07/01/2017 | Preston North End 1-2 Arsenal | FA Cup

Re: 07/01/2017 | Preston North End vs Arsenal | FA Cup

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Losmeister wrote:btw, i for one, am glad that Ollie is havinig a good run, and that the vitriol of the fanbase is being called out for what it is.
he's a good player, not great. useful. no he's not thierry henry or ibra or lewa or aguero or sanchez or suarez.

Exactly. He is doing an amazing job saving our arse plenty of times already. The standards set for him as a benchmark of success by his detractors would be hard to surpass even for the legendary TH14
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Zedie wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Zedie wrote:Giroud haters once again in disarray

:rofll: :rofll:

Except you guys fail to acknowledge that those criticising him refer to our style of play when he starts compared to alexis or welbeck up top. He's scoring super important goals and doing well as an impact player but if still rather he didn't start tbh

Really?

I acknowledge that all the time and gave done for a while ie wanting a super star striker. My only problem has ever been with people that constantly whine about him through good form or bad and expect him to be the superstar striker they want.

It's not his fault he's not he's been our only striker up until this season. Neither is it his fault that he's not an elite player, but the abuse he's received for years now and even to this day has been well over the top and you know it.

Giroud is in a great run of form atm, but sanchez up top helps us a lot more overall, it's never been debatable (apart from the people who were adamant that he couldn't work at ST when we signed him).

He's doing what he should be doing, ie serving the team and getting ready to come off the bench when sanchez is back up top or step in when we play against a guaranteed bus Park team.

Then him scoring another late goal shouldn't put any 'haters in disarray', it's what is expected but so is the general performance we saw tonight when he starts.

I love his late goals and key contributions lately, also love his fighter attitude but would choose Sanchez or Danny to start ST over him as it benefits the overall team performance more. I guess we agree (ish) on that so I just disagree with your original Comment :) do get bored of this 'l8er h8ers' shit which is prob why I bothered to say anything
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:56 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Losmeister wrote:btw, i for one, am glad that Ollie is havinig a good run, and that the vitriol of the fanbase is being called out for what it is.
he's a good player, not great. useful. no he's not thierry henry or ibra or lewa or aguero or sanchez or suarez.

Exactly. He is doing an amazing job saving our arse plenty of times already. The standards set for him as a benchmark of success by his detractors would be hard to surpass even for the legendary TH14

After 5 years I am aamazed some people still cant see giroud for what he is. Yes he scores goals.....never as many as the top strikers. But he has strangled our attack big time and we have to adapt to him. This is why we are so stationary. He has made the whole attack standing still and about him. So what he gives you is obvious, but what he takes from you is even more.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:56 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Except you guys fail to acknowledge that those criticising him refer to our style of play when he starts compared to alexis or welbeck up top. He's scoring super important goals and doing well as an impact player but if still rather he didn't start tbh

You are digging a hole and you still aren't giving up I have to give it to you

Nope, maybe try reading it again buddy. then you can slag Welbeck off just for fun while you're at it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby BS221B » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:57 pm

gooney wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

After 5 years I am aamazed some people still cant see giroud for what he is. Yes he scores goals.....never as many as the top strikers. But he has strangled our attack big time and we have to adapt to him. This is why we are so stationary. He has made the whole attack standing still and about him. So what he gives you is obvious, but what he takes from you is even more.

I wouldnt mind him "strangling" our attack as long as he makes us win ;)
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:57 pm

gooney wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

Exactly, but he scored a few important goals lately so now is not the right time on the forum for a post like this gooney :naughty:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:02 pm

BS221B wrote:
gooney wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

I wouldnt mind him "strangling" our attack as long as he makes us win ;)

He hasnt since he has been here and he wont do it enough. We are competing with Kane, Costa, Zlatan and Aguero
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:02 pm

gooney wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

But have we adapted to him? Do we cross enough? Do we pull defenses wide opening up space for him? Do we play balls long to him? Or do we play exactly the same way as we play with Sanchez starting and expect him to be the same kind of player?
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
gooney wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

But have we adapted to him? Do we cross enough? Do we pull defenses wide opening up space for him? Do we play balls long to him? Or do we play exactly the same way as we play with Sanchez starting and expect him to be the same kind of player?

Ask the man you mention in your sig
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:07 pm

Mesüt wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

You are digging a hole and you still aren't giving up I have to give it to you

Nope, maybe try reading it again buddy. then you can slag Welbeck off just for fun while you're at it.

I haven't made a single remark about Welbeck today. When he does well i will compliment him wholeheartedly and if i don't call me out. I admit i have had a go at him but not when he has played well. People can Tear Giroud apart as much as they want to but i expect them to do when he has had a sh*t day. That is not directed at you per se but in general.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:19 pm

We got away with that. Still, we're in the 4th round now. We can now watch the pressure on the other clubs to get through. Here's hoping for a nice Wimbledon/Sutton or Millwall in the next round.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Wow.. I see we got a massive result away to Preston. Did not expect that.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Surprised we won after that first half.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:We got away with that. Still, we're in the 4th round now. We can now watch the pressure on the other clubs to get through. Here's hoping for a nice Wimbledon/Sutton or Millwall in the next round.

For the 21st year running. The Fantastic Arsene Cup.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:42 am

We won .... that's about all you need to know .... the term 'entitled' could be written for this squad .... they think it's a given that they are going to win and put in the minimum effort required .... normally after going behind to a lesser side .... we just won't get away with that against better well organised teams ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2016-17