about time wasting in the post game conference. Thats actually a factor that can be controlled ffs. Maybe make better use of the full 90 minutes and maybe, just maybe the opposition wouldn’t be time wasting during the game :dontknow:

In any case I’m livid despite us coming away with a point because This was a game we could have got three points with better preparation not only for this game but for the season as a whole.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Who is persisting with Giroud? BTW he saved our skin yet again. He is not even starting games for us in the league. He is the perfect plan B. Training a team certain way does not mean you play like a one trick pony. You need to adapt when things don't go our way. Also how did our first choice striker play today? So when he is shit on the day does that mean he should go Scot free?

Might be an unpopular opinion but the first player who does not deserve to start at the moment is Sanchez who gave the ball away 32 times, did feck all bar that ball to Giroud who saved his blushes by converting that chance. Sanchez is super talented but his attitude stinks these days, gives zero fecks.

Any team in the league would love to have a backup option like Giroud who offers something totally different, has good link up play can finish and dominate in the air. I mean if Giroud isn't good enough even as a sub then i guess looks like our standards are those of PSG.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:29 pm

Mesüt wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:Tells you everything you need to know about Wenger. Learnt nothing from last week.

Honestly, how the f**k is it Wenger's fault when Mertesacker falls over or Bellerin passes to a f***ing Southampton player 2 yards in front of him?

Jesus christ.

He trains them
He picks them
Their is no fighting for a place in this squad
It's criminal

That's nothing to do with learning from last week though. He could have them as f***ing fired up as he wants...like they were against Spurs but if someone makes a stupid error or slip in that game we could be 1-0 down and completely different game.

Agree with your points but don't think that relates to the original quote.

It's not even about being fired up or the error for the goal ,mistakes happen
It's the general lack of a default setting or a template for how we defend as a team
You do those hard yards in training and as boring as it can be for some
They buy into it when they see it working on the pitch
It's no accident that we tie our hands behind our back by giving teams a goal start and having a further 10 minutes of chaos
It is bad planning pure and simple and down to one man who continues to neglect that side of the game
starmandb

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Who is persisting with Giroud? BTW he saved our skin yet again. He is not even starting games for us in the league. He is the perfect plan B. Training a team certain way does not mean you play like a one trick pony. You need to adapt when things don't go our way. Also how did our first choice striker play today? So when he is shit on the day does that mean he should go Scot free?

Might be an unpopular opinion but the first player who does not deserve to start at the moment is Sanchez who gave the ball away 32 times, did feck all bar that ball to Giroud who saved his blushes by converting that chance. Sanchez is super talented but his attitude stinks these days, gives zero fecks.

Any team in the league would love to have a backup option like Giroud who offers something totally different, has good link up play can finish and dominate in the air. I mean if Giroud isn't good enough even as a sub then i guess looks like our standards are those of PSG.

I don't mind Giroud as a plan B and have been saying so for ages. My issue is with how long it takes players to adapt to Girouds style of play when he's on and sometimes how they don't adapt at all. You even said it yourself that training a team certain way does not mean you play like a one trick pony. Giroud as a sub worked today and on countless other occasions but why is it more often times than not our attack suffers when Giroud is on? That is not an attack on Giroud but on Wenger (or the players) for not playing to his strengths.

Wrt Lacazette, he is not beyond criticism but he is by far the best striker we have at the club imho. Simply taking him out of our starting lineup for any game is already a handicap we put on ourselves before a ball is even kicked
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:43 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
starmandb wrote:

And there is the problem

Agreed

Wish we'd drop Walcott in Hungary though

Yes
Getting my country's and my empty tummy's mixed up
Regardless of your personal thoughts on Walcott
While he remains a member of the squad , not to use him in certain circumstances seems to me one of the many follies stacking up on wengers charge sheet
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18