05/11/17 | Manchester City 3-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 05/11/17 | Manchester City 3-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Dejan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Nuggets wrote:
gamechannel wrote:I agree the ref didn't help us. But we have been shit regardless. Blaming the ref only hides our massive shittiness.

:clap:
Truth

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:37 pm

Arsene Wenger to MOTD: "I believe it was no penalty. We know that Raheem Sterling dives well, he does that very well. And the third goal was offside. I am very upset because at 2-1 we were in the game.

"The third goal was the killer and it is by coincidence that mistakes always go for the home team, as we know.

"It is unfortunate that the game finished the way it finished. I am disappointed. You can accept if it City win in a normal way, they are a good side but this is unacceptable. Last season we lost two offside goals and it has happened again.

Source: BBC
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Interest: waning » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Özilfan wrote:We weren't that bad and probably deserved a draw given the decisions. I think the lads can hold their heads high and can count themselves unlucky to leave empty handed. I think Pep even said we were the best team they've played this season, high praise indeed!

Another deluded Gooner. I'm ashamed.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby elkanofan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:51 pm

Thing is Wenger as i said if we had taken our chances e had and if we passed better in the final third their bullshit goals would not have been a factor.

#losermentallity

We did well bu the better team won.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby lol » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:59 pm

gooney wrote:
lol wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
realtalk wrote:
Nuggets wrote:Well we are only 12 points off the lead

That's 4 games. And easy to lose 4 games in this league. We just have to go unbeaten though. Probability is low.

We where out of the title race after the Stoke defeat. Its the manner of how we lost showed we have a weak mentallity and soft center. Today confirmed we are vastly inferior to City.

Cit's illegal goals would not have been a factor if we had the quality all round to take our chances.

Really? Were we that vastly inferior to City today?

If those "illegal" goals don't matter, how about giving us those goals and let City, with their quality all round, take their chances and chase the game 3-1?

The match was one sided. We went in there with no strikers. Just to keep tight and keep the score down. This was basically a small team going to play a big team with the goal of just defending

Alexis was clearly playing as striker. He was ahead of the rest and not holding the same line as Ozil and Iwobi.

We went with there with a clear game plan in mind - to be organized and withstand the pressure City put on us, then try and catch them when we have a chance. That's being pragmatic and also our best chance of getting something out of the game. Even our usually one-dimensional Wenger gets it, but you have an issue with that? There are managers out there like Mourinho and Simone, whose success are based on keeping it tight against big teams and nicking a goal here and there. They don't manage small teams.
lol
Michael Thomas

Re: 05/11/17 | Manchester City vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Özilfan wrote:So many negative posters on here - fans should never get on the backs of their players like you lot are. It's a toxic atmosphere you've created - here and at the Emirates. The quicker our better players escape this hellhole the better.

Now look at Man City fans. They support their side come rain or shine. Remember when they were down in the old Division Two? Still got full attendance every week, with little Mancs singing their hearts out. So what if Sterling misplaces a pass or Bravo fails to save a single shot in an entire season? The fans still give their players their full backing. If we did the same, our club would be in a lot better shape.

Funny the amount of people lap up this shit about other fans great arsenal fans shit
You do realise that Maine road held 35'000 I assume?
How does an average attendance of 28"000 in 98/99 equate to a full attendance every week?
They had 24' 000 when they played Walsall
I was one of 44'000 at Highbury when arsenal played Walsall in the fa cup in 1978
It's Wenger who has created an atmosphere where players believe they need to move to win honours
Shame on him
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:21 pm

decided to watch the full game even though we lost. Xhaka’s free kick that came off one of our own sums up why we lost this game imo. We were giving away possession too much in dangerous areas of the pitch when we know (or at least should have known) that City are one of if not the best at making the most out of those situations. Not only were we giving away possession in these areas, the players were slow to react to the City players running in behind. Besides the Xhaka free kick, I remember Kolasinac not reading a cross field pass and instead of holding his position he overran the City player and casually jogged back which nearly ended with us conceding a goal. Sanchez and Ramsey were the worst offenders though. Sanchez was just giving the ball away for fun while Ramsey was giving the ball away because he was slow to react to the City players circling him. Iwobi to a lesser extent was also very slow in reacting to plays

The ref was the second reason we lost. The penalty was soft to give imo and Silva was clearly offside. Why any ref would give city the benefit of the doubt with the form theyre in I have no idea. To be more specific, I’d actually say the ref wasn’t a reason why we lost but the reason why we couldn’t get anything from the game

Finally, I wouldn’t put too much of the blame on wenger’s team selection. The selection was made to keep the scoreline down imo which worked pretty much as planned since we were only down by one goal going into the 2nd half. were it not for the ref we would have had a good chance of coming away with at least a draw because I truly believed we had enough firepower on the bench to at the very least change the game in our favor
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby lol » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:22 pm

CaptGooner wrote:
lol wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
realtalk wrote:
Nuggets wrote:Well we are only 12 points off the lead

That's 4 games. And easy to lose 4 games in this league. We just have to go unbeaten though. Probability is low.

We where out of the title race after the Stoke defeat. Its the manner of how we lost showed we have a weak mentallity and soft center. Today confirmed we are vastly inferior to City.

Cit's illegal goals would not have been a factor if we had the quality all round to take our chances.

Really? Were we that vastly inferior to City today?

If those "illegal" goals don't matter, how about giving us those goals and let City, with their quality all round, take their chances and chase the game 3-1?

More shots more possession. They were the better team and could of had a few more goals if they finished some clear chances.

While we showed up and put in a decent performance (compared to recent big matches), we were clearly the inferior side.

Yes they had more shots and more possession, but if they can't convert the possession and shots into goals, aren't they just like us when we dominate games only to drop points?

If possession and shots win football games, we would have had so much more success than our trophy cabinet suggest.

Regardless of how many goals they could have had, the fact that they needed favours from the ref to finish us off means they clearly needed to be more clinical to be clearly superior to us.
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:24 pm

Özilfan wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:Been to the Ethiad, s*** atmosphere and pathetic fans.

That's because you were in the away end with the Arsenal lot! 20 minutes after full time, the Mancs are still singing:

You do realise that man city do not play at Maine road any more and this was after the last game their in 2003
The same year we won 5-1 there
4-0 up in the first 20 mins
I think it's safe to say the away end was going pot house
starmandb

Postby lol » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:27 pm

elkanofan wrote:Thing is Wenger as i said if we had taken our chances e had and if we passed better in the final third their bullshit goals would not have been a factor.

#losermentallity

We did well bu the better team won.

What a load of bullshit.

#2goalsmatter
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:06 pm

indy23 wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:
Özilfan wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:Another season where we arent gonna win the title. Fgs just walk away Wenger, its over.

No reason why we can't repeat Mourinho's famous double from last year. Everything (bar the title) is all to play for.

That would only mask the problems. Weve already won 3 FA cups but the league and CL performances never change.

Look at our facup draws. Not exactly tough. Harder to win the real trophies

Denigrating what we do win does not make the hunt for other trophys any less palatable
But this easy draw thing
13/14
Beat
Spurs, Liverpool and Everton
Man city beaten home by Wigan
Man Utd beaten home by Swansea

14 /15
Beat man Utd away
Chelsea lose a 2 goal lead to go out home to Bradford 4-2
Man city beaten home by Middlesbrough
liverpool lose semi final to the same Aston villa we beat in final

15/16
Beat man city and Chelsea
Spurs lose fa cup semi final to the same Chelsea we beat in the final
Liverpool go out home to wolves
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:12 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:
dc16 wrote:
gamechannel wrote:Ancelotti is available..

He's waiting for Conte to get sacked at Chelsea.

Yup. No ambitious manager should want to be anywhere near Arsenal.

Absolute bollocks
It's Wenger holding us back
If the arsenal job became available you would have lines round the block for it
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:16 pm

Alexis wrote:does cech save penalties?

ever since winning the CL with the plastics, i don't think he's ever saved one

He has saved 5
starmandb

Postby Alexis » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:20 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Alexis wrote:does cech save penalties?

ever since winning the CL with the plastics, i don't think he's ever saved one

He has saved 5
Mifsud v Malta World Cup qualifier 2012
Stockholm v nordsjaelland champions league 2012
Walters v Stoke 2013
De Rosario v Canada friendly 2013
Ibrami v Maribor champions league 2014

Petr Cech has saved none of the 13 penalties he has faced with Arsenal in all competitions

Basically left his penalty saving skills with the plastics. Wonder if we still got the receipt to put in a complaint about defective player that we got sold.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:35 pm

gamechannel wrote:Yeah Girourd the shit merchant who can't score in europa to save his life will save us.. great thinking, Wenger.

Goal at bate borisov
Winner at red star belgrade
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2017-18