18/12/2016 | Manchester City 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 18/12/2016 | Manchester City vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby OptimusPrimett » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:48 pm

Sims wrote:It's the vapours & the long hair bro

But seriously its like his acceleration and pace have been switched nowadays, he's slower off the mark than he was back then but now he's probably one of our fastest over long distance

not even half the player he was back then. :dontknow:
User avatar
OptimusPrimett
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 981
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: 18/12/2016 | Manchester City 2-1 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:59 am

The problem is we are carrying at least three players who today couldn't maintain a pass rate over 60% ... feckin' three of them ... the average pass rate (excluding strikers) in the EPL is well over 70% how can we have three starters so feckin' poor?

What compounds the problem is that one of them is now 'acclaimed' as a vital part of our midfield ... are we sure? he shouldn't even be getting near a top four starting eleven .... squad player at best ....

Not at all convinced by Xhaka but the lad is receiving bad pass after bad pass ... that's not helping him at all

The other two 'piss poor passers' are massively overrated wide players who can't pass, can't create, and sure as shite can't defend .... why are they still here?

Ozil was crap today no question, but even feckin' Pele or Madonna would have been hard pressed to look good when every **** around them gives the ball away 40% of the time ... it's utter shite

No names needed because any Arsenal fan will know exactly who I'm talking about ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3594
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: 18/12/2016 | Manchester City 2-1 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby gooney » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:51 am

EliteKiller wrote:The problem is we are carrying at least three players who today couldn't maintain a pass rate over 60% ... feckin' three of them ... the average pass rate (excluding strikers) in the EPL is well over 70% how can we have three starters so feckin' poor?

What compounds the problem is that one of them is now 'acclaimed' as a vital part of our midfield ... are we sure? he shouldn't even be getting near a top four starting eleven .... squad player at best ....

Not at all convinced by Xhaka but the lad is receiving bad pass after bad pass ... that's not helping him at all

The other two 'piss poor passers' are massively overrated wide players who can't pass, can't create, and sure as shite can't defend .... why are they still here?

Ozil was crap today no question, but even feckin' Pele or Madonna would have been hard pressed to look good when every **** around them gives the ball away 40% of the time ... it's utter shite

No names needed because any Arsenal fan will know exactly who I'm talking about ....

by far our weakness is our wide men. We had proper footballers like pires, to hleb to nasri and now we have shit like walcott and ox. A kid like iwobi should be on loan. This is why we cant outfootball any decent team. Even when we play spurs, we have less possession and have to rely on counters as they have better passers
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14778
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: 18/12/2016 | Manchester City 2-1 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby theHotHead » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 am

gooney wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:The problem is we are carrying at least three players who today couldn't maintain a pass rate over 60% ... feckin' three of them ... the average pass rate (excluding strikers) in the EPL is well over 70% how can we have three starters so feckin' poor?

What compounds the problem is that one of them is now 'acclaimed' as a vital part of our midfield ... are we sure? he shouldn't even be getting near a top four starting eleven .... squad player at best ....

Not at all convinced by Xhaka but the lad is receiving bad pass after bad pass ... that's not helping him at all

The other two 'piss poor passers' are massively overrated wide players who can't pass, can't create, and sure as shite can't defend .... why are they still here?

Ozil was crap today no question, but even feckin' Pele or Madonna would have been hard pressed to look good when every **** around them gives the ball away 40% of the time ... it's utter shite

No names needed because any Arsenal fan will know exactly who I'm talking about ....

We are better at pretty triangles and passing across the back four though ......
by far our weakness is our wide men. We had proper footballers like pires, to hleb to nasri and now we have shit like walcott and ox. A kid like iwobi should be on loan. This is why we cant outfootball any decent team. Even when we play spurs, we have less possession and have to rely on counters as they have better passers
User avatar
theHotHead
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6215
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: 18/12/2016 | Manchester City vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby realtalk » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Sims wrote:Coquelin had 58% pass completion today, absolutely terrible in such a big game where we're on the backfoot all game

Also didn't we win all our games when we played Santi-Xhaka in midfield?


santi ,xhaka were average forward line was playing well.You cant have 2 people that want to drop deep and need proetction to play. Which is why coquelin seems to be just a battering ram and runner, decoy runner for santi & xhaka to do passes.overall thast not worth it as ozil becomes shit and its not good balanced football. Those were early season games.When its winter time santi fades.Xhaka is looking suspect. We always start decent when it gets to this period all kinds of r***rd mistakes and choices,loses happen.

Coq sures up midfield you lot said. By giving the ball away sure. I rather get attacked then give them the ball.I like coq as a dm. or sub.But this b2b attempt needs to die. Its not good enough its costing us all round.He's shit offensively and not a cm we are not really any defensively better we still conceed goals,we still get attacked. This is no different or even better than an old flamini or old arteta in there. which was a higher risk taking midfield. We still get attacked ,still conceed.The major difference is we are shit offensively.Which is why wenger subs coq off when its time to get goals and apply pressure.He actually notices it but continues. I dont get it you might as well play with high risk attacking midfield.Where has this obession of double holding players and overly defending coming from.Its not for better defending cause we still conceed. no two players will stop conceeding goals defending is a collective team job.

I really dont get why people are saying ozil is playing well or coq and any midfield duo is perfoming well.Their numebrs are shit. Ozil's numbers are drastically low what now 17 games in.He's getting more and more isolated and going M.I.A cause midfield support is poor

Moussa Sissoko has the same amount of PL assists as Mesut Ozil this season. (2)
https://twitter.com/Coral/status/810544 ... wsrc%5Etfw

Alot of the team is playing average and below par. Just doing the regular stuff they always do performance have not got better than previous seasons but players are demanding silly wage fees. Fees that big trophies winner gets f***ing joke.
User avatar
realtalk
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3295
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: 18/12/2016 | Manchester City vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby gooney » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:48 pm

realtalk wrote:
Sims wrote:Coquelin had 58% pass completion today, absolutely terrible in such a big game where we're on the backfoot all game

Also didn't we win all our games when we played Santi-Xhaka in midfield?


santi ,xhaka were average forward line was playing well.You cant have 2 people that want to drop deep and need proetction to play. Which is why coquelin seems to be just a battering ram and runner, decoy runner for santi & xhaka to do passes.overall thast not worth it as ozil becomes shit and its not good balanced football. Those were early season games.When its winter time santi fades.Xhaka is looking suspect. We always start decent when it gets to this period all kinds of r***rd mistakes and choices,loses happen.

Coq sures up midfield you lot said. By giving the ball away sure. I rather get attacked then give them the ball.I like coq as a dm. or sub.But this b2b attempt needs to die. Its not good enough its costing us all round.He's shit offensively and not a cm we are not really any defensively better we still conceed goals,we still get attacked. This is no different or even better than an old flamini or old arteta in there. which was a higher risk taking midfield. We still get attacked ,still conceed.The major difference is we are shit offensively.Which is why wenger subs coq off when its time to get goals and apply pressure.He actually notices it but continues. I dont get it you might as well play with high risk attacking midfield.Where has this obession of double holding players and overly defending coming from.Its not for better defending cause we still conceed. no two players will stop conceeding goals defending is a collective team job.

I really dont get why people are saying ozil is playing well or coq and any midfield duo is perfoming well.Their numebrs are shit. Ozil's numbers are drastically low what now 17 games in.He's getting more and more isolated and going M.I.A cause midfield support is poor

Moussa Sissoko has the same amount of PL assists as Mesut Ozil this season. (2)
https://twitter.com/Coral/status/810544 ... wsrc%5Etfw

Alot of the team is playing average and below par. Just doing the regular stuff they always do performance have not got better than previous seasons but players are demanding silly wage fees. Fees that big trophies winner gets f***ing joke.

Exactly.....the way I see it is if you look at our midfielders one by one and their ability. We know Ozil and what he can do. But Coquelin is a player who has failed everywhere he has gone until he got a chance with us. He is a limited player. Xhaka is very slow and offers no support and hasnt proven much. the wide men are technically poor. So Ozil who is a world class combination player is expected to combine with players who are poor at combining and you expect him to shine. He has only sanchez on his level. The could use a central midfielder who is much more comfortable with the ball and a wide player who is a Nasri type who can combine. we have simply too many technically poor footballers trying to play technical football
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14778
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: 18/12/2016 | Manchester City 2-1 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby hs6bx » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:28 pm

Exactly.....the way I see it is if you look at our midfielders one by one and their ability. We know Ozil and what he can do. But Coquelin is a player who has failed everywhere he has gone until he got a chance with us. He is a limited player. Xhaka is very slow and offers no support and hasnt proven much. the wide men are technically poor. So Ozil who is a world class combination player is expected to combine with players who are poor at combining and you expect him to shine. He has only sanchez on his level. The could use a central midfielder who is much more comfortable with the ball and a wide player who is a Nasri type who can combine. we have simply too many technically poor footballers trying to play technical football[/quote]


Unless you were watching the games he played for the clubs he went to on loan, how would you know he failed? He broke into the Arsenal side 2 years ago in November, and if it weren't for Sanchez being unplayable, Coquelin would have probably won our player of the year. I think people are far too quick to criticize the less glamorous players. Again, football has gone stats crazy and people forget that stats can be manipulated for an argument and are objective... in a subjective game. There is a stat which shows that Ozil runs a hell of a lot in most games, but there is a difference between running, and purposeful running, between looking like you're tracking back, and tracking back with intent to make a challenge.

I agree that our wide men aren't great (Walcott and Iwobi), and in my opinion aren't affecting the game anywhere near enough. I actually do really rate the Ox though - both on and off the ball. Unfortunately he hasn't been playing with any confidence, and as much as it pains me to say it he should probably leave to develop his career and fulfil his potential.
hs6bx
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Re: 18/12/2016 | Manchester City 2-1 Arsenal | Premier Leagu

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:25 pm

Lots of people talking about different problems.
There is only one problem. The club is a money making racket first and foremost. Wenger was the perfect front man. Why do we all think Kroenke chose Arsenal? He had a ready made manager who could get away with 10 years plus of sub standard crap served up each week whilst the bank account swelled.
We've got our Arsenal back
User avatar
jayramfootball
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Previous

Return to Matchday chat 16/17

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest