03/01/2017 | Bournemouth 3-3 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 03/01/2017 | Bournemouth vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby BouncySean » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:52 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
BouncySean wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote: but were still f***ked out of 3 points by the ref

Such bull Bournemouth deserved at least 1 if not 2 more pens than they got.

lol, no. When?

Cech brought down a player as did Mustafi.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:53 pm

Cripps wrote:Giroud was poor but cant knock his numbers

Absolute shit for 87 mins but got 2 assists and a goal

Did f all v Palace for 89 mins, scored goal of the season in the other minute

His shot to goal ratio must be awesome cos hes never around to miss chances as hes off doing his hair but when he can be bothered, he scores

True, as I said he's on top form ......... but the question is, is this good enough to win us a title?

That answer is a resounding no, we're also not doing any better .... check that, we're doing worse than when Theo / Sanchez / Ozil were doing their wonder show with Sanchez up front.

Giroud nicking one goal is no better than the goal, braces and hat trick Sanchez has been giving us .......... you know the guy that was top scorer in the league not so long ago?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 pm

Its incredible we have Alexis who was I think joint with Costa as top scorer shifted to the left to bring in Giroud.

Whilst he has been scoring, the rest of our game has gone to shit and its been showing.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:58 pm

BouncySean wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
BouncySean wrote:

lol, no. When?

Complete shit. Both got all ball.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:00 pm

^^ Agreed

Both Cech and Mustafi got the ball first. So there was no way those were penalties
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:05 pm

Cripps wrote:Its incredible we have Alexis who was I think joint with Costa as top scorer shifted to the left to bring in Giroud.

Whilst he has been scoring, the rest of our game has gone to shit and its been showing.

Same sh*t different season, why after 5 seasons do some people still get tricked into thinking this is the answer?

Seriously my hopes were only ever up while Sanchez was doing well, now he's been shunted back out wide after giving us some of the best forward play we've seen since RVP, I have no hope anymore because I've seen this routine fail year after year.

This is not an agenda this is reality and a lot previous experience.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nejch » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:06 pm

His shot to goal ratio must be awesome cos hes never around to miss chances as hes off doing his hair but when he can be bothered, he scores

This is exactly what I was talking about the other day in the Giroud thread. Sets up 2 goals and scores to get us a point from a dreadful game but he's still deemed poor. He just can't catch a break. What does it matter when he scored? He did his job today and most of the players around him did not. Was he supposed to score a hat trick and complement it with some assists as well? Get a grip please
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:08 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
BouncySean wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
BouncySean wrote:

lol, no. When?

Complete shit. Both got all ball.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Big Poppa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:10 pm

He is quite simply, the best header of a ball in the premier league. If he was playing in a side that had a player like Beckham in his prime, he'd walk his way to top scorer. But alas, we only put in crosses out of desperation, when we're chasing leads or when nothing else is on. That's probably why he scores so many late goals and also why he is so ineffective most of the game.

Wenger's trying to build an orchaestra around a rock star. He's going to hit a few notes in spectacular fashion from time to time but we looked a much better side overall with Alexis up front.
Big Poppa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cripps » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:20 pm

Big Poppa wrote:

He is quite simply, the best header of a ball in the premier league. If he was playing in a side that had a player like Beckham in his prime, he'd walk his way to top scorer. But alas, we only put in crosses out of desperation, when we're chasing leads or when nothing else is on. That's probably why he scores so many late goals and also why he is so ineffective most of the game.

Wenger's trying to build an orchaestra around a rock star. He's going to hit a few notes in spectacular fashion from time to time but we looked a much better side overall with Alexis up front.

Hence he should only be used as plan B.

He has his role. Starting games for us is not one of them. I said it after the Palace game and again now. Use him in the way City used Dzeko and Alexis as Aguero.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Lateral » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:22 pm

BouncySean wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
BouncySean wrote:

lol, no. When?

that moment when you make up bullshit against your own team just to support your argument... pathetic.
Arsenal haven't won a trophy since 6 August 2017 and haven't won a big game since 8 March 2018.
Lateral
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:25 pm

Hulkibulk wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:I can't believe we drew. I closed down my computer a 3-0 and check the final score and wow. It doesn't matter that we dropped 2 points and that we started like horseshit, that is a mental soother and will leave us with some confidence. Chelsea have pretty much got this, that is clear but we are only 3 points off of second and second in this league is well worthy of respect. Lets hope we can get it again.

This is disturbing mentality by an supporter. Dont blame u tough, wenger does this with ppl.

I don't see why I can't be happy about a 3 goal comeback in the last 20 minutes (if that's what you mean). That is a positive story, especially as we are more known (although losing it) for being the team that lets teams comeback at them.

We haven't won the league in 13 years, we are not expected to win the league, those who behave like we have to win the league I don't even know where they are coming from. Not even Chelsea, City or United 'have' to win the league really, only 1 can win it and there are many top contenders, all with more experience of winning than we do.

The worst thing you can do as an arsenal fan is kid yourself into thinking second isn't a good finish for us and if that is the case prepare to be disappointed for a long time yet unless a lot of things click into place. I believe the ability to win the league is within us but recognise we are outsiders.

Like I say we have had some crappy results recently yet are still only 3 points off of second, I am not going to get all salty and upset about it. There is a long way to go yet.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Big Poppa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:27 pm

Cripps wrote:
Big Poppa wrote:

Hence he should only be used as plan B.

He has his role. Starting games for us is not one of them. I said it after the Palace game and again now. Use him in the way City used Dzeko and Alexis as Aguero.

Frustrating isn't it? Even if you throw him on as a sub, if he's being flanked by inverted wide forwards, their first instinct is to cut inside and look for a 1-2. Even Theo, he rarely looks to beat the full back or stay wide. Only Ox really does this with regularity and you've seen the results. It also renders Ozil next to useless when he plays.

The alternative is relying on our full backs to push forward and that leaves us horribly exposed at the back (let's face it, they aren't exactly world class defenders). What astounds me is Wenger has had far longer than any other coach at any other top club would have to see this and fix it, but he never does. Giroud will get the goal that keeps him in the lineup for the next game.
Big Poppa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Big Poppa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:30 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
Hulkibulk wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:I can't believe we drew. I closed down my computer a 3-0 and check the final score and wow. It doesn't matter that we dropped 2 points and that we started like horseshit, that is a mental soother and will leave us with some confidence. Chelsea have pretty much got this, that is clear but we are only 3 points off of second and second in this league is well worthy of respect. Lets hope we can get it again.

This is disturbing mentality by an supporter. Dont blame u tough, wenger does this with ppl.

I don't see why I can't be happy about a 3 goal comeback in the last 20 minutes (if that's what you mean). That is a positive story, especially as we are more known (although losing it) for being the team that lets teams comeback at them.

We haven't won the league in 13 years, we are not expected to win the league, those who behave like we have to win the league I don't even know where they are coming from. Not even Chelsea, City or United 'have' to win the league really, only 1 can win it and there are many top contenders, all with more experience of winning than we do.

The worst thing you can do as an arsenal fan is kid yourself into thinking second isn't a good finish for us and if that is the case prepare to be disappointed for a long time yet unless a lot of things click into place. I believe the ability to win the league is within us but recognise we are outsiders.

Like I say we have had some crappy results recently yet are still only 3 points off of second, I am not going to get all salty and upset about it. There is a long way to go yet.

I think Hulkibulk's point was more about how odd it is to switch off a game that hasn't finished yet if it's your team playing. I sort of agree (sorry). Even if it had finished 3-0 or even gone to 4-0, I'd have wanted to know how that panned out so I have an informed opinion when evaluating it. Regardless, we're all different.
Big Poppa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:45 pm

I was not watching the game, I was following it on BBC live text while I ate dinner. The third goal went in as I finished and then I went to do what I was going to do anyway. When I say 'I closed my computer down at 3-0' I said it matter of factually, not because that was the reason. 10 years ago I would have watched the whole game properly but nowadays I have more responsibilities, watching every minute of arsenal games (especially midweek ones) is not something I can guarantee any more sadly.

Either way the word 'disturbing' is a bit ridiculous even if that was the case, people do overreact in here.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2016-17