23/04/2017 | Arsenal 2-1 (AET) Manchester City | FA Cup

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal 2-1 (AET) Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Where's all Then twats who wanted us to lose????????????? Yeah f**k offffffff!!

I've had no food eeeek
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:14 pm

I'm still reeling from the quality of that ox cross and also still slightly pissed off that welbz didn't cut back to Sanchez in normal time.

Tbf, win or lose, I'm actually really proud of the boys today. I can accept a loss as long as the guys give everything and are beaten by brilliance and today, after we went down by one, the response is what I want from my team.

Ox, holding, gabriel were standouts today, absolute giants.

This formation seems to have protected Xhaka a lot more than I remember, he didn't ever really look exposed today and he also put in a performance he can be proud of at least defensively.

Happy that sanchez scored too, actually loved monreals face when he scored too, that was pure joy and angry relief etched across his face.

All in all, we defo deserved that game on balance and I hope we can at least salvage some pride back this season through our performances.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:28 pm

PEP IS BALD
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Özilfan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Sims wrote:PEP IS BALD

Many an Arsenal legend and supporter has been bald. What's your point?
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby KG3 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Zedie wrote:I'm still reeling from the quality of that ox cross and also still slightly pissed off that welbz didn't cut back to Sanchez in normal time.

Tbf, win or lose, I'm actually really proud of the boys today. I can accept a loss as long as the guys give everything and are beaten by brilliance and today, after we went down by one, the response is what I want from my team.

This formation seems to have protected Xhaka a lot more than I remember, he didn't ever really look exposed today and he also put in a performance he can be proud of at least defensively.

Happy that sanchez scored too, actually loved monreals face when he scored too, that was pure joy and angry relief etched across his face.

All in all, we defo deserved that game on balance and I hope we can at least salvage some pride back this season through our performances.

Yayas not exactly rapid these days and Fernandinho is a DM so no real test from either of those two only had worry about KDB burning him in terms of pace and he's not exactly rapid either.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby redordead » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:17 pm

lets hope the lads kick on from this,was quiet impressed with the way we played after the 1st half well done arsenal still need change but for now lets enjoy it.its been a while since we had anything to be happy about.
I set myself some very low standards in which i fail to achieve
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Poor Mikel. He could've been a winner.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Sims wrote:PEP IS BALD

You rate Pep.

:rofll:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Re: 23/04/2017 | Arsenal vs Manchester City | FA Cup

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Zedie wrote:
redordead wrote:that 2nd half was the best ive seen from this team for a very long time

Yeah, the first half we looked lost going forward, but we have really fallen into shape this second half. Can't wait until we get the right players for this system if Wenger does stay.

It's a shame we seem to choose our games. If we played in the last games like we did today, we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:46 pm

KG3 wrote:
Zedie wrote:I'm still reeling from the quality of that ox cross and also still slightly pissed off that welbz didn't cut back to Sanchez in normal time.

Yayas not exactly rapid these days and Fernandinho is a DM so no real test from either of those two only had worry about KDB burning him in terms of pace and he's not exactly rapid either.

They weren't the only two he was matched up against. I don't think it's the players, more the system that he has been played In this season.

He's been burned up by far slower players than those two because of our complete disconnect between attack and defence and the way we stretch out on the attack so much.

Our new system allows support from all corners for him so he isn't as isolated all the time and then put in the positions where he goes full tilt and gets destroyed or sent to the tunnel.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:02 pm

f**k

just got home, feel like a dead dog but what a day

f***ing loved every second and didn't think about wenger once til now. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSENALLLLLLLLL
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:Now I want to go on FB and wind up mates who are Spurs fans but I know Wenger will find a way of making regret it tomorrow!

Please please
I implore you
Don't do it
It is not the arsenal way
It f***ing sickened me on Friday when they were doing a special on 5 live about the 1991 semi final and all you could hear in the background was Spurs fans singing where's your double gone
We are better than that
Class has a voice of its own
Our only concern is how well we do
f**k Spurs
And if we do get beat
That's when you get your shirt on not skulk in the shadows
I'm proud to be an arsenal fan every day of my life
High profile when we lose
Low profile when we win is the arsenal way

Rubbish. The whole point of derby games being special is the banter. Not in a nasty, fighting way. Just in a laughing with your mates. Not living in London it shouldn't be the same for me but quite a few spurs fans have come out of the woodwork in recent seasons!

Born and bred in north London
Indeed
Laugh with your mates
But trolling and Facebook bollocks is small time and beneath us
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:20 pm

Tex Texas wrote:You have to ask yourself, do you even want to see a team like this Arsenal team today in the Fa-cup final...
All Wenger, as always, no pace, no gameplan, no nothing, waiting only one lucky goal..

Yes
I want a team that find a way to win
The 2005 fa cup final says arsenal winners
starmandb

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:29 pm

starmandb wrote:
Tex Texas wrote:You have to ask yourself, do you even want to see a team like this Arsenal team today in the Fa-cup final...
All Wenger, as always, no pace, no gameplan, no nothing, waiting only one lucky goal..

Yes
I want a team that find a way to win
The 2005 fa cup final says arsenal winners

^^^^^^^

Some people do baffle me with this 'not wanting to win/have to win the perfect way' lark. I'll take a trophy however it comes.

People didn't think we could win today, myself pretty much included (although that went out the window by the time I arrived at finchley road) but guess what....?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:31 pm

:clap: this should be in the all-time great posts thread.

class.

"starmandb wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:
Now I want to go on FB and wind up mates who are Spurs fans but I know Wenger will find a way of making regret it tomorrow!

Please please
I implore you
Don't do it
It is not the arsenal way
It f***ing sickened me on Friday when they were doing a special on 5 live about the 1991 semi final and all you could hear in the background was Spurs fans singing where's your double gone
We are better than that
Class has a voice of its own
Our only concern is how well we do
f**k Spurs
And if we do get beat
That's when you get your shirt on not skulk in the shadows
I'm proud to be an arsenal fan every day of my life
High profile when we lose
Low profile when we win is the arsenal way
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham