23/04/2017 | Arsenal 2-1 (AET) Manchester City | FA Cup

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal 2-1 (AET) Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby Kite33 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:27 am

Zedie wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Watched a recording of the game as I was busy watching paint dry yesterday.
We were rubbish from start to finish. Got totally outplayed and were lucky to win.
At least Wenger seems to have realised that we have a talentless squad and has resorted to long balls and kicking opponents off the pitch. The Wimbledon tactics are the only way such a bunch of useless players can compete.

You watched the wrong game. City had no ideas against our new wall.


Yeah, the first half was shite granted, but we opened them the f**k up in the second. We defo rode our luck at times, but overall we defo deserved that win coming back from a goal down.

Exactly brother it is our second game with this Formation and i am very satisfied with it. Welbeck could have scored two, holding also one...city were very lucky at the end. Deserved win as you said
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:39 pm

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal 2-1 (AET) Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby Kite33 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:30 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Watched a recording of the game as I was busy watching paint dry yesterday.
We were rubbish from start to finish. Got totally outplayed and were lucky to win.
At least Wenger seems to have realised that we have a talentless squad and has resorted to long balls and kicking opponents off the pitch. The Wimbledon tactics are the only way such a bunch of useless players can compete.

You watched the wrong game. City had no ideas against our new wall.


Sure, we have learned how to park the bus and hoof the ball and opponents around the pitch.
City scored a perfectly legal goal that was chalked off, hit the bar and hit the post and also scored, so our parked bus even needs more work.

It has been a good start and it is Not perfect yet. We could have scored also many goals yesterday. I think sanes cross was out if not then the win feels even greater
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:39 pm

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal 2-1 (AET) Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby Swan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Kite33 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Watched a recording of the game as I was busy watching paint dry yesterday.
We were rubbish from start to finish. Got totally outplayed and were lucky to win.
At least Wenger seems to have realised that we have a talentless squad and has resorted to long balls and kicking opponents off the pitch. The Wimbledon tactics are the only way such a bunch of useless players can compete.

You watched the wrong game. City had no ideas against our new wall.


Sure, we have learned how to park the bus and hoof the ball and opponents around the pitch.
City scored a perfectly legal goal that was chalked off, hit the bar and hit the post and also scored, so our parked bus even needs more work.

It has been a good start and it is Not perfect yet. We could have scored also many goals yesterday. I think sanes cross was out if not then the win feels even greater

No it wasn't it was in
User avatar
Swan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: kitchener , canada

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal vs Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby starmandb » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:43 pm

S4cePL wrote:If this sorry excuse of a team nicks this one in the next 45 min and we get to the final Wenger deserves a one year bump. No doubt about it. We look like Crystal Palace out there.

No he doesn't
He is very well paid to compete and failed too often
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11477
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal 2-1 (AET) Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby S4cePL » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:00 pm

In the league he has, yes, but we are 90 minutes away from a record 13th FA Cup trophy. Given how shite we've played as of February this would be some achievement. I made the comment in the heat of the moment after many beers but I could see him staying for another year if he beats Chelsea.
User avatar
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal vs Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby starmandb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:07 am

Mike Dean wrote:We are going to concede.

We get nervous in these kind of situations.

We have not conceded a goal in extra time since the league cup tie at reading 5 years ago
They made it 5-5 before Walcott put us back front( his hat-trick) before we made it 7-5
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11477
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal vs Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby starmandb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:54 am

immsun wrote:Old arsenal would have scored Six

Last time we scored 6 against city was a 7-3 win at Highbury in 1956
Cliff Holton scored 4
Norman wisdom was the big star on Saturday night television
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11477
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal 2-1 (AET) Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby starmandb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Özilfan wrote:They had double the possession, double the shots. We rode our luck today no doubt. If one their woodworkers went in, if the ref had been against us ...

Still, we looked better than we have for a while at least. With these jokers, we need 3 at the back!

If we win all our remaining games that should give us the FA Cup and the Top 4 trophy. If that happens, I say ...

TWO MORE YEARS

There is no top 4 trophy
There is a no qualification for the champs league quarter final in 7 years or a title in 13 years
His performances have not been good enough
He should be sacked
Last edited by starmandb on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11477
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal 2-1 (AET) Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby starmandb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:03 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:going by the post match interview wenger is staying. Basically said you cant question his commitment and loyalty to the club.

You do understand he gets very well paid for doing this job
He has failed totally in his commitment to make us as competitive as possible
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11477
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal 2-1 (AET) Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby starmandb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:15 pm

S4cePL wrote:In the league he has, yes, but we are 90 minutes away from a record 13th FA Cup trophy. Given how shite we've played as of February this would be some achievement. I made the comment in the heat of the moment after many beers but I could see him staying for another year if he beats Chelsea.

I can see him staying if we lose every game between now and the end of the season but it doesn't mean that he should.
He has had plenty of leeway to put what's going wrong right because of his 1st 12 years
It has been more than apparent over the last 6 years that he is unable to change
I would be delighted with an fa cup win and a place at europes top table but wengers failure in both that competition and the league proves he is not the right man to manage arsenal anymore
That point is clear weather in a state of sobriety or a 17 narcotic cocktail bender
He has to go
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11477
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Previous

Return to Matchday chat 16/17

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest