World Cup 2018 FINAL

Talk about the the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018™ here.

Re: World Cup 2018 FINAL

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:05 am

Prefer Croatia, makes us look better, i like the underdog story, modric is a god and they don't have half of Africa to pick from.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:21 am

Why do people keep going on about Africa? France have like 2 African's in their squad, a few more with African parents but born in France, unless you wana change history and the demographic of France itself :dontknow:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:11 am

Santi wrote:Why do people keep going on about Africa? France have like 2 African's in their squad, a few more with African parents but born in France, unless you wana change history and the demographic of France itself :dontknow:
I mean, you just explained why? A lot of their players are of African descent, ergo their team is very African. It's not deep...
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:18 am

Fran Solo wrote:Both teams have beaten Messi & co on their way to the final. Rather strange coiincidence.

Well, that's the golden rule, no?

Beat Argentina and you have one hand on the trophy pretty much.

Have either lost to the eventual winners or the team that loses to the eventual winners in every World Cup since 2002 and, save for 1994 and 1998, all WCs since 1966 when not champions.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:54 am

Pudpop wrote:
Santi wrote:Why do people keep going on about Africa? France have like 2 African's in their squad, a few more with African parents but born in France, unless you wana change history and the demographic of France itself :dontknow:
I mean, you just explained why? A lot of their players are of African descent, ergo their team is very African. It's not deep...

Doesn't mean they have half of Africa to pick from though does it.

90% of the squad is French.

I mean there's a reason I ignored your 10 or so posts about it and only responded after Marsbar's one.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:01 am

Santi wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

I mean there's a reason I ignored your 10 or so posts about it and only responded after Marsbar's one.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... e-in-cheek
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:56 am

Marsbar100 wrote:
Santi wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... e-in-cheek

OK, thanks for a very nice link :)

Come on France and your African heritage!! :goal1:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:35 pm

Pudpop wrote:

Well they did have a law until 2006 that said that if you were ever born on a former French territory, you just have to apply and suddenly you are french. So not surprising many took advantage of that before Sarkosy put a stop to it. A bit like if you're Jewish you can get a free Israeli passport or a Sephardi *** then you get a free Spanish passport.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby elkanofan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:45 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:The cheese eating surrender monkeys against the undeserving Serbian Yugoslavs.

What a choice.

A word of advice.

DO NOT EVER SAY THIS TO A CROATIAN. They will KILL YOU! No hesitation!

You should know Croatians HATE, absolutely HATE Serbians!

This is what the war as all about Croatia gaining independence from Yugoslavia and Serbia.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jedi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:59 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:The cheese eating surrender monkeys against the undeserving Serbian Yugoslavs.

What a choice.

A word of advice.

This is what the war as all about Croatia gaining independence from Yugoslavia and Serbia.

Not always true. As we used to be part of the same country, today our countries and people are rather similar. This creates an odd relationship where half of the Croatian people are incredibly friendly towards Serbs and consider them 'the same people' while the other half wants to see them all dead. Same goes the other way around. Many of my fathers closest childhood friends are Croatians as he used to often go on holiday there every year as a child before the wars. Even I've went to Croatia back in 2014. and depending on where i was people were incredibly friendly and welcoming but in more urban places where i know ultras live i decided to keep my mouth shut about being Serbian. The Balkans are a weird place.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yago » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:11 pm

I have it on good authority Bosnians hate the both of you tho.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby elkanofan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

What a choice.

A word of advice.

Not always true. As we used to be part of the same country, today our countries and people are rather similar. This creates an odd relationship where half of the Croatian people are incredibly friendly towards Serbs and consider them 'the same people' while the other half wants to see them all dead. Same goes the other way around. Many of my fathers closest childhood friends are Croatians as he used to often go on holiday there every year as a child before the wars. Even I've went to Croatia back in 2014. and depending on where i was people were incredibly friendly and welcoming but in more urban places where i know ultras live i decided to keep my mouth shut about being Serbian. The Balkans are a weird place.

I know, you have Robert Prosineki for example who is both Croatian and Serbian so because you were the same country you still share a bond and many families are intermarried between the two nations, however i was really pointing out Royal Gooners ignorance because he really dosen't understand anything outside of Britain.

And Yago, Bosnians are Croatians usually get on really well, look at Zlatan Ibrahimovic who is both, Mateo Kovacic also and you will see many people like that who are both. My friend who has the same lineage as Zlatan (Swedish from Bosnia) can verify this from many visits to Croatia.

Albania really, really hate Serbia though :hiding:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Racism that's why.

They're just as French as anyone else otherwise why do they wear the French jersey?

What would we say if someone said Lingard or Walker weren't English but Africans?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:58 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

What a choice.

A word of advice.

I know, you have Robert Prosineki for example who is both Croatian and Serbian so because you were the same country you still share a bond and many families are intermarried between the two nations, however i was really pointing out Royal Gooners ignorance because he really dosen't understand anything outside of Britain.

And Yago, Bosnians are Croatians usually get on really well, look at Zlatan Ibrahimovic who is both, Mateo Kovacic also and you will see many people like that who are both. My friend who has the same lineage as Zlatan (Swedish from Bosnia) can verify this from many visits to Croatia.

Albania really, really hate Serbia though :hiding:

I know/have met Albanians, Serbians, Bosnians and Croats and the vast majority of them have no hard feelings toward one another.

Even though it's intelligibly still a sensitive topic, hostility/serenity vastly depends on the age, upbringing and area the individual is from.

Those that I know on a personal level prefer not to talk too much about the war with their former combatants and try to move on with their lives.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Yago wrote:I have it on good authority Bosnians hate the both of you tho.

Bosnians hate everyone, even each other.

St. Louis has the 2nd largest Bosnian population in the world. 2nd to Bosnia itself.

I play football against them on Sundays. They're mean f***ers!! They fight with each other more than their opponents.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA World Cup 2018