15/02/2017 | Bayern Munich 5-1 Arsenal | UCL

Re: 15/02/2017 | Bayern Munich vs Arsenal | UCL

Postby elkanofan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:52 am

Ok. i need to vent a bit.

A big powercut at work ment i had the day off to watch the game. Looking forward to it and thinking we could come to Bayern and leave with a decent result, looking to banish the failures from the past and if it is Wengers last season. See him off with a nice run in the champions league.

Instead thats possibly if not the worst Arsenal match or half i have ever seen bar the 8-2.

I mean against Chelsea in the 6-0 we had a man sent off early. This game was a total, unforgivable mental collapse

I think the defining moment wasant the goals, it was before then with Gibbs as stand in captain. A player who couldnt lead a cub scout group let alone a football team of any kind. Really shows just how rotten, stale and broken our club is. No fight, no compsure, no idea, no teamwork, just an empty team with a manager empty of ideas.

Wenger must go at the end of the season. Sadly like with Brian Clough, there is no happy ending here.

Our season is on the brink of total collapse which may be needed so we reboot next summer.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby immsun » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:35 am

Still dont get how we dropped the ball so easily.We started the second half well also but suddenly after that Kos sub everything went haywire.Cant find a explanation for that.Its like some lightning struck and all players just went Blank.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dubs4Sam » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:17 am

That was a cluster f**k of how to defend.

Push up and press or slot in front of the back four and make two deep banks of defence - which is it?

It was a mix piss pot of both - did they not know their f***ing defensive job.

1) Bould and Wenger didn't do theirs
2) Players ignored instructions

Either way unlike other top teams and managers if it is point 2 as I suspect no one will be punished via being benched - which is what Fergie / Jose would do - actually they would do it at half time.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gunpowder » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:30 am

Mesüt wrote:
Bayernfan wrote:
Mesüt wrote:cba to find any highlights btw but did robben score the opener with his left foot?

i mean I dunno who let him on it but if there's one obvious thing that would be the first thing I'd do against Robben is show him ONTO HIS RIGHT f***ing FOOT. Please tell me it was just a right footed wonder strike and not yet another piece of retarded defending from our lot, i heard the strike was good but that doesn't excuse it if he's cut inside from the right.

Yh look at that absolutely disgraceful defending from Coquelin, would sell him just for that tbh. Schoolboy stuff.

Forget Robben, Coq has to know Gibbs and Iwobi are to his left and that side is pretty much covered. Closing the middle was the only the decision there was to make.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:52 am

Gunpowder wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Bayernfan wrote:
Mesüt wrote:cba to find any highlights btw but did robben score the opener with his left foot?

i mean I dunno who let him on it but if there's one obvious thing that would be the first thing I'd do against Robben is show him ONTO HIS RIGHT f***ing FOOT. Please tell me it was just a right footed wonder strike and not yet another piece of retarded defending from our lot, i heard the strike was good but that doesn't excuse it if he's cut inside from the right.

Yh look at that absolutely disgraceful defending from Coquelin, would sell him just for that tbh. Schoolboy stuff.

Forget Robben, Coq has to know Gibbs and Iwobi are to his left and that side is pretty much covered. Closing the middle was the only the decision there was to make.
The sad thing is he doesn't.

His lack of awareness during the entire game last night was unbelievable - misplaced passes, poor positioning, losing the ball. Basic stuff wasn't even done.

That said, it wasn't just coq.

25% possession??

FS - we had to kick off five times - that alone gives us possession.... :angry: :angry: :angry:
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby antfosfosant » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:43 am

Six times
antfosfosant
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Sims » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:37 am

Another funny stat from yesterday

Coquelin with 46 minutes without a single pass
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Nuggets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 pm

3 fooking players around Robben and not one of them put a decent tackle in tossers.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 pm

antfosfosant wrote:Six times
:redface: :redface: :redface: hahaha....yeah..... :lol:
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Gibbs being captain last night WTF was all that about?? strange to say the least, what a clusterfcuk.
Nuggets

Postby Bayernfan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Angelito wrote:Hey Bayernfan, I think the Carlo factor might be kicking in now. Carlo's teams usually develop momentum during this time of the season and finish strongly.

Well that's possible but it was a against a poor Arsenal without any tactical knowledge I saw yesterday and still Bayern was in trouble for 50 minutes until Kos injury. It was 50 minutes of boring Bayern despite Robben individual achievement.

Yes the Bayern we saw isn't the same Bayern as the one against 11-men wall Bundesliga team away with -8°C. It was more the same Bayern as the one against Leipzig and Atletico. But it's still a Bayern, not weak, but quite average (in Bayern standards)

I'll wait a game against Juve, Man City, Monaco, PSG or else to have a really clue about all this story I guess.

Well tonight the only thing I'm 100% right is, and I knew it, it's better for big clubs to play home first and away after.

PSG game prove it too. Same as a long list of game in the past years.
Bayernfan
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Pudpop » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:43 pm

5 f***ing 1

The worst part? I'd rate that as our 7th or 8th worst performance this season. Shambolic

Yet completely expected
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dubs4Sam » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Trying not to be a Captain Hindsight - but why was Iwobi and Xhaka playing.

Iwobi has no pace and is only good in games where we have the possession yet the game plan and rightly so was to try break on them. - Welbeck or Walcott for that.

Xhaka the man is slow and is guaranteed a yellow card esp against a team who is going to have that much possession - your CM/DM would have to tug in and fill in gaps but Xhaka doesn't have the mobility or speed for that; so why not play Elenhy.

Gibbs is also debateable but less so.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Bayernfan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:07 pm

What a troll
Bayernfan
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby KG3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Dubs4Sam wrote:Trying not to be a Captain Hindsight - but why was Iwobi and Xhaka playing.

Iwobi has no pace and is only good in games where we have the possession yet the game plan and rightly so was to try break on them. - Welbeck or Walcott for that.

Xhaka the man is slow and is guaranteed a yellow card esp against a team who is going to have that much possession - your CM/DM would have to tug in and fill in gaps but Xhaka doesn't have the mobility or speed for that; so why not play Elenhy.

Gibbs is also debateable but less so.

Agree with Iwobi and Xhaka, Gibbs was there to deal with the pace of Robben and he did well tbf first goal was due to Coquelin not tracking Robben and Lewandowskis goal was due to Iwobi leaving Gibbs two vs one against Robben and Lahm.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2016-17