11/03/2017 | Arsenal 5-0 Lincoln City | FA Cup

Re: 11/03/2017 | Arsenal vs Lincoln City | FA Cup

Postby diesel » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Mustafi wrote:
Cripps wrote:Want us to win. Don't care if we lose. That's my position ATM.

same here

Almost same here.
Want us to win.
Care if we lose but no longer care enough to get angry.
Desperate to force change but feel powerless. If I thought 1000 would storm the pitch at the final whistle on Saturday to bring this to a head I would join but fear next to no one would so you end up with lifetime ban and miss out when the c*** finally goes and we get some semblance of our Arsenal back
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Dubs4Sam » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Mustafi wrote:
Cripps wrote:Want us to win. Don't care if we lose. That's my position ATM.

same here

Summed up - :clap:
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby KG3 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:11 pm

-------------------Martinez------------------
Debuchy--Gabriel--Holding--Gibbs

------------------Niles--Jeff-----------------
-----------------------Ozil---------------------

Iwobi--------------Perez----------Welbeck

Ospina, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Coquelin, Zelalem, Walcott, Giroud
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby arsenalpan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Angelito wrote:
Ospina
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
Xhaka
Ramsey - Oxlade
Theo - Lucas - Alexis

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I kind of agree with Mecurial.

If we lose to Lincoln at home, on the back of our humiliating exit to Munich, then I think Wenger is 100% gone. His position would be untenable, even for him.

If we win the FA Cup I think he'll sign a two year extension. Wenger's minions will come crawling out of the woodwork and claim the cup makes up for this abortion of a season, everything will be swept under the carpet.

I want us to win, but I want Wenger gone...It's a catch-22.

Indeed, but the little Gooner in me wants us to win the FA Cup for the moment, the feeling. I don't want the man to take away from the enjoyment of winning our 14th FA Cup.

It's catch-22 no doubt, no doubt.

Why not Holding? I like this kid very much.
And I think it's time to rebuild the mid filed. Sanchez has to be go back to left and put Perez plays at right side. Ox and Xhaka play deep with Ozil in the hole. Just want to make Sanchez, Perez and Ozil closer to get some control of the game. ST? Giroud or Welbeck, or even Walcott, doesnt matter.
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Just realized that I'm probably missing this for my cousins wedding.

The last wedding in my family was a while ago, but I remember we also played that day. We lost to Stoke and it pissed me off so much. I'm going to miss this game but something tells me I won't even care...
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:14 am

Pudpop wrote:Just realized that I'm probably missing this for my cousins wedding.

The last wedding in my family was a while ago, but I remember we also played that day. We lost to Stoke and it pissed me off so much. I'm going to miss this game but something tells me I won't even care...

Can I come to the wedding and miss this as well?

Hope this doesn't go to extra time
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:16 am

Cripps wrote:
Pudpop wrote:Just realized that I'm probably missing this for my cousins wedding.

Yeah you can be my date
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:01 am

Last family wedding I went to we beat Chelsea 5-3 at the bridge, couldn't believe it when I checked the score at FT.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:06 am

Pudpop wrote:
Cripps wrote:

Yeah you can be my date

Enjoy it, though.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby coach8smallball » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:03 pm

2 things:
1. please start perez
2. and I do want us to win.

sorry MG, I'm with the wenger out, but I think us winning the FA Cup might actually help kick the Grinch out the door. let it be his swan song and leave with what little semblance of dignity he has left.

and even if we face whomever in the final.....if we can play like we did vs BM in the 1st half of the 2nd leg.....we can win the cup.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby MecurialGooner » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:11 pm

coach8smallball wrote:2 things:
1. please start perez

sorry MG, I'm with the wenger out, but I think us winning the FA Cup might actually help kick the Grinch out the door. let it be his swan song and leave with what little semblance of dignity he has left.

and even if we face whomever in the final.....if we can play like we did vs BM in the 1st half of the 2nd leg.....we can win the cup.

You know what, I admire your faith.I think its admirable you actually believe he will step down if he wins the FA cup. Everybody is entitled to their opinions.

Sadly. I Know the reality of what will happen.
The man doesn't want to leave the club. Winning the FA cup will strengthen his hand in the club. The board don't want him gone, he doesn't want to go. They've already told you the decision will be mutually agreed. It's absolutely unbelievable that people really think if he wins the FA cup, he will go. i guess people haven't been stung enough. My cynicism comes from the fact I can read this man inside-out.

He will be here for another 4 years if he wins the FA cup. Mark my words, trust it 100%. Once again he signs an extension if he wins it. the AKBs will forgive the season, the board will say "see, he came good in the end"

You can scoff at it if you want to. Self-delusion is a wonderful thing sometimes. This man will surprise you all. There is nothing about him that indicates he is willing to step down on his own accord. If you think an FA cup win will help that, all I can say is we'll just have to wait and see

Buckle up for 2-4 more years if he lifts the cup. I'm that sure of it, that we can bet if you want. Quote this for posterity.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby coach8smallball » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:22 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:
1. please start perez

You know what, I admire your faith.I think its admirable you actually believe he will step down if he wins the FA cup. Everybody is entitled to their opinions.

The man doesn't want to leave the club. Winning the FA cup will strengthen his hand in the club. The board don't want him gone, he doesn't want to go. They've already told you the decision will be mutually agreed. It's absolutely unbelievable that people really think if he wins the FA cup, he will go. i guess people haven't been stung enough. My cynicism comes from the fact I can read this man inside-out.

He will be here for another 4 years if he wins the FA cup. Mark my words, trust it 100%. Once again he signs an extension if he wins it. the AKBs will forgive the season, the board will say "see, he came good in the end"

You can scoff at it if you want to. Self-delusion is a wonderful thing sometimes. This man will surprise you all. There is nothing about him that indicates he is willing to step down on his own accord. If you think an FA cup win will help that, all I can say is we'll just have to wait and see

Buckle up for 2-4 more years if he lifts the cup. I'm that sure of it, that we can bet if you want. Quote this for posterity.

notice I said "might", doesn't necessarily mean I have faith he will step down. I guess it's more wishful/hope that he'll do what's right. as much as his behavior and attitude toward us fans makes your perspective a logical assumption, I'm hoping he'll wake up to the reality sitting in front of him & the board.

and if we happen to be down by a couple goals, and if I've had enough Guinness in me.....I may just start calling for our opponents to pile it on......

just saying.....I do have a wee bit of the "hulk smash" in me when the time comes.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby MecurialGooner » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:27 pm

coach8smallball wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:
1. please start perez

notice I said "might", doesn't necessarily mean I have faith he will step down. I guess it's more wishful/hope that he'll do what's right. as much as his behavior and attitude toward us fans makes your perspective a logical assumption, I'm hoping he'll wake up to the reality sitting in front of him & the board.

and if we happen to be down by a couple goals, and if I've had enough Guinness in me.....I may just start calling for our opponents to pile it on......

just saying.....I do have a wee bit of the "hulk smash" in me when the time comes.

I hear you man. we all want the best for Arsenal. these are crazy times for the club and its fans.

We've been pushed to breaking point.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby indy23 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Shitty thing is i think our season may end up finishing vs spurs in this final and imagine if we lost that game. Nightmare scenario but very possible
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby coach8smallball » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:44 pm

indy23 wrote:Shitty thing is i think our season may end up finishing vs spurs in this final and imagine if we lost that game. Nightmare scenario but very possible

yes, but possibly a necessary evil for the w***er to leave. I'd hate to see it happen though
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2016-17