03/01/2017 | Bournemouth 3-3 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 03/01/2017 | Bournemouth vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:05 pm

I can't believe we drew. I closed down my computer a 3-0 and check the final score and wow. It doesn't matter that we dropped 2 points and that we started like horseshit, that is a mental soother and will leave us with some confidence. Chelsea have pretty much got this, that is clear but we are only 3 points off of second and second in this league is well worthy of respect. Lets hope we can get it again.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby immsun » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:07 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:I can't believe we drew. I closed down my computer a 3-0 and check the final score and wow. It doesn't matter that we dropped 2 points and that we started like horseshit, that is a mental soother and will leave us with some confidence. Chelsea have pretty much got this, that is clear but we are only 3 points off of second and second in this league is well worthy of respect. Lets hope we can get it again.

Can you please perma ban yourself
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:08 pm

So ignoring all my criticisms of the game and how much I think Wenger has ruined this club etc etc, I think this game might be the one that proves we are indeed a different team this season. Unfortunately, this 'different' does not mean that we're good enough to win the league (although, had we signed Xhaka Perez and Mustafi last season we'd have walked it) but it does bode well for our CL match against Bayern.

I genuinely think we have a chance of a semi-final appearance this year, if anything because we might just pull something out of the bag against Bayern and get a lucky draw in the Quarters.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Shocking Wenger post match interview.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Zenith wrote:

Let me guess

Mental strenght and unlucky?
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Big Poppa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:20 pm

Pudpop wrote:So ignoring all my criticisms of the game and how much I think Wenger has ruined this club etc etc, I think this game might be the one that proves we are indeed a different team this season. Unfortunately, this 'different' does not mean that we're good enough to win the league (although, had we signed Xhaka Perez and Mustafi last season we'd have walked it) but it does bode well for our CL match against Bayern.

I genuinely think we have a chance of a semi-final appearance this year, if anything because we might just pull something out of the bag against Bayern and get a lucky draw in the Quarters.

How people make extrapolations and prophecies with a side like Arsenal is beyond me. We're as likely to lose 5-0 to Bayern as we are to win 1-0. This game showed us nothing that we haven't seen in any of the last 5 seasons. The crux of it is we can't handle the pressure of being expected to win. As soon as we hit top of the league, we struggle. As soon as we take a lead we drop back. It's only when we're down and out or facing incredibly poor opposition that gift us time and space that we perform.

Wenger's rotations are horrible and random. This doesn't help. He neglects width and pace in attack, and fails to identify and change things when the writing's on the wall. At the end of it, we manage to salvage some sort of token result, to keep afloat. It's a bit like being married to someone who you hate and keep trying to leave, but then she always gives you one last heavenly shag and you think "that felt good, I'll give it one more try".
Big Poppa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Hulkibulk » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:24 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:I can't believe we drew. I closed down my computer a 3-0 and check the final score and wow. It doesn't matter that we dropped 2 points and that we started like horseshit, that is a mental soother and will leave us with some confidence. Chelsea have pretty much got this, that is clear but we are only 3 points off of second and second in this league is well worthy of respect. Lets hope we can get it again.

This is disturbing mentallity by an supporter. Dont blame u tough, wenger does this with ppl.
Hulkibulk
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Hulkibulk » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:30 pm

I have an announcement. You couldnt care less, but because of this i just broke up with my gf.
I dont live in "my" city anymore, where my team win everything that can be won. I need to be with my fellow hardcore supporters and experience a team that actually win trophys. Now im moving 650 miles back home. #Feelsgood
Hulkibulk
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Callum wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:played like shit, but were still f***ked out of 3 points by the ref

What did the ref do? Missed most of the game.

Their 3rd goal was some bullshit
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:32 pm

BouncySean wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote: but were still f***ked out of 3 points by the ref

Such bull Bournemouth deserved at least 1 if not 2 more pens than they got.

lol, no. When?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:34 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
BouncySean wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote: but were still f***ked out of 3 points by the ref

Such bull Bournemouth deserved at least 1 if not 2 more pens than they got.

lol, no. When?

There was talk of a Monreal handball. Missed this particular moment myself so can't comment on it.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Sounds like we just got away with it, should have played the first 20 like the last 20.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:42 pm

I was at the Bournemouth game when they beat Utd the week after they had just beat Chelsea.

Sometimes I have to pinch myself and remember which is supposed to be the big team out of Bournemouth and Arsenal.

Could you ever believe someone would say they'd like to support Bournemouth over Arsenal but won't because that would be bandwagoning?

Yes its really that bad (Per finances per output and results).
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Zedie wrote:Giroud is a God

If this were true he'd have scored a brace to win us the game ........ you know, like what Henry and Van Persie used to do for us.

I've always said Giroud is usually good for a goal, but he'll never get you that 2 or 3 that win you competitive games.

Sanchez has managed it this season even Perez has managed it, Giroud is not only limited in ability he's limited in out put as well, that's always been my disappointment with him as our no1 choice.

......... and this is him on top form.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Giroud was poor but cant knock his numbers

Absolute shit for 87 mins but got 2 assists and a goal

Did f all v Palace for 89 mins, scored goal of the season in the other minute

His shot to goal ratio must be awesome cos hes never around to miss chances as hes off doing his hair but when he can be bothered, he scores
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2016-17