Semi-finals

Talk about the the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018™ here.

Re: Semi-finals

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:57 pm

Sir Danny Welbeck tho.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:59 pm

gooney wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
gooney wrote:I am honestly delighted england lose. I cant deal with the exaggeration that comes with england. I swear every player would become a Sir and the greatest had they won

They would have though

Sir jesse lingard trolling on instagram I can see it now

I mean if we won the world cup they would have warranted it, obviously now its been shown they weren't quite good enough it doesn't sound authentic.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby gooney » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
gooney wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
gooney wrote:I am honestly delighted england lose. I cant deal with the exaggeration that comes with england. I swear every player would become a Sir and the greatest had they won

They would have though

I mean if we won the world cup they would have warranted it, obviously now its been shown they weren't quite good enough it doesn't sound authentic.

I dont think winning the world cup warrants becoming a Sir. Maybe if you played huge role yes. Gotze didnt become a god in germany for deciding the world cup. Engalnd tend to overreact
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby 1991 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:07 pm

I don't know how Kane is getting a pass for missing not once, but twice from point blank range. If that was Sterling there'd be bonfires across the country! Ultimately Southgate has to take responsibility for the team not being able to shut up shop, or by the looks of things not even trying to!

Yes lots of positives to take from this World Cup but truthfully they bottled it. Croatia should've been burried in the first half and France will probably do it. England have f***ked their best chance at getting to a World Cup final in half a century.
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
gooney wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:

They would have though

No they wouldn't have.

Bobby Moore wasn't even Knighted and he captained the '66 side.

You don't just Knight 25 players because they win a tournament.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Angelito » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:20 pm

You'd think Moore would have been knighted. Shocker.

Context matters here. England are poverty levels right now so if they'd won the WC, Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane would have been in line for sure.

Not now of course. In around a decade for Southgate and probably after Kane retired from football.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alessio » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:22 pm

That was probably the biggest chance for England to get the World Cup and the best players so far vanished tonight...Kane was awful
alessio
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gooney » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 pm

1 shot on target in 120 min and it was in the first 5 mins loool
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Ok.

WELL DONE ENGLAND!!!

Best tournament since 1990 and a great success all round, far exceeded expectations and played well.

Lost to a far better more talented team on the ball and they gave everything.

The best thing about this defeat is it exposed how limited England are and where they MUST improve, England have a shit midfield. Dogshit. Alli and Lingaard are not midfielders, they are attackers, Henderson is a basic player. The man of the match was Modric and England if they are to win a world cup or do anything special in a international tournament need to develop players like Modric, this is HOW you win world cup with proper special players like that.

I just hope this lesson is learned and arrogance a loser mentallity (England's best chance nonsense) needs to stop. They need to build on this for 2022 and specifically 2026 where the 2000 generation will be at their peak.

England where outplayed and beaten by the better team. You can't play like they did in the first half for 90 minutes, its impossible, they destroyed themselves after that first half, Croatia kept their heads and their class showed from the second half onward where they dominated. Modric, again MOTM! Virtuoso display. Hats off to such a small nation to get to the world cup final, hope they win it, would be an incredible story!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 pm

LMAO wrote:Croatia surprised me. Honestly thought they'd be out of gas going to overtime three consecutive games, but somehow looked like the stronger team as the game went on. Fair play to them and their conditioning.

They make the ball do the work, They didn't run around like maniacs in their matches and kept their heads and stuck to the plan. Guys like Rakitic, Brozovic and Modric are not about pace, they are classy players with technique for days and make the ball do the work. England where exhausted after the first half because they play a high risk flood the box game which is impossible to sustain over 90 minutes, Croatia pressured but played a methodical possession game and focused on crosses for chances.

England's midfield don't have that quality, this is what they must work on.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Sterling coming off killed it
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Are you still in Russia?

If so, GET AAT WHILE YOU CAN SIMS!
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Alli was the worst player all night btw, not sure how he didn’t get subbed.

Anyway f**k this nobody cares about 3rd place or the euros, 4 years time it is.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 pm

gooney wrote:its coming home its coming home....foootballs comming home

How’s sweden doing m8?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Sir Danny Welbeck tho.

Dunno why he didn’t get a chance over shitling, gashford and below pardy :dontknow:
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA World Cup 2018