Quarter-finals

Talk about the the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018™ here.

Re: Quarter-finals

Postby DialSquaregooner » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:44 am

Ach wrote:England boring?

I take it people haven't actually watched their games lol

The only boring game has been the Belgium one and no one gave a shit about that.

Like I said, couldn't care less about club rivalry during a World Cup. Sad and pathetic it is. I was like that during mclaren, capello and Hodgson years tbh but I'm older and wiser now.

They could have 23 Spurs players in that squad and I'd support them this summer.

This, I have to share your thoughts on this. A absolute disgrace some english fans going on about no Arsenal players in squad, how many spuds are in etc. We are supporting are nation not Arsenal at this moment. Save the club loyalty,rivalry for the upcoming domestic campaign you W****rs.
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Everything has gone Englands way.

8 of their 11 goals have been set pieces and penalties.

Super easy group, even if they didn't beat Tunisia, smashing Panama the worst side in the tournament is all england needed to do.

scraped through against a James less Colombia

and beat Sweden who did a miracle just to get there. The fact Sweden got so far really shows how much Germany f***ked up and Mexico shat themselves along with a very poor Switzerland display (Sweden's goal was very lucky)

Now face a tired Croatia in the semi's.

The same age old issues are still there for England, only difference is a likeable manager who has a team playing together, but the midfield is still horseshit, Sterling has played well but is poor in front of goal, defence is shaky. overall they are an average side with power and pace but have played well in a complementary system. This England side in talent is far worse than any side in the last 28-30 years but have somehow in the worst ever of football and in a transition era World Cup managed to slide into the semi's.

Unless Croatia recover which i doubt i expect England to beat them then get handed a new asshole by either France or Belgium which are basically far superior versions of what england are.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:12 pm

That's just it. Germany and mexico f***ked up

We all expected to reach the Quarters at best where if we won the group would face Brazil in the QFs and probably lose or finish runner up and face Germany in the QF and probably lose or even Spain in the Semis

Not our fault Germany weren't good enough to get that far. They should have walked it to the semis but didn't. We took advantage and that's used as a criticism? wtf

I don't expect us to win it. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost to Croatia. Hope not cos they've been shit last 2 games and they've had easier games than ours. Im just enjoying the ride. Its been too long since I could get behind an England side. McLaren destroyed my faith in the team and its taken 12 years to get it back

Need another tournament next summer tbh

f**k club football
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:15 pm

elkanofan wrote:The same age old issues are still there for England, only difference is a likeable manager who has a team playing together.

Yeah. Southgate is a likable guy and for the first time in ages, through sheer accident, England don't have a grandfather as a manager.

Unless Croatia recover which i doubt i expect England to beat them then get handed a new asshole by either France or Belgium which are basically far superior versions of what england are.

Don't underestimate the power of France choking in another major final. :hiding:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:26 pm

To conclude:

It's coming home
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Someone said how can we want a spurs induced england side to win the world cup? Its england, my nation. I dont care who is playing, when its for england Im cheering them all on and I couldnt care less who criticizes me for that. If Kane scored the winner in the final, id go nuts and he'd go down as an England legend but when hes back playing against Arsenal, he would still be the same old knobhead in the NLD, thats football for you. :lol:
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:54 pm

What would be annoying is the number of shit players that would be ‘world up winners’ but can get over that if we win it ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DialSquaregooner » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:01 pm

Santi wrote:What would be annoying is the number of shit players that would be ‘world up winners’ but can get over that if we win it ;)

Welbeck to do a geoff hurst and score a hat trick to win us the WC after Kane gets inured in warm up? :arse fan: Arsenal wc winners then :rofll:
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Fran Solo wrote:England as the most boring sleep inducing team in this semi final just has to lose. Just lose and go home, W****rs. It's really funny to read all the comments in this supposedly Arsenal Forum wanting a Spurs dominated Mourinho inspired Stoke City style of a team winning the World Cup.

And please just don't refer England with a "we" or "us".

I was wondering about this yesterday. :think:

So, the intra-Londo , anti-Tottenham vibe is more important to Londoners than the pro-National Team vibe?

Can this be set up as a poll?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:54 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:England as the most boring sleep inducing team in this semi final just has to lose. Just lose and go home, W****rs. It's really funny to read all the comments in this supposedly Arsenal Forum wanting a Spurs dominated Mourinho inspired Stoke City style of a team winning the World Cup.

and you're clearly just a sad c*** ..... clubs that play in the English Premier League are clearly English .... the clue is in the feckin' name ....

f**k off and support Persipura Jayapura you stupid prick .........

Hey hey, why the name calling, Mate? And please, are you suggesting that only the English can support Arsenal and all the non English people should only support their own local clubs? On the other hand a lot of football fans in my country support England. Are they also wrong?
Last edited by Fran Solo on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:01 pm

Losmeister wrote:

And please just don't refer England with a "we" or "us".

I was wondering about this yesterday. :think:

So, the intra-Londo , anti-Tottenham vibe is more important to Londoners than the pro-National Team vibe?

Can this be set up as a poll?

For the England supporters I think it is a correct thinking to forget any club rivalries because national interest is way more important. But the non England supporters might well have other opinions. Look, I wouldn't say anything that oppose England team if this is an England forum, but this is an Arsenal forum.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:09 pm

:dontknow: not being English, I have no skin in the game, as they say. But I cannot imagine letting pregference for club supercede wish for country of origin to succeed.

As a Yank, the comaprison would be some idiots from Seattle or Portland preferring the USA team to los cos they dont want to hear the ...sounders or timbers players be called WC winners? That seems ridickulous. I mean, annoying during the derby, sure....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:18 pm

By Croatia are far more boring than us and have a better squad. Thought against Sweden we were good and Colombia just ruined the game with their fouls.

Belgium game was boring cos both had shit sides out and Belgium are boring af as well.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Santi wrote:By Croatia are far more boring than us and have a better squad. Thought against Sweden we were good and Colombia just ruined the game with their fouls.

Belgium game was boring cos both had shit sides out and Belgium are boring af as well.

Sounds like everyone is boring.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:43 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Santi wrote:By Croatia are far more boring than us and have a better squad. Thought against Sweden we were good and Colombia just ruined the game with their fouls.

Sounds like everyone is boring.

France are decent, Denmark were good until Croatia made them fall asleep in extra time. Brazil were at the start but got better in their last 2 games.

U are boring tho.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA World Cup 2018