02/12/17 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | Premier League

Re: 02/12/17 | Arsenal vs Manchester United | Premier League

Postby Cripps » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Sims wrote:theo is finished at this football club as a starter in serious competitions

he'd be great at everton, he's everything they lack

Best player in Europa this season so hardly finished in serious competitions considering that's the only one we should be going for seriously
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:38 am

Mustafi wrote:
In case of Welbz starting, there will be no changes obviously: striker out, striker in

Other than the fact that Welbeck is a striker that can't finish and cant football, no changes lol...

In matches like these you get a handful of chances to score and you have to be clinical. Starting Welbeck, who is one of the worst finishers I have seen as a striker, pretty much lowers your chances to convert.

The fact that we know that Welbeck sucks and yet some of us still wanting him to start tells us that something went wrong with how the club is being run.

Again, we let a better footballer in Perez move on a loan, because our manager has his new Ox project, where he delusionally thinks he can take a scrub and mold him into a proper footballer.

One man's ego over the interest of the entire club.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ESR10 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:49 am

Mike Dean wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
In case of Welbz starting, there will be no changes obviously: striker out, striker in

Other than the fact that Welbeck is a striker that can't finish and cant football, no changes lol...

I didn't say that Welbeck is as good as Laca :dontknow: Lacas finishing, positioning and footballing intelligence are attributes Welbeck can only dream of.
No changes in the sense that all rest players will play in their normal positions like last weeks.

If we started a midfielder like ElNeny instead of Laca, obviously our side will change. Ramsey will play further forward and Alexis will be a striker.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby ESR10 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:58 am

Mike Dean wrote:The fact that we know that Welbeck sucks and yet some of us still wanting him to start tells us that something went wrong with how the club is being run.

Again, we let a better footballer in Perez move on a loan, because our manager has his new Ox project, where he delusionally thinks he can take a scrub and mold him into a proper footballer.

It's not because anyone thinks that Welbeck is a great player, but who would you play instead? Same question, I asked Cripps.

Giroud is a better striker than Welbeck, yes, but he is static and we all saw that him starting games, didn't work out for us the last few years.

Theo, Iwobi? They are average (like Welbeck) and I would prefer Welbecks energy and desire to prove himself to his old club instead.

Playing a midfielder like Neny or Wilshere are options, but I don't like the defensive approach.

Of course if Perez was at the club, he would be the best option, but he isn't.
ESR10

Postby Angelito » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:15 am

AOL guys.

Ozil - Lucas - Alexis

Oh wait.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:18 am

Angelito wrote:AOL guys.

Ozil - Lucas - Alexis

Oh wait.

Mustafi, I know what you are trying to say but what Angelito just said above was my point.

Wenger hurt the team for his own ego.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:45 am

Ozil - Lucas - Alexis

Oh wait.

Alex Iwobi
Olivier Giroud
WeLbeck
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Mike Dean wrote:

Ozil - Lucas - Alexis

Oh wait.

Mustafi, I know what you are trying to say but what Angelito just said above was my point.

Wenger hurt the team for his own ego.

Agreed
ESR10

Postby realtalk » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:56 pm

We have to play welbz for pressing workrate and pace. Question is we play him wide or CF. Big G can come off the bench. And start the next few games.I think xmas period giroud will beast through those games.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:44 pm

I would play Welbeck as a wing back if we need his work rate and pace. Welbeck's strength is his defensive side of the game. Wenger should stop trying to employ a player up front who has trouble sorting his feet out and shits himself in front of the goal up front. Giroud must start up front with Ozil and Sanchez behind him. About time Wenger realized Welbeck's future lies at Wing back position or on the bench. A player of Welbeck's attributes has no business playing as one of the front three.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I would play Welbeck as a wing back if we need his work rate and pace. Welbeck's strength is his defensive side of the game. Wenger should stop trying to employ a player up front who has trouble sorting his feet out and shits himself in front of the goal up front. Giroud must start up front with Ozil and Sanchez behind him. About time Wenger realized Welbeck's future lies at Wing back position or on the bench. A player of Welbeck's attributes has no business playing as one of the front three.

He could be a similar wing back like Ox and Moses. Could work. Would like to try it out sometimes. Bellerin needs the competition as well.
ESR10

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:48 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I would play Welbeck as a wing back if we need his work rate and pace. Welbeck's strength is his defensive side of the game. Wenger should stop trying to employ a player up front who has trouble sorting his feet out and shits himself in front of the goal up front. Giroud must start up front with Ozil and Sanchez behind him. About time Wenger realized Welbeck's future lies at Wing back position or on the bench. A player of Welbeck's attributes has no business playing as one of the front three.

This x 10000000000

I'm beyond shocked to see people asking for Welbeck to start because of his work-rate. I'd get starting him because of his record against United, but for his work-rate and pressing?

Dude doesn't even press as part of a team, he's too braindead for that
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:53 pm

No Fellaini, Bailly and Jones for United, they haven't traveled.

Matic and Zlatan doubtful.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Cripps » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:14 pm

f**k off. Zlatan has to play
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:17 pm

Cripps wrote:f**k off. Zlatan has to play

Sub appearance is the best he can hope for tbh.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18